Rock Chevrolet

1000 E Belvidere Rd, Grayslake, IL 60030

New 877-659-7937
Used 866-771-7684
Service 888-904-4454

Customer service is back, so don't you dare shop anywhere else until you Shop the Rock!

Great Service from Ed

by from Third Lake, Il |

I had Ed Risher as my sales person and could not be happier! I have leather and I did buy the protection plan when they were Rockenbach. I went to the after sales guy..can not remember his name to find out how this protection plan will work since I bought it right before Rockenbach became the Rock. Basically he told me I would have to find a dealership that honored it because they no longer used that product. To put it mildly I was mad! I ran into Ed and he saw how upset I was. He listened and said he would look into it. Well about a week later, I received a call from Ed that Rock will honor that agreement. He said Rock contacted the company and they will let Rock do the service and bill the company. What service! The after sales associate SHOULD have done what Ed did. The after sales guy did not want to be bothered. Talk about poor customer service. Ed provided the customer service needed.

Very Helpful

by from Great Lakes, IL |

We were very pleased with our buying process. Having been a victim of identity theft just 12 months ago and being forced into bankruptcy due to that issue we were not sure we could get financing to rebuild our credit. The staff at Rock Chevrolet worked with us and even though we have to pay a higher interest rate we were put into a brand new car and the payments fit into our budget. We intend to come back in two years and trade out and up to keep rebuilding our credit. Thanks again to Jeremy, John Shaw, and the rest of the staff at Rock Chevy.

worst experience EVER!

by from elgin il |

I live in Elgin and I was called by Charlie saying that they could get me into a car I told her that I had no money to put down and my credit wasn't good but she insisted I come so me my mother and little sister travel almost an hour and a half to this dealership. Once we got there they tell me I have bad credit! no duh! I already told you that then they press me about a co-signer I tell them I don't have anybody so they ask my mom well her credit is not good either and she asked Martie and Bill not to run her credit but they did anyway. This place is so unprofessional and has the worst customer service ever. We also witnessed the manager Bill cussing a customer out. I recommend this dealership to no one and I'm pretty sure anyone who is writing good reviews are family friends or employees not actual customers

Chris Griese was excellent.

by from Grayslake, IL |

Chris Griese made the process less of a hassle than I expected. I would highly recommend him!

Love my new car!!!!

by from Racine, WI |

I absolutely love my new Cruze! It has been a pleasure to drive and am so very thankful to the men and women from Rock Chevy! Seriously you guys rock and I hope you dont mind me sending a few of my friends your way!

Very pleased!

by from Lake Villa, IL |

We purchased this vehicle from Rock Chevrolet and were very pleased with our salesman! We've taken the Equinox back for routine maintenance - oil change, etc. The service department is friendly, answers any questions, does the job right, and is quick!

not with buying a car from here with deceptive pra

by from wadsworth illinois |

i recently purchased a used vehicle from this so called dealership i had to replace all the items that were supposedly fixed were never done and when i brought car back management was very very rude i would never go back there or recommend this dealership to my worst enemy

Love my car!

by from Round Lake Il |

Great place to do business! Got a great car at a fantastic price. From service to sales I had a great experience.

very annoying

by from milwaukee, WI |

I had sent in a simple request check the availability on a mustang i was interested in and it led to calls all throughout the day unwanted texts and messages eventually they coped me into bringing my car in as a trade in even after i told them my odometer was broken, long story short the mustang i went to see looked nothing like the pic advertised, the fuel pump was broken and the car could not be moved yet no attempt was made to contact me about the state of the car, plus they told me my car was worthless although the lady reassured me my car can definitely be used as a trade.

out right liars stay away

by from chicago;il |

stay away call and text u a 1000 times with grest news great news sll s waste of time

Absolutely opposite of professional

by from Burlington WI |

While the dealership is nice inside, it is set up exactly in the manner which suits their attitude. The sales managers' desk is located directly in front of the entry to the show room. Not so much for the purpose of greeting shoppers as they people located behind this desk will barely glance up at the customer upon entry or for any other reasons such as questions or concerns. They will, however, spring to life if a shopper attempts to leave the building without a purchase. I was greeted by a very nice sales associate and led directly to a desk where we went over all of the standard processes of buying a car. My credit and money down situation was not adequate to get me into the car I had in mind but a phone call previous to my 70 minute trip to the dealership assured me, by word, that I was guaranteed to drive away in a new car. All I needed was my trade in, my 2012 Honda CivicLX, proof of residence (which I admit I forgot), a drivers license, insurance card, and proof of employment. Money down was not expected. I was then shown a 2013 impala LT with 21,900 miles on the odometer. My first impression of the vehicle was not the greatest but we have another child on the way and really need a bigger car, so I settled on it. 6 hours after arriving at the dealership I was finally driving away, not really sure what had just happened. I waited 30 minutes in the lot, after signing all of the paperwork, just to have plates placed on the vehicle. Every time I inquired about the plates, even letting them know I was running late for an engagement, I was told someone was on the way out. It took a half of an hour for someone to come out. Nobody would acknowledge me, much less answer any questions. When I got home I realized what had actually just happened. I wasn't approved for any loans, there was no legitimate transaction, the car I was driving wasn't licensed or registered, was not titled and there was nothing saying it was even my car. The following monday I called with my concern and was assured that I was approved, nothing to worry about, and they were just in the process of getting the best rate possible from the banks who had approved me. Thurseday I received a phone call from a finance person saying I was approved at a rate even better than expected but I needed to come in and sign a couple of documents. When I got there I met the person I spoke with and he asked for a copy of my most recent pay stub following that up with, "I found a way to save you some money". To make it short, he told me the bank wasn't going to approve me and that my Honda was being pulled around. I had even requested, the previous monday, to just bring the impala back and forget this ever happened and was assured over and over, by 3 people that my loan, with my conditions and my requested payment was approved. They said that I couldn't bring the impala back because the transaction was already complete and they don't do refunds, basically. They told me whatever I wanted to hear and none of it was true. When I told the finance person that I was told numerous times I had been approved, he said "you were approved with income verification". That is not an approval. That is a factor in whether or not someone is approved. I should have been told I was denied the day I walked in there. Not handed the keys to a car I had to drive illegally, not lied to numerous times, not assured and guaranteed, and not embarrassed by the whole ordeal. My denial should have happened there before all of this happened. I showed my income, was 100% honest about my income and my situation and disclosed everything so that they understood what I could actually afford. My credit score lost over 100 points in the past year but my credit and payment history are flawless. ALL on time payments. Not a single late one. My deposite statement which shows my take home income was said to be sufficient. I was lied to repeatedly and then accused of being the liar. FIND A DIFFERENT DEALERSHIP