Chuck Patterson Toyota

200 East Ave, Chico, CA 95926

1 of 1 review

Very poor buying expierence

by from Chico, Ca |

This is a review from The time I walked in to purchase my car to the day I received the upgrades I purchased along with my car. The day I walked in I was greeted by a nice kid who had just started working there I had told him that I was looking for a Scion XB with a Manual Transmission, he looked around and had none on the lot.Tom came out to assist the new kid and was pretty insistent that I test drive and automatic even after I made it pretty clear I wasn't interested in test driving one. So after that they offered to look around the nor cal area and see what they could find me with a manual transmission I agreed and filled out the paper work for credit and all the normal stuff you do when buying a car and printed out with them online the car I wanted with rims, lowering springs, and the alarm system included in the price. Tom then started questioning me as to why I wanted a manual instead of an automatic with a tone like I was stupid for knowing what I wanted. They called me and said I was approved and they would start looking for the car and told me the interest rate and I was happy with it they also told me I had a $500 Military discount since I am a 100% Disabled Veteran. Every thing sounded great and ready to go. A couple of days later they get the car in that I had wanted and called me up to come in and finish up the deal and of course I was excited to say the least. I get there and they had the interest jacked up 5% more then what I was originally told which took my monthly payments well over what I was willing to pay, and then on top of that they told me I would NOT be getting my $500 Military Discount. We sat and went back and forth for a few as they continued to try and pressure me into paying some ridiculous amount and telling me how I wasted their money for them to get the car for me(which we all know gas is a write off for dealerships) so they got my blood pretty hot. So naturally I got up and walked out. They called me a couple of hours later and said they had the paper work mixed up and found the right paperwork with the right interest rate on it and talked me back into coming in to get the car but mind you I still was NOT getting the Military Discount that Scion offers. No big deal right its only $500 but still as a Disabled Vet I still believe I deserve it. So I went ahead with the deal anyways. Now the day comes along that all my goodies I ordered come in. This is where Star number two comes in and is the only reason they got two stars from me at all. honestly I should be writing a totally separate review for their service department since they were the better part of my experience and would be getting a 4 star review alone but again this is about my purchase from start to end. I pulled up at 830am I had and appointment at 9 my car got pulled in at 845ish didn't get touched til about 1030am no big deal I to was a mechanic by trade and worked in dealerships so I know how the shop works. The service writer Darren was extremely nice and very helpful I have nothing bad to say about him what so ever. The Mechanic that worked on my car was a great kid as well and did a good job with the install of my accessories. After all was said and done I pulled out of the dealership just shy of 4pm. In their defense it was a Monday morning and they were slammed. This is the second car I have purchased from Chuck Patterson and sadly the last I will ever purchase here. Playing the interest rate game and not honoring my Military discount and hassling & pressuring me to buy the car just ruined it for me.

(1-1 of 1 review)