Powell Service Auto Sales

670 Powell St, Brooklyn, NY 11212

Cool As Hell!!

by from New York, New York |

i live about 45 min from the dealership. i was on their site and seen some nice cars. Got there and most of them were still available. i bought a g37x, car is dope! salesman werent wearing prada suits and i was expecting them to. i wasnt walking into a lamborghini dealership lol so i didnt mind. their attitude was kind and respectful. thats all that mattered to me. i dont listen to snobs, they usually have their heads up where the sun dont shine anyways lol. Referred a couple of people to them and they looked out for me, so i cant complain. i'd definitely refer anyone, especially if you're trying to build your credit.

TERRIBLE SERVICE

by from Knoxville,Tn |

They assured me that they had the vehicle I was interested in. Told me to apply online to be preapproved because we live 12 hours away. I filled out credit application with all my personal information and never heard from them again. Called them and they said they would check it and never contacted me. I should have followed my instincts and read their reviews first!!! Don't deal with them!

not sure what to think

by from long island,ny |

Well first off the woman on the phone was terrible with directions she had no idea where she even was BUT When we got there i thought the guys were very helpful.We went to d&a first where they then directed us to powell.It was late & instead of trying to rush home & get out of there they did stay & try n get the car started,(it was out of gas).Seems like a typical "brooklyn" used auto car lot thats all.I can see all the snobs getting offended by the guys, not wearing suit & tie.No big deal I thought they were helpful.Different service buying a car then a dealership so if thats what your expecting dont go here thats all. And they DID have the car they had on the web n it WAS the price advertised.

this place sucks

by from new york ny |

Cars on the website price is double when you go to buy in person their scamers

Powell Service Auto Sales responded to this review

December 22, 2014

Yes indeed they are waste of time don't trust any dealer that do not have information about a sales most important if a dealer do not approach you with respect don't bother even asking about a vehicle.

Shady car dealer

by from new jersey |

Shady!! I drove 2 hours to get here for an absolute waste of time. I called to make sure a car was still available. The woman on the phone told me it was available. When I got there they told me Someone had put a deposit on the car meanwhile the car wasn't touched with a flat rear tire . Then they tried to up sell and blame it on the new people working there. The sales guy was very shady. Stay away!!!

HORRIBLE

by from buffalo,ny |

They told me they where going to have the car I wanted and even confirmed the stock number with me the night before. I drove 7 hours from buffalo the next day to find out that they "sold it", so only go if it's a 5 minute drive away and even then it will probably still be a disappointment. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Not trustworthy at all

by from Ny Ny |

called about a 2007 Nissan. Spoke to Matthew who said the car was in stock. They also had several other 2005 2006 and 2007 Nissan. We drove over an hour to get there only to have them tell us that they didn't have anything but 2010 and newer and we're trying to get us to make a 300 or 400 a month car payment. they let us leave with 2000 in our hands as a downpayment and didn't care. The next day we had a friend call and ask about the Nissan Z they said they didn't have any told the friend that they did have them. They cannot be trusted at all. Do not buy from them. Also they go under several different names.

Never even called me back

by from Plattsburgh, NY |

I asked for information on an E-250 van they had listed but never even heard back from these guys!

Very dishonest!!!!!!!!!

by from New York |

I called the number listed, spoke to a woman with a raspy voice who confirmed stock #, milage and price. She also assured me that both cars that I was interested in were still available and gave me directions to Powell's. After getting to Powell neither of the cars were there but was informed by the skinny dude with dreadlocks that the cars were at their other lot further down on Linden Blvd, D&A Guaranteed Auto Sales. I went to D&A only to be told by a woman who sounded exactly like the lady I spoke to on the phone that the cars are not there and they're not affiliated with Powell Auto Sales. I took a few steps from her desk to call Powell Auto Sales and sure enough the woman with the raspy voice answered and was sitting at the desk right in front of my eyes. I then confronted her about all the lies and deception to which she became very irate and unprofessional. I missed a day of work to drive all the way there from Long Island only to be deceived and disrespected.

I call it "Ghost Dealer"

by from Belleville, NJ |

I am still waiting for someone from this dealer to call me. I e mailed them and call them with no one answering the phone to get information on a vehicle that I was interested on buying. That was about 3 weeks ago, and I am still waiting.