Lafazia Motors

(3.0) 2 Reviews

920 Plainfield St, Johnston, RI 02919

Worst car experience of my life!

by from somewhere in Mass |

Worst thing I ever did was stop at this place. Found a car advertised that my son wanted. We looked at it and took it for a ride. It needed some work that they said they would address so we agreed to a price and the repairs needed. My son left a deposit for half the purchase price and we were told it would take a couple of days before it would be ready. Those days came and went and we started getting the tomorrow business. That went on for another week with multiple visits. Still nothing. Finally two full weeks after the original purchase date it was supposed to be ready. We drove down and apparently it was on its way back. Well almost two hours later it shows up. It looked ok until we went to leave. The speedometer wasn't working nor were the wipers. Now they said leave it and they'll take care of it and deliver it to us for our inconvenience. This started an almost two week process of calls and visits with a multitude of excuses ending in being verbally assaulted by the "owner". He finally delivered the car. Before we got a chance to register ruthe car we were inspecting it in the driveway only to find multiple holes in the floor some right through the unibody and a rear wheel bearing that was supposedly replaced burnt to a crisp. This was a car that my son was going to be driving and it was a deathtrap. They agreed to look at it only after I paid to have it towed back. We wanted our money back but they would not refund it and only gave us one choice to replace it even with us offering more money on other cars in stock. The car is not really what he wanted but took it because he needed a car. They arranged for the Mass inspection with an inspection station so we took it to that station. Needless to say that was a joke because our mechanic has found numerous safety issues that we have since corrected at our own expense because I wouldn't trust them to change the oil let alone fix a serious issue. We are basically hoping the car gets him through the next several months until graduation when he can buy something new. We bought this car originally in March and I notice he has the same junk on the lot. If it were the last place on earth to get a car.... I would prefer walking to buying from them.

Nice Place, thanks for the Subaru

by from Scituate, RI |

Searched through this website, fund their Subaru listed, gave them a call. The entire process from internet, to purchase was about 2 hours total, and the Subaru is excellent. Just as described, would recommend to anyone looking for an affordable dependable car.