Cape Fear Auto Exchange

(4.3) 6 Reviews

7409 Market St, Wilmington, NC 28411

Addendum to my review

by from Southport, NC |

My previous review is precise, I inadvertantly clicked the repairs line. My vehicle needed no repairs.

just purchased, but am highly satisfied

by from Southport, NC |

This dealer not only helped tremendously, but the deal I got was by far much better than even my own bank would do. This was the best experience I've ever had purchasing a vehicle. We,be told them they have customers for life and mean it. Will use them again on my truck purchase. Not only will I recommend to friends' but will insist they visit CFAE before they go ANYWHERE else.

Very Friendly!!!!

by from Wilmington, NC |

I absolutely loved the customer service I received there. It was my first time buying a vehicle in just my name. They made the process seem so effortless. Even when my kids were impatient at points they offered paper and markers to occupy there time during the sale and joked with them. Couldn't be happier. Thank you for all your help.

Not TRUSTWORTHY

by from Wilmington NC |

Not an honorable dealership. We were pre-approved outside of this shop for our vehicle loan. My finance lady outside of this business, said she was trying to get us an even better loan and never got a hint anyone else was looking at the vehicle listed FOR SALE here, that we were interested in. Not long after the test drive and hand-shake, SOLD appeared on the website, a short time after leaving the small dealership. We thought the SOLD sign on the website was for us. It was sold to someone else and a return phone call of an apology was not even done. People like this, give car buying a bad name. I have had two people in the business tell me that what happened to me here is what gives all car salespersons a bad name.

Cape Fear Auto Exchange responded to this review

August 5, 2014

We here at Cape Fear Auto Exchange always strive to keep our customers happy. This happened to be one of those situations that required us to make a difficult but smart business decision. This particular customer had a finance company that he wanted to use to finance the vehicle that he was looking to purchase. We faxed the paperwork over like he asked us to and he said that he would be in touch when he heard back from them. Two hours after he left we had a customer from the day before come back in on the same vehicle. I explained to that customer that we had someone trying to get their financing worked out so I would have to see how that deal was going first. When I was unable to contact the customer I called the finance company he was working with. Three hours had passed since I had faxed the documents over and they were still unable to guarantee an approval. At that time we had to make a decision. We could continue to wait for a possible approval, or sell it to the customer that had already secured his financing and was ready to do business. After being in this business for the past 18 years I have learned that you have to take the sure thing in situations such as this. When the finance company finally did call back over 4 hours had passed. At that time they were still asking for more documents to be faxed over and still not able to give an approval. I informed the loan processor that we had customers in the process of purchasing the vehicle and that is was no longer available for sale. We firmly believe that we acted in the most fair manor possible and if put in this situation again we would handle it the same way. We appreciate each and every one of our customers and will continue to provide excellent service now and always.

GO MARINES!!

by from Jacksonville NC |

I Bought a 2010 Chevy Silverado 4X4 1500 LT and this was priced $1600 LESS Than Jeff Gordon and John was VERY helpful and took no time to write up the deal and deliver the Truck. THIS IS A GOOD DEALER FOR THE USMC!!

Great Dealership!

by from Wilmington, NC |

Im a single mom with 3 kids and I really appreciated all the attention and service from the team at Cape fear Auto Exchange. I bought a 2008 GMC Acaidia and it is one of the BEST vehicles I have owned. Jason was very helpful in answering all my questions and I had alot of credit issues to deal with and he got me my loan anyway! My kids and I love the DVD player and its a pleasure to drive. THANKS ALL. Jessica Rivenbark