Billion Auto - Buick GMC of Des Moines

9060 Hickman Rd, Clive, IA 50325

New 888-580-5834
Used 888-553-8827
Service 888-695-5795

Billion Auto has one of the nation's largest automotive websites!

Great customer service, very easy to work with.

by from Trenton, MO |

This dealership was GREAT. Everyone was very friendly with great customer service. They did everything to make us feel comfortable. The guys here did everything possible to help us out with the car buying process.

November 14, 2014

Courtney, this is the kind of review we love to see! Thank you so much for being a valued Billion Auto customer!

Worst buying experience ever!!

by from des moines |

Never have I waited 3 days to get a price, then to be told that they don't have any idea what my trade in is worth. Which is shocking since, diesel trucks are rather common vehicles now days. Don't know what or how this place gets anything done. Save your time and brain damage, go somewhere else!!

February 16, 2015

Please accept our apology for your experience. It sounds like you weren't taken care of as you should have been at our dealership. We will make sure that management is aware of the problems you had and can take steps to assure it doesn't happen again!

Not a good experience

by from Des Moines, Iowa |

The most dreadful experience we have ever had----from the salesperson to dealing with management in the South Dakota store there was nothing positive. Communication was terrible, they tried to get us to buy out of our clearly stated price range, we were denied our first vehicle for no apparent reason, they tried to get us to pay for their part of the contract, and repairing agreed upon items to the car was worse than pulling teeth without deadening the area first!! Will NEVER go back and will, already have, tell people NOT to buy from this dealership. I can see why they recently lost a law suit pertaining to in-accurate and false statements.

February 16, 2015

We are very sorry to see that your experience with Billion Auto was not a good one. We are constantly working on increasing our customer satisfaction and we hope that you will consider giving us another chance to show you that. Please accept our apology and rest assured, we will try to figure out what went wrong with our communication.

Great place friendly people.

by from St.Charles |

Great place friendly people. They worked hard to get us in a new car.

February 16, 2015

Thank you, Shawn, for your kind review. We diligently work toward good customer service and appreciate that you took the time to let us know you had a great experience!

Guy E. Donaldson, Des Moines, Ia

by from Des Moines, IA |

I am 87 years old, and I shopped around in Des Moines to find someone that would give me good service and would not try to take advantage of my age. My car is a Cadillac and they are a Buick dealer, and I have never received better service from anyone that would compare with the quality of service that I have received.

February 16, 2015

Thanks Guy! This is the kind of review our customer service team strives for! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again at Billion Auto!

took my business elsewhere with nice people

by from Clive, Iowa |

Went in just to check out a car I saw online. Liked the car, sales man was nice but car had some minor damage. Salesman had to speak with manager and we were told they were not going to fix it which is why the internet had it priced so low (price was comparable with market value) when I refused they came back and said they would fix it. What dealership doesn't fix their product before putting them on the lot?? They did not want to budge on trade in and offered a very low ball price. But the breaking point was all the wait time and the "manager" having to come out to talk with us. I don't play games and I don't appreciate being talked down to or treated in this old fashion way by a pushy manager that was a bully. The people next to us were just as frustrated and we all left at the same time not making any deals and happy to be leaving to take our business elsewhere.

January 7, 2015

Susan, I am so sorry that your experience with Billion Auto was not as good as it should have been! We take these reviews very seriously as they help us to improve our customer service. Thank you for your detailed rating and please accept our sincere apology!

President, Creative Travel Consultants, Inc

by from Des Moines, IA |

In all business area's excellent service was given.

November 14, 2014

Guy, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know you had a great experience! Thank you so much and please know that we appreciate your business!

Service Inconstancy

by from West Des Moines, Iowa |

VERY disappointed with the inconstancy of repair price quotes to final repair charges and questionable repair service received. Have had more problems arise with car since first repair was done by service department. Questionable on service performed. Would NOT recommend any repair or service be done.

November 15, 2014

It doesn't sound like your experience with Billion Auto was a good one. We are very sorry to see this and would like the opportunity to change your mind. Would you please contact our manager, Kevin Herrity, at 515-334-3428. We would like to hear the details of your visit. Thank you!

Worst after purchase service EVER!

by from CR, IA |

If I could do this all over again, I wouldn't... I purchased a used vehicle in July from the Clive Billion Auto store. I found the vehicle via their website and called to discuss it with a salesperson. They had the vehicle and listed it but could not provide any photos or details about it specifically because it had not even been detailed yet. They offered to have it detailed for me if I was interested in it. I was hesitant to drive 100+ miles but the salesperson assured me the vehicle was worth my time and the trip. Once there, I was told that it had been taken in on trade with a check engine light on, and the O2 sensor and oil pressure switch had been replaced. It seemed like a sound vehicle and a good deal at the time, so I agreed to purchase the vehicle if they would rotate the tires and if it came with a second key. Their mechanic rotated the tires, but failed to reprogram the TPMS to the tires new locations. It wasn't until returning home with the vehicle that I learned they had given me another vehicles key as my second key... I had to pay to ship it back to them. the next day the check engine light came on... O2 sensor! I called and left messages multiple times over the next few weeks, inquiring about my additional key and fob, and if they were willing to help with the sensor... I NEVER received a return call!! Frustrated, I drove 100+ miles to the dealership and asked to speak to the manager. He assured me that I would be taken care of, but they did not have the second key... I would need to contact the Iowa City Billion Auto service department and there would be no charge. A month after purchasing my vehicle, I finally had a second key. I received calls from OnStar and Sirrus notifying me that I had a free three month preview of their services, and asked how I liked using them. They said the dealership should of activated the services upon my receipt of the vehicle. Once I activated them, I've been able to enjoy the remaining 41 days of my 3 month preview. Kinda bummed I was never informed, and the dealership never activated them for me. NOW, two months after my purchase date I have yet to receive my registration and tags for my vehicle. After waiting patiently assuming the mail carrier would bring them any day, I called the State Department of Transportation and asked where they were or what the hold up was. They told me the vehicle's registration had yet to be submitted to them by the dealership and the vehicle was not in my name. My bank called and wanted to know why my payment was late... the dealership had not submitted anything to them yet either regarding my payment, and they had yet to receive the title. So.... I again have called the dealership and gotten the run around. My temporary dealer tag has now been expired for TWO weeks, and there is no end to this in sight unless I drive 100+ miles and deal with them face to face... I AM ONLY RELAYING THE TRUTH OF MY EXPERIENCES WITH THIS DEALERSHIP, NOT BASHING. BUYER'S BEWARE!! THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU END UP IGNORED AFTER YOUR PURCHASE IS FINALIZED LIKE ME.....

November 15, 2014

Josh, thank you for taking the time to give us a very detailed review. This is the information we need to know so we can improve our customer service. Nobody would be pleased after all that you went through for sure! I will make sure this is relayed to the management. Please, on behalf of Billion Auto, accept our apology. Thanks again, Josh!

What do you mean

by from and address will not be shared. |

They helped me with my problem in a timely manner.

September 18, 2014

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your business!

mr

by from Urbandale, Iowa |

Great friendly staff. Staff make you feel appreciated.

September 10, 2014

Terry, we're glad the staff made you feel appreciated!