Pohanka VW

(5.0) 5 Reviews

1720 Ritchie Station Ct, Capitol Heights, MD 20743

All around Superior Service.

by from Hyattsville, MD |

My husband and I visited Pohanka Volkswagen Dealership on a Sunday afternoon just to look around. We had the privilege of meeting Faith and Charlie. The friendliness compounded by their knowledge of their product was indeed impressive. I have NEVER had a more satisfying experience when car shopping than this one. I am still overwhelmed with the efficiency and speed encountered with our purchase. I did say we purchased that same day didn't I? LOL. Keep up the excellent work Faith and Godspeed in your endeavors.

Fabulous Experience

by from Hockessin, DE |

We had a fabulous experience with Pohanka VW and highly recommend that anyone looking for a VW use this dealership. We located an ad for a Golf online. The price seemed too good to be true. We contacted the dealership and Faith, one of the sales representatives, assured us that the price listed was correct. Before driving the 2 hours to this dealership from our home in Delaware, we visited local VW dealerships to see if any of them would match Pohanka's price for a comparable Golf. No one could touch Pohanka's price and many actually tried to convince us that Pohanka was being fraudulent. We spoke to Faith again and she assured us that the price was accurate and it wasn't a gimmick to lure us to their lot, so we made the trip. We couldn't be happier with the outcome. The car was immaculate. The price was accurate. The Golf had more options than what we expected. Faith was knowledgeable, thorough and overall delightful through the buying process. Even after the purchase, she maintained email and phone communication with us to ensure that we were happy with the car and had no issues or questions. Bottomline: Pohanka could offer a price lower than competitors, because it is a new dealership with little overhead. The sales office was a neat, clean and attractively decorated temporary trailer on the lot.

Very Satisfied

by from Arlington, VA |

I had a great experience with Pohanka Volkswagon. Faith Bennett was my sales lady. She was knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. I was thoroughly impressed. After I left the dealership I realized that I left some personal belongings in my trade in car. Living approximately 30 miles away Faith went above and beyond by mailing me my belongings to save me a trip. This was definitely my best car purchasing experience to date. Financing was also fast and efficient. I would reccomend Pohanka Volkswagon and Faith Bennett to any of my friends.

No-Pressure Test Drive, Great Ultimate Price

by from Washington, DC |

I had a great experience at Pohanka VW, start to finish. This is a review of the Pohanka VW sales department. I will continue to update this review and my star rating (if necessary) as I experience their service department. Faith Bennett took me for a test drive of both the Jetta and the Golf TDIs and was very friendly and patient, even though I told her I was just looking at Hondas (and used ones at that) and was only test driving the Jetta out of curiosity. Faith emailed me her contact information afterwards but did not call to try to convince me to buy a car I said I was not looking for. Clearly, I loved the test drive. At my initiative (read: no pressure), Faith and I corresponded for a week or so about various options for buying or leasing different model years of the car. I was entertaining offers from several other dealerships, including one bid from a different dealership that was low enough to prompt one of the higher bidders to insist that the low bid could only be a lie the dealer was telling me (FYI, it was not a lie). Several other dealerships promised to beat that low price, but when pressed on the exact amount by which they could beat the price, confessed they were talking about a discount of $40-$200. Pohanka VW also promised to beat the bid, but unlike these other dealers, they offered a price that was several times less than the $200 discount other dealers offered (read: it was a discount worth coming in to hear about). [This seemed to boggle the mind of the aforementioned higher bidder dealer, who could not believe any dealership would sell the car I got at the price I got.] [Footnote: I wonder if part of the reason they were willing to make such a great (for me) offer on the car is because they are a relatively new dealership run out of a semi-permanent trailer-like fixture (hence my low rating for "facilities"). Not only do they lack the expenses associated with a big brick and mortar building, but I'm sure they are also trying to build a client base and attract customers despite their temporary building. (Note that the dealership is opening a large building next year; the trailer time is temporary.)] During all of our negotiations, I felt that Pohanka was relatively transparent and respectful. Once we agreed on a price, Faith helpfully found the color options I wanted at another Pohanka lot and arranged for the car to be transferred the next day. We filled out the paperwork and Faith even waited patiently while I signed up for auto insurance with Geico from her desk (about a 25-minute process). Ms. Portiene, the finance person, carefully explained all of my warranties and set me up with financing at BB&T that was at lower rate than I'd been able to secure on my own. She even stopped me from buying unnecessary gap insurance, explaining that the size of my down payment made such insurance unnecessary. Then I got a tour of the dealership's facilities and service center and was set up with a 30-day check-up to adjust the alignment of the car after I had a few weeks to drive it. The dealership also hooked me up with a loaner Jetta TDI that I could use to drive myself back to the dealership the next day to pick up my car. Actual pick-up of the car the next day also went smoothly. The car was washed and vacuumed, another sales person (whose name escapes me) showed me how to use the blue tooth and some of the other features of the car, the gas tank and tires were filled up, and the sales person even took a few photos of me with my new car. I would definitely recommend stopping into Pohanka VW to see what they can do for you. My initial test drive, during which I did not appear in the least to be a person seriously considering purchasing a new Volkswagen, was pleasant and low-pressure and the negotiation process was mostly carried out by email and ended with my getting just about the best possible price for my new 2014 Jetta TDI.

Pohanka Volkswagen was very impressive

by from Silver Spring MD |

I have been shopping cars for a while and finally settled on the Passat Diesel sedan. The VW TDI diesel is an incredible engine, great fuel economy, smooth, powerful, and with a range of over 700 miles. I got prices at a few dealerships and Pohanka met the price I asked for. Bruce was patient with me and was very sincere with working with my wife and I.