H&R Auto Sales

(2.3) 3 Reviews

4300 Decoto Rd #B, Fremont, CA 94536

Bad business practices all the way around

by from fremont, ca |

I purchased a car from them, they requested cash only to avoid taxes I guess. They sent me the registration saying they are the lien holders still and tried to say I still owed them money, but they forgot they gave me a receipt for the full amount that I paid. Not to mention the car started having transmission problems a few days later, and other safety issues. My mechanic said the car wasn't even safe enough to be on the road. They have several complaints against them with the Better Business Bureau a few of them you can see online, the others you can just inquire about by calling the BBB number. Complaints about mileage rollbacks, bad sales transactions, and tons of vehicle complaints. I do not recommend this company at all but if you have to go here bring a mechanic, a tape recorder, and an attorney. Oh and check with DMV and see what the actual mileage is on the vehicle. They have their own mechanics at their old spot in Newark that do the repair short cuts, confirmed by one of their own mechanics. Their mechanic also admitted they write their own positive reviews on internet sites.

get the car check out firs

by from Fremont CA |

I went to this dealership last week after seeing one of their postings on Craigslist. I picked out the car I wanted and was informed that the car was in perfect condition. I kept hear a knocking sound in the engine and my friend said it had no oil, so ok, but then as I ck the engine further there was a piece of wood placed in the engine. Sam said the painters were painting so they placed it there. so i sent my friend to get oil as i completed the paperwork, As he is putting in the oil another customer came buy and said that car sounds like it has engine problems. the car was beautiful and a great price. so I told sam I wanted to purchase the cooling off period for 250.00 (I could then bring the car back and get a full refund after two days. I wanted my mechanic to ck it out). We were told about this cooling off period the day before, so now the two sales men are annoyed and said well there is a 500 restocking fee if you bring the car back (so now I have to pay 750 to rtn a car I had for two days). Then Sam says its the engine pins and it cost only 300 or 400 dollars to fix, now im like WAIT a minute. You told me this car is in perfect condition on several occassion, then I decided to leave im done with all of the lies and attitude that they were giving me. HAVE THE MECHANIC CHECK YOUR CAR. (people work hard for their money and no one wants to be lied to) Thank god for that customer

Pleasantly Surprised by great service!!

by from Pleasanton, CA. |

I have been in the market for just over a month now looking for a car for my daughter. I came across a vehicle online from H&R Auto and decided I would make some time to go. The sales staff was extremely helpful, professional, and courteous. If you are shopping for a nice, pre-owned vehicle from a reputable dealership, you need to stop and see Sam or Rabih.