Autos R Us

Autos R Us

633 S Broadway, Lexington, KY 40508

Used 888-451-1233

Your destination for quality pre-owned vehicles.

Great customer service

by from Lexington, KY |

Recently bought a 2010 Hyundai Sonata from Autos R Us, great car for the money. The sales man was not pushy at all and was able to answer all of our questions about the car and it's history. They did not mind us taking it to our mechanic for a pre buy inspection (which I recommend everyone do to avoid most of the problems mentioned in many of the other reviews on here). Car checked out so we started talking numbers, and they were very open to negotiation and trade. Overall our experience was quick and painless. The only gripe I have is that the detailing job done inside of the car was not great.

Bad deal

by from Louisville, KY |

I bought a Mercedes Wagon at Autos R Us about six months ago. They told me the car was in good conditions. When I went to test drive the car, there was a bouncing feeling from the back side of the car, it turns out the it needed back shocks, they took the car back, and returned it to me a few days later saying the car was fixed. It was not! So, I took the car to another shop and they confirmed, the car needed shocks. Two months later, the water pump, one month later the car needed front shocks and now the car needs brakes job done ....... so, many thousands of dollars spent on a car that was perfect. Plus, if you are not paying cash, watch out ....

Autos R Us responded to this review

November 15, 2014

Out of good faith, we replaced both the rear airbags and AirMatic struts on this vehicle at no expense to the customer. Over $2000 was spent out of our pockets to keep our customer satisfied. Per KY laws, the vehicle was sold AS-IS. We were not obligated one bit to pay for the repairs but chose to. As with any used vehicle, mechanical breakdowns can and will happen. The particular vehicle that was purchased, a 2005 Mercedes Benz E500 4Matic Wagon, has a problematic air ride suspension. We service our vehicles prior to sale but unfortunately we can not control what happens down the road. Whenever possible we try to correct any reasonable issues to keep our customers satisfied.

Great Customer Service

by from Stanford, Kentucky |

Just purchased a 2007 Nissan Sentra, it's a very clean vehicle and a great price for the quality of the car. They pointed out every flaw in the vehicle and were very straightforward about it. The hood release cable broke; I called the dealership and they are ordering the part and are going to put it in free of charge. I would recommend this dealership to anybody, because they could have blew me off and I would have to take care of it myself, but they were kind enough to take this matter into their hands and fix the problem. I love my new car, and I got a great deal for it. This dealership is one of the best I've been to, and the dealers are the most laid back guys ever. Great experience and I hope to do business with them again in the future.

unhappy customer

by from Morehead |

Here is our experience with this dealership. We bought a car from them a Mazda Cx7 a really nice car But when it was started I noticed smoke coming from the tail pipe I asked why and was told that they had just changed the oil and it would stop. So then we drove it on the interstate and the wheel shook like crazy so we took it back they said that they would balance the tires ok also the cruise control did not work said they would order the part and we could bring it back and they would fix it.So we took it back the piece had to be put on the wheel well they drilled a place out and tried to rig it ...lol...that didnt work we brought it to a mechanic in Morehead and they said that was how that was and the shake that was in it was a bent rim that was put on it so got both of those problems fixed. I mean they said they would fix whatever was wrong with it that was a joke now we have it back in the shop because the Turbo has messed up and oil went everywhere thats gonna cost us around 1000.00 or more to fix but that is why the smoke came out the tail pipes. I have never been so lied to in all my life. Learned my lesson my Husband called the owner and was told he never heard the conversation and that the boy was fired So my advise is to stay clear of here!

You understand, this is unheard of right?

by from Louisville, KY |

Have you ever heard of service like this? I went to this dealership as they had the specific car I was looking for. The salesman was straightforward, honest and down to earth. I bought the used vehicle as is. A few weeks later there was an issue with the vehicle. Not only did the owner personally call around my area to find someone who would fix the issue, but he helped cover the repair cost. The guys at the repair shop said this was unheard of and wanted his name. They wanted to do business with this dealership. I've told this story to many people. These are solid guys with integrity that can find what you want and stand behind it 100% I will be buying all future vehicles from them. Good luck with your personal shopping experience, James Stith

Great Experience

by from Winchester, KY |

i bought a malibu from autos r us. they did great job getting me financed and i am happy with the car. thank you.

Horrible experience

by from Portsmouth, Ohio |

I drove over 2 hours to get to Autos R Us on south Broadway in Lexington. I called before starting my travel to ensure that the car would be there, only to be lied to for over 5 hours about where the vehicle I came to look at was. First, it was getting cleaned, then the tires were getting rotated, then the guy who was rotating the tires "took a lunch" (seriously, I wanted to laugh in his face for that one) the last excuse was that a lug nut was cross threaded and the entire part had to be replaced. I knew that something was up the minute the story changed the second time, however, I was determined to make them produce the vehicle so that I could watch them squirm. When the vehicle was finally brought to the lot, it would not even go into gear. There was a problem with either the transmission, the axle or the hub. They not only allowed me to waste an entire day from work waiting, they purposely and knowingly were trying to put a "band aid" on the car the entire time in hopes to cover the problem to make a sale. I had cash in hand to make the purchase, cash that I have worked very hard for. It is a sad day when people would take advantage of another in that way to make a dollar. The lot owner walked by me several times during that day and did not one time stop to explain the situation. That in itself should speak volumes about the type of business that they do. I would not ever think of giving these people my business, nor would I ever recommend them to anyone. My hope is that the next time I am in that area, I will drive by only to see that they are not in business any longer. I truly hate that someone will be stuck with that car, one that will undoubtedly not be repaired correctly. This dealership also offers gaurenteed financing for their customers. In other words, folks who have bad credit (presumably because they cannot afford to pay their bills) will be approved for a loan with their lot, charged an astronomical interest rate and then be faced with having to pay to fix a car that they probably have a hard enough time making the payment on. Pitiful.

cars and suv

by from nich ky |

Thank u squirrel for your help u help my family with our new car ever one need car there after I got my new car I could sleep know I go a good deal.

good carlote ever one there help me

by from Lexington ky |

When I called there both salepeople help me I was happy they made it fun and easy yes ever one need stop there first be you look for a car.