Nashville Speed Shop

5209 Pennsylvania Ave, Nashville, TN 37209

Used 888-702-9771

Buyer Beware

by from High Point, NC |

I recently purchased a car from Nashville Speed Shop in the middle of March 2014. After making a 7.5 hour drive to Nashville from the piedmont triad region in North Carolina, I was ready to pick up my new car that was described to be in ?immaculate? condition. As I pulled up to the shop and inspected the car for the first time, I saw three things. First, I could tell that the car wasn't as advertised. It was lowered--and although this wasn't a bad thing, I would have liked it disclosed. Second, there were massive donut and burnout marks in front of the shop. I was thinking maybe (hopefully) it was a happy customer. Third, the tire tread wasn't as advertised. Adam had previously told me in an e-mail that the rear tires had "7-10 thousand miles left.? They were bald, and I wouldn?t dare drive them back to NC in the rain. I meet Adam, and he seems like a nice enough guy. As I was handed the keys for a test drive, he states, "Remember this car isn't yours yet--don't race it and don't take too long. I never abuse the cars here." I immediately thought about the tire marks in front of the shop. Next, I got into the car and looked around. The sunroof trim was falling into the cabin, but otherwise the car was nice inside. Since the car was already up to temperature, I didn't get to see if the car had any issues on cold start. The car drove perfectly and I drove back to the shop. Adam was in a rush to close up, so I finished up the paperwork and headed off on my way. I stopped for gas and ran into my first true issue: the car started shaking terribly at idle. I immediately could only think that I was just screwed over. After collecting myself, I thought, "Ok, maybe it has stale gas," so I fill it up and move on hoping that the shaking will go away. Another twenty miles go by and the check engine light comes on. I stop and get the code pulled: Bank1 & Bank2 lean codes. It is a common code for aftermarket filters. "Ok," I think to myself, "two issues--maybe changing the air filters back to stock will fix the CEL & rough idle." I sourced a pair of OEM filters in Knoxville and installed them. No change, and still rough shaking at idle. I carefully drove the car back to NC and started diagnosing the issues. The lean codes ended up being an intake manifold gasket leak. The intake manifold bolts were hand tight. I could seriously turn the front two bolts with just my fingers. I replaced the gaskets, bolts, and all additional hardware required. The job cost me $115 in parts alone. It fixed the lean code, but the shake at idle continued. I was stumped, and the issue stumped multiple mechanics until one shop found the culprit: a razor blade embedded into the radiator fan blades. The fix cost me $850 and fixed the idle issue. The car ended up great, but with the repairs, it cost me more than any comparable cars. It cost $1,845 out of pocket to get the car as advertised, not including the deferred maintenance that was required. If I wasn't handy with a wrench, the bill would have totaled over $3,100. I contacted Adam numerous times and asked if he could help me out at all. He made minimal effort and only offered dealer prices on parts to bring the car back into working condition. I expected better, and I hope to inform and warn all potential future buyers at Nashville Speed Shop. Go elsewhere to buy your next car--it?s worth the extra money.

Nashville Speed Shop responded to this review

April 29, 2014

Let me first start by saying how sorry we are @ Nashville Speed Shop that Mr. & Mrs. Moore had issues with the car. We inspected the car as did Mrs. Moore & her husband upon their arrival to Nashville. The vehicle in question is a 2009 Mercedes Benz C63 (w/60,000 miles) which is a 550HP performance car. The customers inspected the vehicle and test drove it for over 30 minutes before going ahead with the purchase & completing the paperwork. They also were offered a warranty which they declined and paid & completed the paperwork and drove the vehicle back 8 hrs to North Carolina. I did not hear from them until 2 weeks later when Mrs. Moore called saying they were having issues with the car Idling rough. Had the vehicle had ANY issues when it left our shop or when they test drove it we would have certainly stepped up and help with any or all of the repairs. After a customer refuses a warranty and leaves with a vehicle it is out of our control what they do or how they drive it. We cannot after the fact be responsible for repairs on vehicles that are no longer in stock. Again we @ Nashville Speed Shop stand behind our product and we are extremely sorry this instance took place. As you can see by our reviews on Facebook, Car Gurus, Autotrader, & multiple other websites that we are highly reputable dealership. Again we are sorry for the mishap & welcome your business. Adam Rottero 615-864-7072 adam@nashvillespeedshop.com

Just as expected

by from Greenville, SC |

On service; Adam was willing to meet me on his free day and help with the loan process even though was not a bank provided by him. . The car was just as presented online. Great inventory with very clean cars.

Good Day with a Dealer

by from Hopkinsville Kentucky |

Adam and the guys at Nashville Speed Shop were great to deal with . Adam was very responsive and quick to get me answers. Everything was just as expected when I arrived and the vehicle I traded for was exactly as represented. I have to say it was a pleasure doing business there., a comment I cant say that about most of the other dealerships I have worked with in the past.