Timmons Subaru

(3.7) 3 Reviews

3950 Cherry Ave, Long Beach, CA 90807

Regular Service

by from LAKEWOOD, CA |

Excellent service department! Very high quality personnel.

First Service Visit

by from Garden Grove, CA |

I was met by the Service Advisor as soon as they opened. Miguel was able to take care of my appointment needs and even recommended some accessories that I might add to my Subaru in the future. I was in and out in less then 15 minutes.

Terrible Sales Service

by from 90254 |

Terrible sales department service. I got a flier in the mail from the manager (April) at Timmons Subaru. It is obviously a sales flier and I'm sure that they got my information because I have a Subaru Crosstrek. The flier offers me different incentives and deals to trade in my car. Then on one page of the flier, it offers me a COMPLIMENTARY free oil change if I come in and present the coupon/flier. It doesn't say that I need to take a test drive or purchase a car from them. I called Timmons Subaru and I got a 7 am service appointment. The service department was great. Very nice and helpful. Miguel told me that the sales dept. doesn't open until 8:30. I waited until 8:35 and nobody in sales showed up so I was about to leave. Then Miguel told me that he had called the sales dept. for me and that someone was coming. A sales rep. (Mike I think) walked over from the VW dealership and was very rude. I stood at the sales desk for several minutes before he acknowledged me, then when I showed him the flier, he said that I would need to purchase a car before I got a free oil change. He was so rude and curt that I thought he was joking with me. I even laughed but then I quickly realized that he wasn't. I asked him, you are telling me that I have to purchase a car to get a free oil change? He said yes, why would we give you a free oil change if you were not going to buy something. I was appalled and he said quickly, I'll let you talk to a manager and walked away. He didn't say, I'm sorry but I can't help you with this because I need manager approval or come with me or stay here and I'll get a manager for you. He just said, you need to talk to a manager and walked off. I chased him down and told him to just give me my flier back and said that "I'll make sure that I write this experience up on yelp". He said nothing and went to looking around his desk as if I wasn't even there. Then another manager came by and looked over the flier and said, it says that you need to have a 2001- 2011 Subaru to trade in, which is not true because the flier clearly states that my 2013 Subaru qualifies. So after talking to him, he reluctantly gives me the free oil change. I have had great experiences prior with Subaru sales and service reps and that's why I was so taken aback by this experience. I would never purchase my car here and I now know why people hate dealing with Car Sales Reps. I absolutely regret going to this dealership and I hope to never get any mail from them in the future.