Kinney Subaru

(5.0) 4 Reviews

128 US-7, Rutland, VT 05701

Forget the rest, shop the BEST!

by from Slingerlands NY/ Killington Vt |

I was recently devastated to learn that my 1998 Forester needed to be retired. Time for a new car. The last time I purchased a new car was in 1999, and I didn't feel ready at all for the hassle of dealing with car shopping in 2015. I visited one dealer locally whose new showroom felt more like an airplane hangar. After standing around for about 10 minutes, not being approached or greeted by a single person from the dealership, I left, pretty sure this was not going to be a pleasant experience. Was I ever surprised! We have a 2nd house in Vermont, and learned right away that Vermont dealers were offering twice the amount off sticker on a new car than dealers in NY. My husband stopped at Kinney on Thursday and did some preliminary discussion with Mike Maliniak and his manager. On Friday, Mike came in - again on his day off (see review that follows) to meet with us at about 5PM to help us find a new car. He called us earlier to find out what cars we wanted to see, had them clean, gassed up and ready to test drive. There was no pressure, even though there was less than two hours to closing, and Mike patiently took us out, explaining car features, searched the inventory for other cars with different options, and even took us trekking through the back lot in the snow and fading light to find a different Forester we were suddenly curious about. Mike never lost his smile or pleasant personality or ever made us once feel like we were making his dinner get cold. In the end, we decided on a vehicle and made plans to return the next day to finish the sale. Tom helped us quickly and efficiently with the paperwork to take ownership, again, friendly, personable, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to do business with. In a total of probably two hours, I found the perfect car, courtesy of some wonderful people who got me into a new car for substantially less than quoted to me by a dealer closer to home. Airplane hangar it?s not, but small, friendly, hometown feeling this dealership is. By the time we left with our car I felt like we had made a group of new friends rather than just purchased a car. Everyone was so knowledgeable, professional, and willing to go out of their way to make our visit there a positive experience, I?m hopeful we?ll return again in 17 years when I need a new Forester. I LOVE my new car and the folks who made it happen. Thanks Mike, and everyone at Kinney!

Pleasant experience, great car, great price

by from Rutland, VT |

Purchasing a car is an arduous and often grueling experience?not so at Kinney Subaru of Rutland. My partner and I had been car shopping for about a week, test driving vehicles all over Vermont, spending seemingly endless hours in dealer lobbies, and continually coming up empty. Bottom line?we were tired. We were tired of looking at cars that seemed great online, only to find out that the deceivingly low online price was simply a lure to get prospective buyers in the door. We were tired of feeling taken advantage of by salesmen who played on the fact that we were two women. We were tired of the run-around and being made to wait for no reason other than to wear us down. As we drove to the Rutland Kinney Subaru dealership, we were expecting more of the same. But more of the same never came. Instead, we were offered respect and treated to an incredibly pleasant and enjoyable car-buying experience. That February morning, we had come to look at a specific car?a 2011 Subaru Outback with low miles and all the bells and whistles. We knew we loved Subarus; our 2007 Outback had long been our favorite car we had owned. My partner called ahead and spoke with Mike Maliniak, who offered to come in on his day off to show us the vehicle. When we arrived Mike had the car warmed and ready for us. We talked for a minute and then hopped in the car for a test drive. Mike was not only knowledgeable about the car, but he also instructed us where to go so that we could test the car in all sorts of Vermont conditions, including bumpy unpaved back roads. Mike was friendly, and we felt very comfortable conversing with him and asking him questions. We got back to the dealership and decided to move forward with our plan to purchase the vehicle. Mike was respectful, open, and not pushy at all. Our opinions and concerns were addressed as valid, we did not feel as though we were being hustled, and it was clear Mike was trying to get us the best deal possible. All of these made us more confident in our decision to not only buy this car, but to buy this car from this dealership and from this sales professional. Checking other online sources, we saw that the vehicle was already offered at a fair price (unlike vehicles at other dealerships). Still Mike worked with us on our offer, using his expertise to help us get the vehicle at the best possible price. We were not only impressed with how smooth and comfortable the negotiation went, but we were also very happy with the ultimate price paid for the vehicle. Tom, who helped us finalize the purchase, was also great. He moved us through the purchasing process quickly and efficiently, explaining various warranty options and organizing our paperwork. We have had our 2011 Subaru for a week now, and we love it. It handles well in the Vermont ice and snow, it is comfortable, and it is replete with an all-weather package (including seat warmers). When we drive the car, we feel like we?re riding in a luxury vehicle. We are happy with our purchase and happy that we went to Kinney Subaru of Rutland. If you?re looking to have a pleasant experience purchasing a high-quality vehicle at a fair price, go to Kinney Subaru of Rutland (and ask for Mike!).

Mom's car

by from Ricmond, VA |

My Mom was in search of a new car and I wanted her to get a Subaru for those Vermont winters. Paul at Kinney Subaru treated her great. I am out of state so my mind was at ease when she went there to buy a car by herself for the first time. The service department has been great as well. Would definitely recommend for sales and service!

Impressive Impreza Sale!

by from Albany, NY and Middlebury,VT |

I was helping my niece buy a car ; she discovered Kinney Subaru. We appreciated Mike and Kelly?s attention attention and help. I think car sales have come a long way, not only because consumers have access to better info but because dealers like Kinney realize how important customer service is, as well as honesty and sincerity. Mike and Kelly were very efficient in preparing the paperwork( and working to get good financing),getting the car prepped, introducing us to the service crew and getting us out of the door. The Impreza is just right for my niece and the deal was fair; its hard to ask for much more. Good car, good people, good vibes!!