Berlin City Honda of Portland

255 Maine Mall Rd, South Portland, ME 04106

New 877-315-3889
Used 877-305-6842
Service 877-317-4364

Berlin City Auto Honda of Portland is the easiest place to shop.

1 of 1 review

Most of the process was great

by from Portland, ME |

I recently bought a 2015 Honda Civic Ex-L. I had looked at this car elsewhere and knew the price I thought was fair. When the interior-exterior color combination arrived, I contacted this dealer. The entire deal was conducted on the phone and through text and email -- which was easiest for me. Maybe I could have negotiated a better price, but I thought it was fair, and haggling isn't my style. I asked for photos of the car -- no problem. I asked them to hold the car for a couple of days- no problem, no deposit. I arrived at the dealer and asked to take a test drive -- no problem driving alone. I loved the trust and the ease of buying my first new car in many decades. Then came the unfortunate wait for the paper signing. Even though I was paying cash, I sat and waited and made small talk with the poor salesman for nearly three hours (!!!) with no explanation about the wait. When I was called into an office to sign a few papers, I was given the hard-sell for an extended warranty. I was totally unprepared for that and refused to consider it at that moment. They relented and extended my decision by a day. When that was over, the very knowledgeable salesman sat in the car with me and explained everything I could possibly remember. I drove away four-and-a-half hours later. The next day I called and asked for all-weather mats as an apology for the ridiculous wait. The mats were ready when I arrived. When I called to ask about the title to the car which was taking several days, they offered to drive it to me (Fed Ex the next day instead). So... I would definitely recommend this dealer -- their knowledge, their trust, their willingness to be of service --, but I would threaten to walk out if the finance department takes too long, and I would definitely ask for time to research an extended warranty.

(1-1 of 1 review)