Patrick Hyundai of Palatine

Used 888-239-1742
Service 888-232-0830

Disorganized

by from Chicago |

I contacted this dealer looking at a specific used car. I left the sales person know my requirements for a sale, she spoke to her manager, and we were not able to match up on numbers. It was very clear that the negotiations were done. This happens in any sale and is more than fine. What is not fine is the 4+ emails and 3 phone calls I've received over the past few weeks. As I said, it would clear the deal would not happen. None of these follow up calls were specific to the previous deal or discussed changing terms on said deal... they were just generalized follow up type spam.

False Advertising!

by from Wonder Laker IL |

We called this morning inquiring about two different vans they had listed online. The lady said they had both and would have them ready for us when we came in an hour and a half later. We get there and the sales guy can only find one of the cars keys, he then takes us all over the lot looking for this van. He cant find it an asks one of the shop guys if they know where it is. The shop guy says he thinks it's been taken for detail. So he takes us inside to find out "where it is." We wait for over 10 minutes and he brings his manager over who tells us that the first car was sold yesterday (even tho we were told only an hour and a half now that it was there) and that the other car (the one the sales guy had keys for) didn't pass inspections and that he had another van we could see. Well this van was being serviced and they took us into the shop. I have my two kids (age 3 and 4) with me and there are cars being worked on, it was very noisy, the van that he took us to see was locked and on jacks. We couldn't really see in and there was no way we could test drive it. We asked for some paper work on it so we could talk it over. He says sure, takes us to someones desk (not even his own) about 15 minutes go buy and he comes back with yet another set of keys but no info on the other car. We ask about a price on the last car and it is way out of our price range, which we had already stated when coming in. He then brings up another car, also out of our price range. He then proceeded to push us to take it for a test drive which we declined since it was now past lunch time. We asked for the paper work on both vans so we could go get some lunch (two crabby kids does not make a fun time no matter what you do) and discuss our options, he says sure, but never gets any paperwork. Continued to ask us if we wanted to test drive. We finally said we needed to go and left. We left empty handed, they lost a potential sale, we were not happy with how much time we had to wait to really see the inside of one van which was not even near our price range. The manager was very short with us, and seemed as if he had "better people" to serve. I will never go back, they have lost my business along with any of my family and friends. Next time don't advertise a car you don't have or don't plan on selling!

They don't honor their advertising

by from Palatine, il |

We went to Patrick Hyundai of Palatine because their web site had specials advertised on last year's Sonata. The salesman was fine and we test drove a couple of cars. The problem came when we sat down to discuss pricing. We showed him the advertised pricing and how it had additional rebates that could be applied as well. They showed this to the manager who said it was a misprint. (It was the same misprint on the 6 cars I looked at then) anyway, the salesman seemed to want to honor the advertised price or at least come close. The manager would not budge though. It would have been a really good price and we would have bought the car then and there but they didn't even try to honor their advertising. They said that they were going to fix the problem on the website, but I just checked before I wrote this review and nothing has changed.