Nachbar Automotive

(4.6) 5.0 19 Reviews

6801 Hedge Lane Terrace, Shawnee, KS 66226

Used 888-668-5112 Used888-668-5112

Innovative used car experience found only at Nachbar Automotive.

Pre-owned Wonderland

by from Lawrence KS |

I had been looking for an Acadia since January when I finally found Nachbar on the internet. I wish I would have found them sooner. They were about to close when we stopped by but Ryan went above and beyond to stay after hours and take care of us. They had a great selection of vehicles to choose from along with the knowledge to back those vehicles. I drove off with an awesome Acadia that happens to even be Jayhawk blue!!

June 5, 2015

Michelle, thank you so much for the positive feedback. We appreciate your business! Thanks, Ryan.

Well Done, Nachbar Automotive!

by from Big Horn, Wyoming |

A few months ago, I began my quest looking for a another Cadillac, with specific color exterior and interior. I knew I needed used, and wanted low mileage and a good price. As I searched in the area and on-line, I knew the price range that I would be paying. Quite by accident, I found Nachbar Automotive had the car that with the features and color that I wanted, it was a 2015 with only 5200miles. However, I was a bit hesitant, because of two reasons. First, I had hear about on-line scams and I also wondered about why the price was less than many of the hundreds of cars that I had previously priced. After researching the dealership, (as it was nearly 1000 miles away), I called on April 22nd with a list of questions. George, the salesman, answered all my questions. Our communication after that was through emails. George was prompt in responding to my emails. He worked with me on the shipping costs, and it was much cheaper to ship than had I flown there. George also was willing to work with me on price. Did I have a reservation about not having seen the vehicle first? Sure, but I taken the time to do the research, and felt confident I would like it, and I was right. 15 days later, I got my car! I love it! Although I believe in shopping locally, there is not a Cadillac dealer in the area, nor was there one with a price as good as this one was!

Excellent service!!! Added bonus family owned

by from Blakesburg, IA |

I just purchased my Buick Enclave this morning. I had been working Rhyan the past few days on this vehicle. I lived 4 hours away and Rhyan was so kind to open up an hour early for me. He was AWESOME to work with it was like talking with one of my sons.. He showed me GREAT respect dealing with me I have run into some dealers that aren't as respectful they would ask to talk with my husband. My husband was there but he was talking with Rhyan's Dad. They never once asked to deal with husband. Rhyan had all the paperwork done when I got there and was out in less than an hour. It would have be sooner but also did some visiting..lol I would HIGHLY recommend this dealership to my family and friends.Thanks again for the GREAT service.

Great Experience

by from Emporia, KS |

We found the vehicle we were looking for online with low miles and everything we needed. They have a huge selection to choose from. From the time I called to see if the vehicle was still available to the time we stepped on the Nachbar Automotive lot, we were taken care of. My husband and I both said this was one of the best experiences in buying a vehicle. Kevin explained everything very thoroughly. Dennis took care of the paperwork in a quick time frame. We are enjoying our 2013 Traverse. We have shared with others and encouraged them to go to Nachbar Automotive when they want to purchase their next vehicle.

February 14, 2016

Thanks so much to the Langrens for your kind review.We want everyone that purchases a vehicle from Nachbar Automotive to feel like they got a fair deal and a enjoyable buying experience.We know how hard it is shopping on-line and getting a fair trade-in value. We hope that by being transparent in our pricing and with the trade evaluation that you will feel good about your experience and feel comfortable telling others about us. Thanks Kevin

Great car buying experience!

by from Topeka, Kansas |

I had been doing research on Ford Fusions for a couple months. I had paperwork everywhere with price comparisons from many different dealers. The Kansas City area (this is a pretty big range in and outside of KC) has one of the highest car dealership to population ratio in the country. That being said, I chose Nachbar Automotive over all others. I called inquiring about a 2014 Ford Fusion that I fell in love with. It had better features, better odometer miles, and a better price than all the other cars I had been pricing/looking at for 2 months. It did have some minor grill damage (very minor) but for the price and features, it still was by far the best deal out there and beyond the minor grill damage, was in pretty pristine condition. I called and spoke with Kevin (the owner). He was very friendly and stright-forward. No pressure sales and even gave me a rough price quote over the phone for my vehicle. The actual price I got was lower than he initially said on the phone, but my 2001 car of which I owned roughly 8 years (8 years from age 21-29 at that!) had a lot of "usage" that I couldn't exactly describe over the phone and I felt the price we decided on for my trade-in vehicle was pretty fair. I went down on a Saturday and brought my car to trade with me. I initially dealt with Kevin, which was a good experience, but was handed off to his son Ryan after I got back from my test drive (He let me take it to lunch since I hadn't eaten yet when I arrived.) Ryan was absolutely great to deal with. He was friendly, personable and I probably spent more time than I needed to at the dealership just shooting the breeze with him. If you want a friendly, family owned/oriented personable dealership, I would choose Nachbar Auto. They know how to pick the best cars and offer them for the best price. ***My bank quoted me at a 3.9 APR loan and Nachbar got me one for 3.1 APR. Granted this will all be based on your credit score and other factors, but they DID get my a lower rate than my credit union was going to give!

January 7, 2016

Shawn, Thank you very much for the great review. We are glad we served you well. Hope to do business with you again!

Great Experience

by from Iola,KS |

No haggle, no hassle. Best car buying experience we've ever had! Nice showroom. Car was as described on line. In and out in a couple hours! Would definitely deal with Nachbar again and recommend them to anyone looking to buy a new body style, low mileage vehicle.

September 4, 2015

Thanks so much for the kind review. We know what a fair price should be on our vehicle and we also know what a fair trade-in value should be. Rather than overprice our vehicle and then try to hold back on the trade-in is a failure process. We want to provide total transparency. Everything needs to be out in the open all the facts. I believe this to be the culture that we live in. Those dealers that choose the old way of doing business won't be able to survive going forward. Thanks again for your business and hope to see you again in the future. Kevin Nachbar

Nachbar Rocks!!

by from Kansas City, Missouri |

I looked around the Kansas City area for quite awhile for a good used VW Jetta. I struck gold when I found a low mileage 2007 Wolfsburg Jetta at Nachbar Automotive. The car was a great find, but even better was my discovery of an exceptional used car business such as Nachbar. From my initial contact with Ryan Nachbar to the purchase of the Jetta, he made the experience an exceptional one. He was honest, straightforward, and really cared that I was happy with my buying experience. The car needed a few repairs, and Ryan wouldn't let the car off the lot until everything was done to make make me happy with my purchase. He went out of his way to locate fair financing for me, and he kept me abreast of every other important matter related to my purchase. If you need a good used car, and buying cars has always before been a headache, please take my advice and give Nachbar a call. You will be very glad you did. I highly recommend the business and its sales staff, particularly Ryan, the Sales Manager!

February 14, 2016

Sorry it took so long to respond to your review. Hope your Jetta is doing well. We are trying to being fair and making the car buying as transparent as possible. Thanks Kevin

Great buying experience!

by from Topeka Ks |

We brought my sister in law , Gina, over to Nachbar from Topeka to look at a pre-owned Equinox. What a great facility with a whole lot full of quality vehicles and a modern, very cool showroom. Ryan let us test drive the Equinox and Gina loved it. It was priced right at blue book value and was immaculate. The good thing is, they don't let a vehicle leave the lot with anything wrong with it. Ryan did up the paperwork in less than an hour and we closed the deal and were on our way. Ryan is an outstanding young man and great to work with. Gina is thrilled with her vehicle. This is a family owned business and I would recommend it to anyone.

August 17, 2015

Thank you very much for the kind words. Hopefully we have this impression more often! We appreciate the business and hope everything works out in the future. Let us know if you need our help down the road. We would love the opportunity to build a quality relationship with every customer.

Great Experience!

by from Shawnee, KS |

If your looking for a luxury car, a kid's car, or anything else in transportation you must consider checking out Nachbar Automotive. Take Shawnee Mission Parkway and as you pass over Highway 7 you will see it on your left. The owners, Kevin and Mary Pat Nachbar, along with two of their 6 children operate it as a family business, along with several employees who have experience in the Automotive business. If you should happen to show up at lunchtime, you may even get to enjoy one of Mary Pat's scrumptious omelets! They are pretty darn good! After looking at several cars, we decided on a 2014 Buick Enclave with few miles, beautiful and loaded with more gadgets than we ever expected to have! It is a beauty and we love everything about it! Thanks to Nachbar Automotive we didn't have to do all of the foot work and hassling. It is a pleasure to deal with people you trust and with great character. Nachbar Automotive has lots of cars and new ones every day and nice people selling them. We had a great experience! West & Dolores Miller--Shawnee, KS

August 8, 2015

Thanks so much to the Miller's for such a kind review. If you are in the market for a specific vehicle like the Miller's please call me for a free consultation I can help you find the right vehicle . Thanks Kevin 913-333-1055.

Horrible Experience

by from Wichita, KS |

My experience with Nachbar started out really well. They wouldn?t move much on the price but I was still able to get them to come down a little bit. As I am signing the papers the sales guy says they would work with me since I wasn?t from the Shawnee area. Not a week after I purchase the vehicle two lights come on. It?s a $250 fix. They want me to drive 3 hours to have them fix it. I ask them if I can get it fixed here and have them reimburse me. They say no. I bring up what he said about working with me while I was signing the papers and the sales guy starts yelling at me and cussing at me. I get off the phone with him and 5 minutes later Kevin Nachbar calls me and starts lecturing me about how I have been treating this guy. It is pretty sad he had to have Kevin call and lecture me. After all this they promise to send me a check for part of the amount along with 2 key fobs they already owed me. 6 months later and I have never received these. Tons of emails to these guys. They say they are going to mail it and I never receive any of it. I later find out after I email the general Nachbar email that the sales guy actually blocked my email address. He said so in an email to me. He promised to send a photo of the check along with my key fobs. Never got anything. Avoid this dealership.

June 5, 2015

Sorry you had a bad experience. You bought an 80,000 mile Trailblazer that your brother came out and took a look at before you even came to take delivery. We held the car for a week and then you tried to come in and negotiate with us after already agreeing to a deal. We discounted the car to you to make you feel good, and that wasn't enough. You had the option to have the car inspected by your mechanic before taking delivery and you didn't do that. We offered an extended warranty to you and you declined. At that point you assume all risk with the transaction. I told you for 30 days we would help you if you had an issue as long as you bring the car to us. Why would I cover your car through your mechanic? Aren't mechanics in business to fix cars to make money? We already pay our technician and are not in the business of fixing our inventory through another shop. You understood at the time of purchase your responsibility and chose to move forward with the transaction. In the future, this could be resolved by an inspection by your mechanic before purchase and buying an extended warranty since you don't want to incur any extra expense on your car purchase.