Nachbar Automotive

6801 Hedge Lane Terrace, Shawnee, KS 66226

Used 888-668-5112

Innovative used car experience found only at Nachbar Automotive.

Pre-owned Wonderland

by from Lawrence KS |

I had been looking for an Acadia since January when I finally found Nachbar on the internet. I wish I would have found them sooner. They were about to close when we stopped by but Ryan went above and beyond to stay after hours and take care of us. They had a great selection of vehicles to choose from along with the knowledge to back those vehicles. I drove off with an awesome Acadia that happens to even be Jayhawk blue!!

June 5, 2015

Michelle, thank you so much for the positive feedback. We appreciate your business! Thanks, Ryan.

Great Experience

by from Iola,KS |

No haggle, no hassle. Best car buying experience we've ever had! Nice showroom. Car was as described on line. In and out in a couple hours! Would definitely deal with Nachbar again and recommend them to anyone looking to buy a new body style, low mileage vehicle.

Great buying experience!

by from Topeka Ks |

We brought my sister in law , Gina, over to Nachbar from Topeka to look at a pre-owned Equinox. What a great facility with a whole lot full of quality vehicles and a modern, very cool showroom. Ryan let us test drive the Equinox and Gina loved it. It was priced right at blue book value and was immaculate. The good thing is, they don't let a vehicle leave the lot with anything wrong with it. Ryan did up the paperwork in less than an hour and we closed the deal and were on our way. Ryan is an outstanding young man and great to work with. Gina is thrilled with her vehicle. This is a family owned business and I would recommend it to anyone.

August 17, 2015

Thank you very much for the kind words. Hopefully we have this impression more often! We appreciate the business and hope everything works out in the future. Let us know if you need our help down the road. We would love the opportunity to build a quality relationship with every customer.

Great Experience!

by from Shawnee, KS |

If your looking for a luxury car, a kid's car, or anything else in transportation you must consider checking out Nachbar Automotive. Take Shawnee Mission Parkway and as you pass over Highway 7 you will see it on your left. The owners, Kevin and Mary Pat Nachbar, along with two of their 6 children operate it as a family business, along with several employees who have experience in the Automotive business. If you should happen to show up at lunchtime, you may even get to enjoy one of Mary Pat's scrumptious omelets! They are pretty darn good! After looking at several cars, we decided on a 2014 Buick Enclave with few miles, beautiful and loaded with more gadgets than we ever expected to have! It is a beauty and we love everything about it! Thanks to Nachbar Automotive we didn't have to do all of the foot work and hassling. It is a pleasure to deal with people you trust and with great character. Nachbar Automotive has lots of cars and new ones every day and nice people selling them. We had a great experience! West & Dolores Miller--Shawnee, KS

August 8, 2015

Thanks so much to the Miller's for such a kind review. If you are in the market for a specific vehicle like the Miller's please call me for a free consultation I can help you find the right vehicle . Thanks Kevin 913-333-1055.

Horrible Experience

by from Wichita, KS |

My experience with Nachbar started out really well. They wouldn?t move much on the price but I was still able to get them to come down a little bit. As I am signing the papers the sales guy says they would work with me since I wasn?t from the Shawnee area. Not a week after I purchase the vehicle two lights come on. It?s a $250 fix. They want me to drive 3 hours to have them fix it. I ask them if I can get it fixed here and have them reimburse me. They say no. I bring up what he said about working with me while I was signing the papers and the sales guy starts yelling at me and cussing at me. I get off the phone with him and 5 minutes later Kevin Nachbar calls me and starts lecturing me about how I have been treating this guy. It is pretty sad he had to have Kevin call and lecture me. After all this they promise to send me a check for part of the amount along with 2 key fobs they already owed me. 6 months later and I have never received these. Tons of emails to these guys. They say they are going to mail it and I never receive any of it. I later find out after I email the general Nachbar email that the sales guy actually blocked my email address. He said so in an email to me. He promised to send a photo of the check along with my key fobs. Never got anything. Avoid this dealership.

June 5, 2015

Sorry you had a bad experience. You bought an 80,000 mile Trailblazer that your brother came out and took a look at before you even came to take delivery. We held the car for a week and then you tried to come in and negotiate with us after already agreeing to a deal. We discounted the car to you to make you feel good, and that wasn't enough. You had the option to have the car inspected by your mechanic before taking delivery and you didn't do that. We offered an extended warranty to you and you declined. At that point you assume all risk with the transaction. I told you for 30 days we would help you if you had an issue as long as you bring the car to us. Why would I cover your car through your mechanic? Aren't mechanics in business to fix cars to make money? We already pay our technician and are not in the business of fixing our inventory through another shop. You understood at the time of purchase your responsibility and chose to move forward with the transaction. In the future, this could be resolved by an inspection by your mechanic before purchase and buying an extended warranty since you don't want to incur any extra expense on your car purchase.

Good News / Bad News

by from Kansas City, MO 64151 |

I expressed an interest in a vehicle and received a call back. Sales staff was incredibly personable and seemed very interested in working with me. NO PRESSURE!! In checking with my mechanic, I needed some additional information and . . . once again . . . they were extremely accommodating. Here's where it gets interesting. Checked with my credit union regarding financing and they indicated that they thought it was overpriced. I called Nachbar back and they adjusted the price!! Bottom line . . . I ended up not getting the car, but I would not hesitate in the least, doing business with these folks.

June 5, 2015

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We are in business to do the right thing.

QUALITY, QUALITY, AND QUALITY

by from Blue Springs MO |

A truely a mon and pop operation. The father make sure that they have quality cars, the son is the sales manager and he keep track of the great salesman.The daughter does the paper work. We purchased a cadillac srx for my wife about two weeks ago. The experience was great. The price was fair.The car was in great shape. And they gave us a fair price on our trade in. I would and will recommend the dealership to anyone, and I'll be back when I buy my next car.

February 17, 2015

Dennis, We really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We are glad you are pleased with your purchase and the quality of service you received. Our goal is to make our customers happy and willing to come back and see us again. Enjoy your new SRX and please let us know if we can do anything else for you in the future! Thanks again, Kevin Nachbar

Happy with our purchase

by from Fort Scott, KS |

We had been watching online for a new "used" van for several months and finally came upon a couple we were interested in - one at Nachbar Automotive, which is a couple of hours from our home. We made the trek, were very happy with the looks of the lot as we were pulling in the driveway - cars look new, a very well-kept dealership. Definitely a family atmosphere. It was all pretty simple since we knew what we were looking for. They didn't complicate the deal with a bunch of that silly sales talk - it was a simple transaction, courteous and professional. Vehicles are priced fairly here, and don't expect a lot of negotiation. They're not way out of line in pricing to begin with. Must say this dealership is heads above many others - cars are of higher quality. They don't purchase junk and try to pawn it off on you. They purchase quality vehicles and it is obvious when you are there. We are very happy with our van and will definitely go back next time we are in the market for a vehicle.

January 20, 2015

Pamela, Thanks so much for the kind review of our dealership.By providing greater transparency in pricing with honest and relevant information, the buyer is given a peace of mind that the vehicle that we are offering is priced fairly. In today's world, people want information that is accurate and helpful so they can make an educated decision from their home or office, rather than needing to go dealership to dealership. We are pleased you found this environment at Nachbar Automotive and hope to see you again in the future! Thanks, Kevin Nachbar

Excellent experience!

by from Hiawatha, KS |

I normally dread the entire car buying process; however, Nachbar Automotive made the process as easy as possible. After trading a few emails with Kevin (I live about 2 hours away from the dealership), we visited the dealership to actually view the car we were interested in. Once we arrived, we received absolutely no high pressure sales tactics and Kevin simply answered our questions. When it came to discuss the trade in value of our other vehicle, Kevin quoted us a bid. While we wished it would have been higher, we were told what was necessary to make it ready for the lot, as well as the cost of the necessary repairs. I had already done the research on the repair costs, and they were spot on (if not a little lower). Kevin went on to say what they would ask for it once on the lot. The difference being their profit, which was actually lower than I expected. Once we arrived at an agreed upon trade difference, the rest of the transaction took less than 30 minutes. There was absolutely no hassle about extended warranties, special financing, etc. Out of curiosity, I checked the website to see what my trade in was being priced at. I have to say I was surprised the asking price was exactly what Kevin said he'd ask during our negotiations. I feel that alone says a lot about his integrity. Overall, I'd have to say this is one of the best car buying experiences I have ever had. I appreciated the fact it was low pressure and they simply answered the questions I had for them. I also appreciated the fact they price their vehicles realistically, without all the haggling. Don't expect to "talk them down" a bunch from the asking price, as they typically price the vehicles fairly to begin with. I will definitely be calling Kevin the next time I'm looking for another vehicle.

November 12, 2014

Erik, Thanks for taking the time to give Nachbar Automotive such a great review. I know it takes time and is greatly appreciated.As a result of new technologies we can see with a high degree of precision of where vehicles are transacting at on the internet. We want to provide total transparency & relevant information in real time that to me is the culture that we live in.No gray sells vehicles quickly. Thanks, Kevin

Not impressed!

by from Overland Park, KS. |

Well to begin with this was a pretty nice looking dealership and the people we met came across as friendly. We went in to look at a 3yr old Tahoe that had low mileage but priced pretty similar to what a '15 Tahoe LT would cost, so we figured there was some wiggle room but this is where Mr. Nachbar, I guess, became offended and tossed my keys back across his desk and made the snippy comment, "I guess this is where the rubber meets the road!" We like the fact this is a family owned dealer and the cars they offer seem pretty clean but outside of that it still reminded me why I will not be buying a used car from an independent dealer! If you're willing to pay the price as displayed you will leave happy, but if you don't... I'm sure they will let you know. Good luck!

November 12, 2014

Grant, Sorry you feel that way I must of had a bad day but that is no excuse. I know that all of our vehicles are very fairly priced. We could not stay in business pricing 3 year old vehicles close to the same price as a new one. Not sure if you new that why you even came in to begin with. We try to be totally transparent & relevant in our pricing upfront so as not to waste anybody's time. Sorry for the way I reacted to your offer. Kevin

very knowledgeable

by from Olathe, Ks |

I was very impressed by their professionalism. Their prices were not inflated like most dealerships.

November 12, 2014

Thanks so much for the kind review. We hope that the vehicle gives you many years of great service. Thanks, Kevin