Route 1 Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

2700 Brunswick Pike, Lawrence Township, NJ 08648

New 888-431-4251
Used 888-431-0226
Service 888-431-6684

A first-class customer service experience awaits you at Route1 CDJR...

Great SERVICE

by from trenton, n.j. |

I was very pleased with the treatment I received when I had my vehicle serviced, I was very impessed with James Brennans' service. I would recommend this dealership to anyone that is looking for a vehicle. The atmosphere in this dealership was very professional as well as pleasant.s

October 2, 2014

Thanks so much for the review, Thelma! If you need anything else, let us know.

Poor - Scheduling a service appointment

by from Piscataway, NJ |

Tried Calling them to schedule an appointment regarding Fuel Pump Safety recall notice from FCA. i was on Hold for about 25 minutes. I hung up as I didn't want to wait more to schedule an appointment.

August 25, 2015

Pic Sr, As a business, we obviously want to quickly and effectively assist every customer, but it sounds like there was a failure on our end. Please call me at 609.882.1000 x1025 so that we can help you with your vehicle and make up for the inconvenience. Thank you. -Don Newberry!

WORST SERVICE DEPARTMENT AVOID GOING THERE!!

by from Hamilton |

I have had SEVERAL bad experiences with the service department at Route 1. Experiences range from oily boot print on my carpet in a newly purchased vehicle to dirty hand prints all over the console and headliner. The only reason I go back is the factory recalls and this is the only dealer in the area. My latest experience was I was off of work and figured I'd get the three factory recalls taken care of. I arrive at Route 1 Dodge at 10:45 am but I don't get acknowledged by any of the service people until 11:00am. I tell them about the recalls on my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. My vehicle also needed an oil change so I rolled the dice again. According to the recall notices my recalls could be done in less than an hour. Well at 12:30 I walk to the counter to ask how much longer it will be this is where the comedy show started...no one will ask me if I needed help the just worked so hard not to make eye contact I guess figuring I would go away. So I play along and stand there. 20 minutes later a different gentleman asked if anyone was helping me I said no we must be having a Spanish standoff. He then spoke to the counter person and said my vehicle was just pulled into garage so I gave him my phone number and took a walk to get something to eat. I figured by the time I got back it would be ready. Surprise it wasn't ready now it's almost 2pm. At 3pm the cashier noticed I and several other customers were there for quite some time and began to investigate the delays. She came back and said someone will be out to speak to me well it's 4pm and no one spoke to me and I took a walk to the counter again where the Spanish standoff game was still being played so I loudly asked if anyone could help me again I was told the vehicle will be done in 20 minutes. Well one hour later I got the 10 more minutes....30 minutes later I got the 10 more minutes again I finally asked the counter person to please stop lying to me and just surrender my vehicle. Finally at 630 pm I got my oily, dirty vehicle back (note that's not how I gave it to them) and spoke to the service attendant that I will not be coming back and I will be sending negative reviews on this horrible service department, he looked at me and said ok. I found another dodge dealer over the bridge so that's where I will be going for recalls from now on.

Not recommended, after sales service is terrible

by from Trenton,NJ |

Do not go here. They don't car once the car is sold. I have a 2015 Renegade which was bought brand new. The wind noise is very bad and it howls all the time. They cannot fix it, and won't give me a refund. They don't return calls and almost everyone is rude.

May 15, 2015

Dear Codev, We are sorry that you had a less than favourable experience after purchasing your new Renegade here at Route 1 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram of Lawrenceville. Getting a new vehicle is supposed to be a fun and exciting experience, and we understand why you would be frustrated. After assessing your vehicle, our service department escalated your case to Chrysler corporate, who came to our store yesterday (05/14/15). As I understand from our service department, your Renegade has been repaired, and you are planning to pick it up today. We are sorry that the process took as long as it did, and we hope you enjoy your Renegade for many years. Thank you. -Don Newberry!

I regret not to read the google review.

by from Princeton NJ |

My grand cherokee had the check engine light on. At the inspection, they said that the broken tab of the idle air control connector was the reason. After replacng the connecor, they said that the idle contrl valve had to be replaced. When the new valve installed, they said that the PCM bad. The checking fee is 115 dollars. Can they perform the diagnosis right? I doubt it. Can they repair a car? If you are lucky... Before their reparations, the light is the only problem. After they did something,the idle speed is 2000 RPM.

May 15, 2015

Hi, Paul. We are sorry that you are disappointed with the service you received here at Route 1 Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Lawrenceville. I have attempted to gather information about your case, but I don't have enough information. We would like the opportunity to correct the situation, but we do not know how to contact you. Please call me at 609.882.1000 x1025, or email me at dnewberry@route1usa.com so that we can help you. Thank you. I'm looking forward to hearing from you. -Don Newberry!

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!!!

by from wilmington , Delaware |

Dont believe anything they say, I was driving 11/2 to look at a car so i call first & talk to Don, I ask him to please walk around car & tell me if it has scratches, dings, dents, ect, He calls me back & tells me it has one 4inch on the hood, ok ... im on my way. After driving over an hour i get there & the car is all scratched up with multiple touched up dents, Not sure what car he looked at before he called me back, did he not think i was gonna see all of them? So i go inside to talk to him & he is on the phone, another salesman sitting at a desk playing Candy Crush on his phone( Dimitrie) asked if he can help, when i explained to him what happened, he had nothing but an attitude, Definetly no professionals here!!

April 25, 2015

Hi. This is Don, and I remember speaking with you. I am sorry that your experience here did not live up to your expectations. I inspected the interior and exterior of the vehicle for which you expressed interest. Then I called you and told you that there were a few minor scratches, as well as a 4-inch scratch on the hood and a scratch on the left front fender. At your request, I took two pictures, in addition to the 30 images that we have on our website at www.route1usa.com, and sent them to your phone. I mention this because we try to do everything possible to give our customers (especially those who travel hours to give us their business) a pleasant experience, which includes providing all the information necessary to make an informed decision. That is also why we 1) will not sell you a pre-owned vehicle without you signing a Certified CarFax report, and 2) guarantee that your vehicle will pass your state's safety inspection. Again, I am truly sorry that you were disappointed, and I want to assure you that there was no ill-intent on our part. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns. Sincerely, Don Newberry! 609.882.1000

Amazing Serivce!

by from morrisville pa 153 n delmorr ave |

great service great staff work with me very happy. Go see Mike DeJesus he is the best!

October 14, 2014

Thank you for the review!

Worst Sales Experiance Ever Encountered

by from Malvern Pa |

I found a vehicle on online and emailed them about it.I was replied back the vehicle is still available. I call back at 1130am and spoke to sales rep Gary,The car is still here. Great,I will give you my credit card for a deposit to hold it. I will be in right after work.Salesman Gary replies no need for a deposit I will hold the vehicle for you.Ok,are you sure I reply..No problem he replies.I call right after work to tell Gary I am on my way ,he states all is good. I drive an hour & 45 minutes to the dealership, see the vehicle out front with a flag on it. Oh great,they got it waiting for me. I arrive in show room and greeted by a salesman,state who I am and the vehicle I am here for. The salesman states that car just got sold ten minutes ago to those people in that office. Talk about fuming out of my ears.Sales manager gets involved and states sorry about that.Where's Gary at I reply. He greets me with a handshake and a smile and has no idea the car he was supposed to hold for me is being sold out from under him and me by another sales person.Talk about incompetence. Then the owner comes over to me to apologize and states they dont take deposits or hold cars because people sometimes realize thats not the car they want. Are you kidding me I said.I emailed your dealership,called two times to confirm the vehicle.You should be apologizing to those people telling them is was sold prior to me..He states to me you know how car dealers work. I do know how car dealers work. This is not how you handle a pending sale. I was so mad talking to the owner, his reply to me was he would give me gas money for the inconvience of driving there. Well that was the the most pathetic remark I've ever heard especially from an owner of 5 dealerships. The blind leading the blind. Don't waste your time there. Charlie C

Success!

by from Lawrenceville, NJ |

I referred my nephew Horace for a used car. He was a first-time buyer and Horace skillfully guided him through the purchase. The deal was done in 4 hrs. In one day my nephew got his license and first car. Thank-you Horace.

April 25, 2015

Thank you for your kind words. Horace has quite a customer following, and now you know why! Thanks again. -Don Newberry!

Totally New Dealer!

by from Hamilton, NJ |

When I came to Route 1 I was skeptical at first. Dealing with the previous owner of the dealer I swore I would never return, Horrible service department and just attitude in general. But after meeting Salesman Mike Dejesus he showed me that the custumer does come first. His hard work in making my purchase work showed me that Route 1 is definately changing for the better. I highly recommend them for your next Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-RAM purchase!!

April 25, 2015

Thank you for giving us a chance, especially considering your past experience with the previous company. Don't forget that we will send you a generous gift every time one of your referrals purchases here at Route 1 CDJR. Thanks again. -Don Newberry!

Great Experience

by from Lawrenceville, NJ |

Bought my 2014 Jeep Wrangler from here and could not be happier! Jacqueline Stanton, my salesperson helped me with everything and got me he the exact Jeep I wanted. Hot off the production line and tweaked just right.