Patrick Hyundai

1020 E Golf Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60173

New 877-468-3028
Used 877-500-0857
Service 888-461-3106

Patrick Hyundai takes advantage of you!

by from Schaumburg, IL |

When I purchased my car I was told spare tire kits no longer come with Hyundai cars, "Tire Mobility Kits" are provided in their place. I stupidly believed that because I was not given the option to purchase the spare tire. I was told when if I get a flat tire to call "Hyundai Assistance". I bought my car from Rosen Hyundai in Algonquin. On Tuesday, I got a flat tire. I called Hyundai Assistance and they said a tow would be there in an 1 hour to bring me to the closest Hyundai dealership. Patrick Hyundai was less than 5 miles away from where I was pulled over. I ended up waiting 4 hours total for a tow. It really should not have been such an ordeal for a flat tire. I would have rather changed it myself. I'm glad I was not stuck in a dangerous or deserted area. The "Tire Mobility Kit" does not really do good when you have a giant tear in a tire. Finally when arriving to Patrick Hyundai, I told them I waited 4 hours for a tow and no apology was given. I understand Hyundai Assistance is a program, however the dealership represents Hyundai, it would have been nice to have some good customer service. I was then given a price of $185 for a new tire with an additional $30.00 charge for install. My car is under 26k and 2 years old, with the thin, standard tires they put on the car, I was already considering purchasing better tires in the fall. I'm not going to pay $185.00 for a tire that barely holds up for 26k miles. I asked for the sku # for the tire. The clerk reluctantly went and got the number for me. I looked the tire up online and there were three different tire suppliers that had the tire listed for $120.00. I was already stressed out from missing work and waiting 4 hours for "Hyundai Assistance" to pull through and now I was being taken advantage of. I showed the clerk the price of the tire online and he said he "had to go check with the parts dept". He came back and offered 165.00 for the tire.... Not including install this is already way over the list prices online. I told him I was clearly being ripped off here...I'm tired, I won't be using Hyundai services anymore here, get it down to at least $160.00. He tired to argue with me and said it was not possible, the dealership was going to lose money, the parts department was not going to go for it. I told him it's $5.00 bucks go check. He "checked" coming back within 10 seconds and said he could do $160.00. When my car was finished he told me he took an "additional $20.00 off". I thought they couldn't do lower? There is also $2.50 service charges not previously discussed in two separate locations on the bill. I am not the type of person to write bad reviews however I felt extremely taken advantage of by Patrick Hyundai when I was in a vulnerable position. If I had to do it again, I would have taken the tow to the dealership and drove on my rim with my flat tire to discount tires down the street. I am never ever using Hyundai service again.

bad experience

by from chicago illinois |

This is the worst place you can expect to buy a car. I saw a car in their website (a honda CRV) and I called the same day it was a saturday they told me the car is in their showroom and I wrote an email to schedule an appointment for Monday. On Monday before leaving my home a called again to confirm if the car still available because I'll drive for 30 miles and I was told that the car is there and a salesman will wait for me so I'll do a test drive. I was in their premisses when Iggot aconfirmation email from Zach Blang confirming my appointment. I walked in to their showroom and met a salesperson and when I told him the rreason of my visit he said that he will help me. I gave him the description of the car I wanted and he shows me the car in their website. He took my drivers license and make me wait but whenhe came back around 20mn later he told me that the car is not there I have to come back on Wednesday or if I want to look for another car he will help me I just said no I was very disappointed and walked away . I will not recommend this dealer to anyone. Worst place ever.

Excellent Unplanned Service

by from Elgin, IL |

I called Gus at 10:20 am (from home) about a windshield washer issue. I was able to bring my car in 'asap' and was there by 11 am. What I thought was a minor issue turned into needing the windshield washer part replaced. I was on my way home by 12:15 pm. I appreciated the way the mechanic diagnosed the issue and made sure the problem was solved! I also appreciate that Gus takes care to assure his customers are satisfied.

Review

by from Mount Prospect, Il |

Alex B. Was thorough, smart, very helpful, friendly - he made the whole process of buying a new car great. Went above and beyond w/patience, knowing exactly what I wanted!

Quick efficient service

by from Chicago, IL |

I came in for service and tech was quick, pleasant and truthful with the wait time for my service.

Arlene's experience

by from Elmhurst |

Purchase went great. Salesman was entertaining and great to deal with.

Excellent buying experience

by from Schererville, IN |

I purchased a new car through the Internet department and was very pleased with the process. It was nice to know what I would be paying before I walked though the door. I also wasn't hassled to purchase any extras or buy a more expensive vehicle.

Good Experience

by from Palatine, IL |

As always the service and staff were outstanding. I will continue to purchase and service my vehicles at Patrick Hyundai.

Replacement of recalled part - oil change

by from Schaumburg, IL |

Came in to have a recalled part replaced and oil change. Part was not in stock, flying through them due to recall, they apologized for that, ordered the part and will infomr me when it is in. They also went ahead and did the oil change for free. Very pleased with the service and courtesy of all the service people involved. Been treated the same eery time I have brought my car in for service.

Recall

by from Elk Grove Village, IL |

Good quality service. Gus was very helpful and answered all questions.