Rockland Nissan

608 Rte 303, Blauvelt, NY 10913

New 888-318-3508
Used 888-318-2471
Service 888-318-5102

Rock solid deals every day!

Bad (not terrible), but a big waste of time

by from Mahwah, NJ |

I'm in the process of purchasing a car for my mother, who has a limited budget . I called this dealership yesterday and spoke to a friendly woman named Tiffany. I explained her the budget of maximum 17-18k, and the type of car we were looking for (AWD, Rogue, 35K or less miles, 2012-2011). She went through her inventory list, and confirmed that there were "several" vehicles on the lots that matched this criteria. When I asked her specifics, she reiterated that there were many Rogues that matched, and urged me to make an appointment for that evening with the Sales Manager Larry Friedman, and they would have them ready for us to look at. When I got the Dealership slightly after 7, the reception was not rude, but not welcoming, more a cold sterile feeling. I would urge the sales force to smile more, especially the large bald gentleman behind the desk. We waited for Larry who came over after a few minutes, and then passed us off to another salesman, Dave. Dave was given our criteria list at that moment, so there was no possibility for preparation....great. Dave looked over the sheet, walked us out and said he had ONE 2011 Rogue that fit what we were looking for. I questioned him about Tiffany's claim of several 2012 &2011, and his response was "we had a 2012 that was sold a few days ago". I asked why would Tiffany would make a false claim and his next response was "I don't know who TIffany is, I've never met her". The ONE car he should us was DISGUSTING! Reaked of smoke, all the seats were stained with huge coffee marks, and the interior floor was ripped... I'm not sure what kind Nissan has for their Pre-Owned Certification process, but this was joke! I've owned several GM certified preowned vehicles, and never been shown such a poor example before. It was honestly an insulting experience. To be fair Dave was a nice guy, but I was a little disappointed he didn't come up with any other realistic options for us (Juke/Altima/etc). He did call me today with theses options, but as they say, too little too late. Larry Friedman, also left me a message today to ask for feedback about my experience. I tried calling him back at 5:30, but he was gone. Overall, I felt lied to by Tiffany, unwelcome when I entered, insulted by my ONE option, and upset that my time wasted. I'm not interested in wasting anyone's time, especially my own. These to be less nonchalant and a little more serious about doing business. It's a shame because we are serious buyers.

Poor Customer Service

by from New York |

Went to this dealer to inquire about a car, spoke to finance person and he tooted his own horn about getting me financing and being the best in the business. Told us he would call us back the next day when everything was done and we never heard from again even tried to call still got run around. If there was an issue then call and tell the customer, leaving them hanging with no explanation is poor customer service.