1001 S. Milwaukee, Libertyville, IL 60048

Used 888-574-9233
Service 888-279-2464

Great buying experience

by from Libertyville, IL |

I was in to look at a car and had quite a unique situation. This dealership handled my situation and myself so very professional. I was always under the impression that I would be taken care of and taken care of well beyond my expectations indeed was the case. I was certainly a very happy customer. The sales man, and managers were great! I thank them all so very much. I will certainly, no doubt, be back to buy my next car here at Libertyville Chevrolet. Thank you all so much!!

NO FOLLOW-THROUGH

by from Chicago, IL |

I Bought my car from this place. The buying experience was fine and my car runs very well. I got a package for 2yrs free oil change. Upon getting my 1st oil change, I was told that only the 1st one was free, even though I asked about the 2 free yrs twice. I faithfully got my maintenance done at the dealership. I went in for an oil change one month after the 2yr mark. The service guy ran my information through the system and I was casually told that my 2yr free oil change had expired. WHAT??!?!?! They check warranties and packages EVERY time a car is brought in for service. You expect me to believe that this service guy was the only one who saw that I was supposed to be getting free oil changes for 2 years??? I was then told there was nothing they could do. They couldn?t refund my money from the past 2 yrs, even though payment was clearly recorded. They also would not extend the package to the next 2 yrs. No apology, no nothing. After throwing a complete fit the service manager said he would see what he could do. I even had to pay for the oil change THAT DAY! The manager NEVER called me back; I could NEVER get him on the phone. After 2 wks, I had to go out of my way, to the dealership and stand in front of his desk. ?Suddenly? he had instant information for me. He emailed GM, and GM didn?t respond. So the only thing the owner would offer is giving me 4 yrs of every other oil change being free, in order to force me to go to this dealership for the next 4yrs. Now, every time I go, I have to re-explain this to whatever service guy I get, because they still haven?t put this ?Special Note? in my file that THEY SCREWED UP!!!!! So now I look like someone who just trying to get free oil changes. Plus it adds 20 extra minutes of me waiting for them to try and figure out what?s going on. Every single time they say they?ll call me to let me know how this is going to be handled from now on, and they NEVER do, they?ve NEVER ONCE called me for any type of update. The only reason I have 1 star is because the men are always very nice, but niceness doesn?t count for much when you don?t honor your word. If you buy a car from this place, and they dangle a service package in front of you, make SURE you have the guy write down, in layman?s terms, EXACTLY what your warranties and packages cover. Then have him SIGN it, and stuff it in the glove compartment and pull it out whenever you have a discrepancy. Don?t let them touch your car. DON?T SETTLE FOR THE SERVICE MANAGER!!! Make them bring the man out of the show room and into the repair shop if you have to, and have him fully explain it. Or else, like me, you might have to fight tooth and nail for only half of what you signed up for!

great buying experience

by from chicago il |

THOMAS N. CHICAGO IL My experience was very enjoyable and easy going, my salesman Tim Enzenbacher was great!!!!! He tried very hard to help me given my situation and seemed to actually care about helping me get a car tho its his job to sell. He made my experience more then him just trying to make the sale, which made it feel more genuine and more then a business for him. I would definitely come back to the dealer to purchase another car, and would looking forward in working with Tim Enzenbacher again........Thank-you

Best car buying experience!

by from Highland park, il |

This would be the 4th or 5th store we've been into a dealership this month and it's the same thing over and over again, either they don't have the car, or the car we came to see had some unwanted equipment and force you to buy it. Tim helped us throughout and was very thorough, he couldn't get us the price we wanted, but gave us more for our trade than we expected and after the time he and his manger put in, we wanted to buy from him. The only question was financing which can be rough process, Rob Punzalan, the finance mgr who finalized our paperwork couldn't have made it anymore easier, he was competitive on the APR, we upgraded the warranty and the signing began. When we were done, he wrote his contact numbers and one of the phone numbers he gave us was his personal mobile numbers too, And welcomed us to call him should we need any help in the future with anything.. Iam in sales too, and I don't give out my personal phone #!! Everyone was great and I will be recommending this dealership!

by from Libertyville, IL |

I had a broken down car that I bought from ROCKENBACK/ and Libertyville Chevrolet in Libertyville IL gave me an excellent trade in, MORE than what my car was worth (not even running), put me in a brand new Cruise for about the same low payment I was making, WITH a MUCH BETTER INTEREST RATE!!! The customer service was AWESOME! The finance manager only pulled my credit twice, got me right where I needed to be. I LOVE THESE GUYS! Now I'm riding in style with the best car in town. THANK YOU MARIO!! Mario is an easy going sales person who lets the car sell itself. NO PRESSURE HERE. I would recommend this dealership to everyone looking for a much better car and a much better deal.

Great Experience except for the wait

by from Rockford, IL |

I would definitely buy from Libertyville Chevrolet again, but never again on a Saturday. The place was very busy, not enough sales people for the amount of customers. The process went very smoothly until the financing portion, and the wait began. Customer Service was excellent, facilities are very nice. Rate of financing topped my preapproved rate from my local credit union, so I decided to finance through them. Total time at dealership was 5 hours, with at least 3 of those hours sitting and waiting after the deal was done. It was worth it, got a great van for a great price. There is a reason this dealership is so busy, I highly recommend them.

Be very wary

by from Palatine |

Got a quote from their online IT people. Very good price. Verified from the online people that the quote they gave me was correct. They responded that the Manager said it was a correct price. Drove 30 minutes to talk to a salesman, he quoted thousands more. I asked to talk to the manager. After showing the email with the price he says that the online dept. always makes mistakes and he would not honor the price they quoted. Total bait and switch.

Hate this dealership

by from mundelein |

I bought a brand new chevrolet cruze from this dealership. From browsing, test driving and finance the people were so rude. When I told them I didn't like the color options, i was met with rudeness. I will never buy from here ever again!

Good Service Dept

by from Highland Park, IL |

Basic stuff, oil change and tire rotation, but they were fast, did it in the time they told us, and didn't try to sell us more stuff. Nice service dept.