Best Auto Outlet

Best Auto Outlet

239-50 Jericho Turnpike, Floral Park, NY 11001

New 888-231-7651
Used 888-231-7953

Shady dealership, 3K in fees, ridiculous!

by from Suffolk County, NY |

I came into this dealership because I saw an ad online for a certain price. I came in and spoke with Rodney and he was polite BUT almost every question I had about the car he had no clue about. He acted like he knew nothing but I knew it was a bluff. The car was nice, I test drove it and we sat down, I put down a $1000 deposit and negotiated price and repairs because the car needed a few things done. They had a prep fee for $595 (even though the car needed a brand new radio and BMW emblem) and a $395 delivery fee (mind you delivery fee for what, this car is a used car) But anyway after a few days going back and fourth trying to put the financing through because I was financing through them, the total purchase price came up to $16000 (with all fees and taxes included) $4000 off the price I saw online, whaaaat? After looking over the contract and speaking with the FM, Glen, he couldn't even EXPLAIN all the fees, he was stumbling on the numbers and would have to start over on the calculator several times because he had no clue what he was saying. After messing up and admitting to some fees that were being charged, this dealership was charging me about $3000 in fees. There was a $600 bank fee, $950 acquisition fee (this fee is applied to LEASED vehicles, not used cars), Delivery and prep fees combining into $990 plus $650 more in fees that weren't specific enough to understand what they were for? They would NOT budge on the price, I ended up walking out twice and both times the FM ended up chasing after us (me and mom). We went in for the last time and they took off $600 but it was not enough. The sketchiness of this place was just off the charts and the fact that they are charging these ridiculous fees is unbelievable. Someone dumb would've fell for this "deal" but if your smart make sure you KNOW WHAT EACH FEE IS FOR and WHY THE PRICE IS THAT PRICE. Very sketchy dealership, if you see a price online for a vehicle from them, expect to pay much more in fees. Also, I requested a refund about 8 days ago which they promised was 100% refundable and also said would clear on my credit card within 72 hours, called up my credit card company and said there was no credit pending, so I'm still waiting for my $1000 deposit.

its a faker

by from New York |

Isnt it nice when they have the nerve to put positive reviews of themselves up -its not going to work cause as soon as people see what kind of business you are running they will go somewhere else.Clean up your act

September 10, 2014

Just to assure you lourdesita you can call customer service at cars.com or any other website we associate with and ask them about this yourself but just to let you know we are not allowed to write reviews for ourselves and we are blocked to do so through our servers. Also after experiences we do ask our customers to write us a reviews before they leave after purchasing. There is a possibility you are a competitor and that's okay wish you the best. Have a great day!

2k in Hidden Fees, Pressure Tactics, the works

by from NYC New York |

They added on over 2k in hidden fees after we settled on a price. Didn't even explain it, just handed me the contract to sign with a whole bunch of new prep, dealer, internet fees, and hoped I wouldn't notice. They were also totally inflexible in terms of working with me to fix some issues with the car. And their sales tactics were to basically start belittling my trade-in from the moment I walked in the door. There are no free lunches, and if the advertised price you see online looks too good to be true, that's because it isn't true. Given how they handle sales, I also wouldn't trust them for service. So if you buy a car from them and have a problem within the Lemon Law warranty period, I would fully expect them to try and fix it with duct tape and bubble gum and then stall you until you get frustrated and go away.

Great experience.

by from Carle Place, NY |

Excellent attention by the salesperson and the rest of the staff. Overall, a great experience!

August 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! Hope you are enjoying the car as much as we enjoyed doing business with you. Have a blessed day! -Thank you for your review from the staff of Best Auto Outlet!

Top Notch Service

by from Queens, NY |

I highly recommend because the service is top notch. The staff treats you with so much respect. They help you through the whole process and I have already told many of my relatives to check it out!

Great Selection, Low Prices

by from Queens, NY |

Great selection of cars and the prices are very low. Very nice people and honest. Bought a c300 and the car is great.

Great financing and great help!

by from Garden City, NY |

I purchased an 09 BMW 335 convertible back in January. This is the second car I've purchased from Best Auto Outlet. I found them to be very helpful and courteous. The finance manager - Glen - got me a better rate on financing than I could get on my own.

Misleading, Dishonest and Unethical Dealership

by from Floral Park |

I had the worst experience at this dealership. First, the price advertised on the internet is not the real price. When you get there, the sticker price on the window is many thousands more than the internet price, and you have to negotiate it back down to the internet price. In our case, we agreed on a price with the salesperson and agreed to come back the next day with our insurance information and a certified check to sign the deal, However, the price that we agreed upon with the salesperson was not honored by the GM the next day when we came back to finalize the paperwork. Imagine taking off another afternoon of work, going to the bank to get a certified check, getting back to the dealer the next day, calling insurance to get the new card sent over and waiting around two hours for them to process the deal only to find out that they are charging you more. Total waste of my time. What's worse is that initially, they didn't even tell us that they were adding an addittional $895 to the price. We only figured it out when we broke down the numbers in the contract they put in front of us because the total just seemed too high. First, they tried to say it was just the sales taxes but we figured out that there was too much money for it to just be sales tax. When confronted, they admitted that they were charging us an additional $895 as an "aquisition fee," something the salesperson never disclosed or discussed with us previously. In fact, when I confronted the finance person, he pretended to call the GM about it. I asked to speak with the GM and he said that I couldn't. I asked for the GMs contact infromation and the finance person admitted that he was the GM and that he had a fake phone conversation with himself because "its easier to tell customers that I am not the GM." Really - this grown man had a fake conversation with himself to make it look like he was an innocent bystander when he was part of the entire scheme. Another salesman inserted himself into the situation and then tried to tell us that the fee was a fee imposed by the bank for the loan, something that is utterly false. When I demanded that they sell me the car at the price I agreed to with the salesperson the day before, they refused.. I ended up having to walk away from the deal having wasted two days of my time. In the meantime, they had access my social security number, my insurance information and my financial details. I made them give me back all of the papers in the file but I am uneasy about that. Less importent but relevant to this review is the fact that the place is a dump. The salespeople look like they just rolled out of bed and the waiting room and the bathrooms are a disgrace. I was willing to overlook those details to get a good price on the car, but if it looks like like a second rate dealership, youre probably getting poor service. I can only wonder how many other people they have done this too in the past and gotten away with it. You have to read everything carefully and you have to insist that they break down the amounts in final contract before you sign it to see if there are additional fees that they are adding to your final price. You also have to be prepared to just walk away when you know they're just not being honest with you.. I would never purchase a vehicle from this dealer or recommend it to a friend.

Great Customer Service!

by from Bridgewater, NJ |

I recently purchased a Mazda6 from here, it couldn't have been an easier process. My sales person was rodney he gave me a price that was sevral thousand dollars less than the original price and no other dealership that I looked at could beat that. I did a credit app over the phone and in less than 45 minutes I had me new used car. The experience was of great quality because they are all so nice and they let you go into their break room and take a soda or get some coffee even make soup they just treat you with so much respect and I love that, I also recommend best auto outlet to my uncle and brother in law.

September 10, 2014

Thank you so much for your review we really do appreciate it. We also thank you for the recommendations. Hope you enjoyed the soup, soda or coffee! Please come back anytime Derick.

unethical staff and false advertising

by from Boston , ma. |

I went with cash to buy a car and the staff kept insisting for me to finance with them.... after telling them over and over that I wanted to pay cash they increased the price by $2000 and didn't want to honor the price on the internet... If you are reading this please run away and run fast.... these people have no customer service skills and they are out to get the most money from you as they can. They are crooks and very unethical