Hassett of Wantagh

New 888-269-6889
Used 888-626-9857
Service 888-621-6806

Hassett Has It!

treated well after the sale

by from DEER PARK NY |

just wanted to say that after the sale of my explorer phil my salesman delivered as promised.he called me to check on me and i also went back to him to go over the options in my truck that i forgot how to use.just wanted to say thanks.

false advertising

by from Long Island NY |

I saw a car with 41,000 miles online and I made an offer. I received a phone call from the dealer, saying that they can work to get the price I wanted. I went to the dealership the car had 60,250 miles on it. When I said something the guy said that I was getting a great deal still with the 20 thousand more miles. When you think of a weaselly car salesman he hits the nail on the head. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go there

Hassett of Wantagh responded to this review

September 1, 2014

Hi Mr.D,my name is Sal Rivela pre owned manager at Hassett.Iam sorry you feel that way,as you know we did not intend to mislead anyone or bait and switch anyone.I know what happened in this situation and so did you.You did call us and we did meet your price and you did leave us a deposit.I understand that the car did say it had 40,000 miles on it on the internet and then when you went home that night it showed 60k on your buyers order.You did call the next morning to tell us about this situation because we did not know ourselves that was the case.We did figure out what happened and it was our third party server who puts our cars on the internet for us and figured out that they pulled the mileage from when the car was here a year prior instead of the miles that was on it now.This was a clerical mistake on there part and we corrected it and supported that fact with a copy of the car fax to prove this.We also told you do same thing and you also checked the car fax on your own and saw that it was a mistake and was ok with it.Hassett at that point also saved you another $500 dollars for the mistake.At that point you were fine and happy and scheduled to pick up your car a couple of days later.We tried to contact you after you were scheduled to pick the car up on monday but could not reach you.On tuesday you called us to say you did not want the car.The car was prepared and inspected and cleaned and waiting for you on monday.I have no problem that you canceled the deal,thats fine,but we did not mislead anyone and we also fixed the mistake and made good on it and your were ok with all of it.We have won the President's Award 13 times in a row for customer sales and service.We try and make everyone happy as we can.Again iam sorry you feel that but by no means were we false advertising.thank you again ,Sal Rivela.

Would not buy a vehicle here

by from Levittown, NY |

Ken did not get up from his desk to greet us or to show us out. He told an off-color joke, which was totally inappropriate in front of a woman. He was very lackadaisical-he seemed as if he didn't care whether we bought anything or not - just sat behind his desk like a king. If I'm spending 30 grand at your dealership, you should be treating ME like a king! We bought our vehicle from Levittown Ford and had an excellent experience. The parking is horrible at this place...you have to park along Sunrise Highway....there's no parking lot.

LESLIE

by from BRENTWOOD NEW YORK |

I WENT INTO THE SHOWROOM WITH MY MOM AND RICH KOPPLIN SHOWED ME THE FORD MUSTANG . I DID TELL RICH THAT I WOUD NEED TO HAVE MY DAD COME BACK . LATER THAT DAY I WENT BACK WITH MY DAD AND I DROVE THE VEHICLE AND PURCHASED THE CAR. RICH GAVE ME NO PRESSURE ,AND I LOVE THE CAR. THANK YOU RICH .

GREG W.

by from MASSAPEQUA ny |

I was at hassett Ford looking for a used suv. I decided to purchase a 2012 Ford Expedtion. from rich kopplin the pre owned salesman. Went for a test drive and rich let us take the car to our mechanic . Then he took us to dunken donuts for coffee . Great experience. And OI love the car.

debra d

by from wantagh ny. |

just came back to new york i needed a vehicle and went with my family to look at a pre-owned vehicle. rich went out on the used car lot and we looked at several vehicles. i purchased a 2011 ford escape. I was very happy with rich k. the salesman. i love the vehicle and i would recomend rich k. and hassett ford to other people.

Easy Going Experience

by from Huntington, New York |

This Dealer is very different from the rest. Low stress environment and no surprises. Ralph was very professional and courteous. The process could not have gone smoother.

My E-250

by from 11575 |

Unfortunately my old E-150 died, but with 240k, not so bad. Went to Hassett as I bought and serviced my last van there. My salesman was Phil Deitch. I went in to buy another E-150, but because of his knowledge and good advice, I went with a E-250. Thanks Phil for getting everything together so quickly. I'm sure I will get many good tears ahead with it. See you when I come for service. Michael P.

Thanks for the education!

by from New York, NY |

After what felt like forever looking for a car, I was finally able to end my search after I spoke to Phil Deitch at Hassett Ford. Every dealership I had gone to previously I felt like I was just a number and they wanted my money. Phil however took the time the entire way through and made sure that I got the car I am happy with and at a price I can afford. It was nice to not be pressured and actually be treated like I was the one spending the money (so rare these days). Phil has earned a customer for life and I would be happy to (and have since) send my friends and family in Phil?s direction knowing that they will have the same great experience I did.

My Ford Dealer ( New & Pre-Owned )

by from Woodbury,N.Y. |

I am an independant buyer for customers looking to purchase New as well as Pre-Owned vehicles. I have made quite a few purchases at Hassett and have found the staff as well as management more than happy to earn mine and my clients business. They have been truly upfront about all aspects of the vehicles, rates, warranties as well as helping with service issues, even on cars not purchased there, In the pre-owned dept. I have delt exclusively with Philip Deitch. He has truly shown his proffesionalism both to me and my clients when they arrive.Nothing hidden, or should I say, full disclosure, from a copy of features in the vehicles as well as a Car Fax, and full explanation of the coverage accompanying each vehicle. In the new car dept. I have had the pleasure of John Fanuzzi and Scott Goodman to assist me.Great salespeople, management and service. Who could ask for more !!! Yours truly, P.D.

I hate the car buying experience, but...

by from Wantagh, NY |

I have purchased 2 cars in my lifetime, and it has been the most deceptive and mind-boggling processes ever. From haggling for a reasonable price to making sure you are paying exactly for what you are getting, I've definitely gotten a bunch of grey hair from it. I decided I wanted a new Ford Escape and figured since Hassett is a few blocks from my house, I'd give them a shot. Having only ever driven by hundreds of times I was not sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised by the general attitude and helpfulness of the staff. I was approached (rather casually, not like a hungry shark my previous times) by Phil D. and can honestly say that I would buy another automobile from him tomorrow. He was very pleasant and did not pressure me to "go big or go home," with a new explorer, or flex or anything like that. He respected my decision and my automobile choice and was so well versed in what he was selling it really put my mind at ease. I would buy another car from Phil and the guys at Hassett if I needed one tomorrow. THANKS GUYS FOR MAKING A RATHER PAINSTAKING CHORE INTO SOMETHING EASY AND CONVENIENT!