Prestige Toyota Scion Hyundai

756 E Chester St, Kingston, NY 12401

New 888-869-2271
Used 866-795-3175
Service 888-289-5870

We Share Value with Our Customers.

people were curtis and very helful in my questions

by from kingston,ny |

was very Curtis and explained all that I did ask my questions.i would recommend to my friends and relatives.

July 3, 2014

A frustrating buying experience

by from Kingston, NY |

I am writing this review in the hopes that someone at the dealership will see it and take it under advisement. I am hoping for this to come off as constructive criticism, and not as overtly negative. I am also writing it so others like myself who want a straightforward shopping experience will have some sense of what they might be up against here. I recently stopped by to test drive a car that I have put a lot of thought into, doing all of my research prior to stopping in for a test drive. In short, I walked in knowing exactly what I was looking for and about what I should be paying for this vehicle. I wanted to test drive the vehicle to see how it handled, and get a best price offer to purchase. I also have a vehicle that I am considering trading in. Again, I had done my homework prior to walking in and knew what the trade in was worth. I had also gotten trade-in offers elsewhere that matched what I had expected to get for the car. Let me also add that it is a 2015 vehicle that is in excellent condition. I expected to spend about 1/2 hour at the dealer getting this accomplished, as this is about the length of time I have spent in the past when purchasing my other vehicles. Remember - I am walking in already knowing what I want to purchase....just want to test drive it, and get a price. Let me preface this next part by saying our sales person was very courteous and knowledgeable. This is not a direct critique of his performance as much as a critique of how he is likely asked to interact with customers. First, we were given a 'presentation', complete with flip charts. Here's how that made me feel: Like you were insulting my intelligence. I don't need a presentation, and I don't need to have someone ask me questions about why I don't want to lease, or any other questions that weren't relevant to the reason I was there - to test drive the vehicle and get your best price. Due to the approach, we were there for TWO HOURS! This showed a complete disregard for my time. I felt like it was a gimmick, and contradicted what we were told when we walked in, which was that it was a fast process to speed things up for their customers. I am not sure who would like such an approach except maybe someone who goes in blind not having any idea of what they are looking for or how much a fair price is, or basically has no knowledge of how to purchase a car. Again, salesperson was super nice, and not his fault. Dislike management's approach to handling new car buyers. I've been buying new cars for over 4 decades. This approach is just a waste of my time (and yours.) My second issue was with the value of my trade-in. I had already shopped it around and been told what it was worth. I had also done research online. I had been told by other dealers that it was in excellent condition. Here, I got an estimate that was considerably below the others I had gotten and was told the car was only in 'good' condition. When I disagreed w/the price of the trade in allowance, I was told they would look into and could probably get me the price I was looking for. Purposely low balling the price? That was how I felt. I left there really liking the vehicle, but feeling like I had been held hostage for two hours and had not been taken seriously. I did not enjoy this car shopping experience at all. Maybe it works for them, but it didn't work for me. I wouldn't recommend them to my friends, because my friends would not have the patience to sit through this process to purchase a car. When I need a new car, I know what I want. I just want you to let me test drive it and give me your best price. I don't like gimmicks, and I especially dislike wasting my time. Please consider actually listening to your customers when they come in - if they tell you they know what they want and just want to test drive don't question them. Just accommodate them. THAT is good customer service.

Great service

by from Wappingers Falls, NY |

Just bought a 2012 Camry from Noah. Excellent buying experience. I had five cars I was interested in and he showed me all of them. All were exactly as advertised and all for the advertised price. Noah took the time to explain all the vehicle's features and even arranged to pick me up at my house and drive me to the dealership to pick up the vehicle. This is the second vehicle I have purchased from Prestige and I would definitely go back to them for my next purchase.

blown away by the service at Prestige

by from saugerties ny |

2008 tundra 67000 flawless miles- engine light came on had scanned at local auto parts store goggle codes-bad air pumps- big money to fix out of pocket-Call Toyota care in California got an american on the line gave her all my info- She said to take to local dealer and if problem verified it would be covered up until 10 years 150k miles. Call prestige said drop it next day. did early before they opened. Waited for the call expecting they would have to order parts call Toyota to get OK and drop it back off our leave it till the following week this was on a Thursday. Well Chuck called around 3:30 and said the truck was done said they replaced both air pumps air valves did two recalls driver window switch speed sensor and it was all covered under warranty Could not believe it Another reason to love my made in America Tundra.

Excellent service and professionalism

by from Kingston NY |

To whom this May concern , I want to write and tell you how very pleased and well cared for during my last two visits. First was during the summer. I bought my Rav 4,2010 vehicle. I needed some recalls addressed, oil changed. I cannot remember the man that helped me, his name was Ryan. I left that first time happy and satisfied. Visit two: was not one of my best days. On Christmas Day,I got gas at Quick check. Their fault or my own has not yet been decided. I was able to travel to Staten Island NY spend Christmas Day and night. Upon attempting to head home,car would not start. I call Prestige,and it was decided that the best course of action,would be to have the vehicle towed to your business. Which I did. I was there just before 5:00. I was still treated with respect and not rushed through a difficult time. My car was received and I was given a rental car. In a few days,I was called and told the diagnosis and repair price. In a day or two, had my car back. Eric and the crew were amazing. Visit Three: when I took the car out again. I found some lights were coming on . Called Eric at your office,he said bring it right in. After short time,it was discovered the damage had been more invasive then first thought. I was again given a rental. I was waiting for more info,to see what my next move would be. Then, true tragedy struck my life. I lost my 29 year old son, on New Years Eve. I called Eric ,and he without any questions,problems,just told me to do what I must. He would handle this for me and he did. He dealt with the insurance, inspector. More then i could ask for. I am writing to commend all of your service staff,in particular Eric. This man made a very difficult time,bearable, he went above and beyond for me. It should feel good that you have a man of integrity, And a business mind, and caring, giving heart working with you. I will never forget the kindness and professionalism shown to me. Please shake their hands and tell them how wonderful they are.

February 7, 2015

Where to begin... I'll keep it short and simple.. I'm very fortunate to have these guys on our staff period.. and I will shake their hands and share your thoughts with them Thanks Much Charlie Roszko

Gerry Fraenkel and Prestige Toyota

by from Fishkill, NY |

Pain-Free. Not like getting a tooth pulled. A delightful sales guy.

Came from Albany for a Prius

by from Clifton Park, NY |

Purchasing a car at Prestige was a great experience from the first email to final purchase. While they are a high volume sales dealership, the customer service was personable and professional. Gerry Fraenkel was very helpful and knows the features of the cars inside and out. I am very happy with my 2011 Prius and will recommend this dealership to my friends and family.

December 4, 2014

Fantasic... thank you so much for this excellent review

Gerry Fraenkel at Prestige Toyota

by from Rhinebeck, NY |

Gerry helped me buy my first car. Gerry is very kind and patient. At not one time did I feel intimidated or overwhelmed. Made us very comfortable from start to finish.

Rushed and Insulted.

by from Bennington Vt |

I drove 2 hours because they had what I was looking for. We got there an hour before closing and the first thing the salesman said is we close at 5. The whole time we were rushed and felt hurried. Took a car for a test drive while the salesman sat in the back seat giving a sales pitch. Got back to the dealership and the offered me $3000 less then book value for my car. (Which I got from their own website.) They wouldn't budge on the price of the car. Wouldn't offer me what mine is worth. I've been to 5 other dealerships looking for a car and they are the first ones to offer that little. I felt like they thought I had sucker written across my forehead. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

VERY IMPRESSED WITH A NEW SALES PERSON

by from Saugerties,NY |

I spent a lot of time researching for a used 2 yr car but never imagined that I could find a brand new car out of the showroom but I did. After other dealers didn't take me serious as a woman, I found Vinnie to be a charming & bright person who knew everything & answered all my questions. He let me ramble on, test drive several used cars & kept his cool but he knew what I would be really happy with & came down to what I could spend (for a used car) & I walked away with a beautiful brand new Camry. Timing was right & everyone was so pleasant. I will never hesitate to go back to Vinnie & hope he never ever leaves.

Great Experience

by from Kingston, NY |

I took my dad over to look at cars and by the end of 2.5hrs we drove off with a new camry. Great experience, very knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Thanks Prestige