Bill Stasek Chevrolet

700 W. Dundee Road, Wheeling, IL 60090

New 877-806-0997
Used 877-501-3980
Service 877-289-1048

We've been in business since 1950 and understand that the little things in life make a big difference!

Great Experience!

by from Arlington heights, IL |

The entire experience was wonderful and I would not hesitate to buy a car through this dealership again!

best service ever

by from roselle il |

I have a c5 corvette and my car and myself were treated so poorly at bill Kay Chevrolet that I can't believe people go there for service . Upon arrival at bill stack Chevrolet today I was greeted by elvis one of the corvette techs and he laced my interior with protective stuff to help keep clean (steering wheel and seats ) he is very knowledgeable and built report immediately he was genuine in the way he treated my car and myself . I drove way out of my to go there and I will continue to do so from now on. I simply needed an oil change and I get it I have a c5 so it's far from new and I received new car treatment . They have no idea I have been in the car business myself for over 18 years and I can not say enough good things even my service writer was awesome I am a nut when it comes to my cars as far as keeping them nice and taken care of and I used to bring my other c5 to stacek and was always treated great never ever again will take my vette anywhere else thanks guys your the best

Great Buying Experience

by from Indianapolis, Indiana |

I recently purchased a used Corvette from Bill Stasek Chevrolet. Overall, the buying experience was fantastic. They worked with me on my trade to the point where I was satisfied. My salesman (Bob Clegg) couldn't have been better. He was extremely informative and had truly went the extra mile to help me through the entire process, as did the rest of the staff. They even offered me a loaner vehicle to take back home (I live out of state) while the deal was finalized. If you are interested in a vehicle from this dealership (especially a Corvette) do not hesitate to check it out. Also, find Bob Clegg if you can!

Typical ripoff dealer

by from Wheeling |

Over charge for repairs, sales team leaves a lot to be desired.

Stacy Hall - a great salesperson

by from Elk Grove Village, IL |

Just purchased a 2013 Malibu LTZ. Our salesperson, Stacy Hall, explained all available options and was very informative every step of the way. We did not feel pressured to buy more than we were looking for or extras, but available add-on like extended warranties, etc. were explained clearly. Overall one of the best car buying experiences we've had.

Excellent Experience Buying First Car!

by from Wheeling, IL |

Amazing, really friendly and knowledgeable staff helped find a car I wouldn't have looked at twice that fits my price and car needs. Had a great experience here and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a car! The salesperson who helped us was Lana Borodavka and you should talk to her too.

Great and firendly sales people

by from Chicago,Illinois |

Great and firendly sales people. They know there cars and are very helpful in finding the car you need. Stacey Hall was very attentive to my needs and the troubles that I was having finding a car in my price range.

awesome people, fair prices

by from lake zurich, il |

wife and i have been cars from bill stasek for years for a reason. fair price, they give good trade in allowance and their people are great. so friendly, treat you like you're number 1 to them.

Friendly and Helpful

by from Arlington Hts., IL |

We purchased a used car, and both Mike and Stacey were great to work with. A few scratches needed touch up and they went above and beyond our expectations! The car looks brand new! We recommend buying from Bill Stasek Chevrolet. The staff is friendly, helpful and earned our business.

be VERY cautious--double check what they say

by from chicago |

Be very careful about this place. They are friendly but our experience left us with a bad taste. Even though they are located quite far from us, we went b/c they had a particular used model with features we'd been searching for. They refused to budge even an inch on the price, but even so, we were almost ready to sign on the dotted line. We took the fact that is was a 'certified" vehicle to mean that it was sound, but thank goodness we listened to some small voice of caution, and asked if we could take the car home with us and have our mechanic check it out in the morning. They were very helpful making the arrangements and let us take it as if it were a loaner. However, mechanic, who we have known for years and is very competent and trustworthy, found many problems with the vehicle, some quite significant. It was also obvious that some of the things that the certification documents had marked as being fine had not even been looked at. When we returned the car the mgr came out and went thru a song and dance, talking about how he could earn back our trust. When he finally got around to it, his proposition was that we could leave him some 'earnest money' and he would put the model with the features we wanted at the top of his used car acquisition list. Really. So maybe somebody goofed and they weren't trying to hoodwink us. Maybe one of their mechanics got lazy. But someplace along the line, somebody certified a car as being sound when in reality it had several significant issues. I later learned that these certification programs are largely self policing. My advice is to verify any assertions they make about quality and not trust that a certification means anything

Bill Stasek Chevrolet responded to this review

August 5, 2013

Under normal circumstances, we would write a response to apologize for any issues that could potentially arise with a vehicle transaction that has not gone right. In this circumstance, our opinion is substantially different than the customers. Every certified vehicle that goes through Bill Stasek Chevrolet must pass a 172 point inspection in order to qualify to be sold at our facility. We confidently allowed this customer to have their own mechanic review the vehicle prior to their purchase. The items of concern specifically included: leaking rear shocks, brake fluid needed flushing, rear brake concerns, low coolant level, flutter in engine and engine running too cool. The entire staff at Stasek Chevrolet takes pride in the fact that we offer the highest quality vehicles available. With this philosophy, the customers concerns did not go unnoticed. Upon discovering that there could have been some potential issues, the vehicle in question was immediately re-inspected and the items in question were reviewed. The rear shocks were working as they normally should for the year and mileage and the lubrication on the shocks is standard (this allows the shocks to move freely), the brake fluid was above GM standards and is not due to be changed until 2016, the rear brakes are above GM Certification standards (50% or better), the flutter in the engine is not a mechanical issue, it is the normal way that any engine works when in use, the engine running too cool is nothing more than the thermostat engaging at the proper time when the engine operates between 190 and 217 degrees. The cooling of the engine allows it to not over-heat. Even though it is acceptable, the one thing that we did was add one pint of coolant to the system. That's approximately 2% of the entire 8.5 quart system and that is within GM specs. We continue to have trust in our journeyman ASE certified technicians which have reviewed the customers concerns and after further inspection have given this vehicle a clean bill of health. We stand by our opinion and we open the doors to have any ASE certified mechanic review any of our certified vehicles, including the one in question, and extend this invitation to anyone interested in inspecting a vehicle prior to purchase. We understand that not all independent technicians will agree with our opinion and it is the customers right to listen to the people they trust and make their own decisions. In the spirit of offering excellent customer service, which can sometimes be mistaken for weakness, we offered to find them a vehicle that was in their top color choice instead of the one in stock. This offer was declined. Our only goal is to do everything in our power to help the customer find the vehicle that would make them 100% happy. Even though the customers had concerns, they still asked me (face to face) to call them after re-inspecting the vehicle. They were still interested in it because their mechanic did not advise them against the purchase. Our shop foreman, who has been with the company for 35 years made several attempts to call them back to review our findings without any luck. It was the customer's decision not to purchase the vehicle. We completely understand this and we respect their decision. What we find distasteful is the attack of our reputation on the internet. We wish these customers, who were very nice people, the best and hope they find a dealership that can satisfy all of their needs.

Friendly Service, Great Experience Overall

by from Chicago Suburbs, IL |

We were not excited when we found out we needed a new car- but our experience at Stasek Chevrolet made the overall experience easier, quicker, and smoother. Specifically Sales Consultant Stacey Hall was wonderful and helped us from the very moment we walked in. He was beyond friendly and knowledgable about the car we we're interested and made our experience a great one. We now are very happy with our new purchase- and will definitely return there next time we need a new car:)