Glens Falls Toyota & Scion

169 Broad Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801

New 877-227-9223
Used 877-438-3556
Service 877-468-4988

We Make The Difference...

Excellent Customer Service

by from Granville, New York |

After locating a Toyota Tacoma on Cars.com I connected to the Glens Falls Toyota website. I found the truck that I had been searching for and sent an interest request through their website. I very shortly after received a phone call from the Glens Falls Toyota dealership and scheduled a meeting to view the truck. I arrived early to the dealership and within a couple minutes had the keys and a plate to take a test drive. The truck was everthing that it was advertised to be and I signed the papers. Total time invested was about 60 minutes. They made the process of purchasing a vehicle painless.

Glens Falls Toyota & Scion responded to this review

May 19, 2014

Thank you! Howard Lebowitz, owner

Service work not done

by from Benson VT |

Twice in the last three months, I've made appointments at Glens Falls Toyota to have work done on two different cars. Both appointments have been made several days in advance. Part of the work I requested on both appointments was skipped. The first time, they had no reason. For the second appointment, I told them what I needed done to the car when I made the appointment, filled out the early drop off card, telling them again what I needed done, and inclosed a typed note in the darly drop off envelope, again telling them what I needed done. When I arrived at 4PM, after dropping the car off at 6:30AM, my car wasn't ready. When I asked about the wheel bearing, one of the things on the list, I received a blank stare back. When I went back at 5PM to pick up the car, there was a note on the invoice that they needed to order parts to replace a wheel bearing. I believe that they made up the "we need to order parts" because they were covering up the fact that they forgot to do the work. I've never seen a car dealership that won't do the work that you brought the car in for. The wheel grinds when it is turning. The entire shop should have known that the car needed a wheel bearing when it was driven in.

Glens Falls Toyota & Scion responded to this review

May 19, 2014

Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. Do we make mistakes? Of course, we are human. We believe the followup is extremely important when there is a problem. In this case, we looked at the checked box on the "early bird" dropoff envelope where the customer had checked "repack wheel bearings", and when the Service Manager realized this particular vehicle would not have wheel bearings repacked, he did not call the customer to discuss, as he should have. So when the customer came to pick his car up, and described the root problem (a noise coming from the front wheel)the Service Manager realized the wheel bearing needed replacing after the car was test driven. We did not have a wheel bearing in stock and had to order it. After the customer called and left a message for the owner of the dealership describing his frustration and unhappiness, the Service Manager called and left a voice mail message when the customer didn't answer. We did not hear back, so the Service Manager wrote an email on Friday. It read: "good afternoon.howard made me aware of your dis-satisfaction with your recent service experience.i called earlier today to express my shame over the cavalier way i approached your car and to ask if there is anything i can do to address this in a way that will minimize the inconvenience this has caused..thank you for allowing me to right my wrong. sincerely jim stegman service manager." We did not receive a reply, but read the customer's review on Sunday evening.