Romano Ford Volkswagen

Used 888-614-0382
Service 888-446-2823

Barry moore

by from Whitney point ny |

Our sales person Mike Deb was outstanding, his communications and availability were outstanding . It takes his job and the expectations very seriously and was personally involved in each step of our car buying experience.

Incredibly great experience

by from Syracuse, NY 13215 |

I'm the poster that wrote the previous post about not being able to test drive a car. As in my previous post, I was still looking for a replacement car for my wife. We had both agreed we wanted a Ford Escape. I went back to this dealership. I have to say, it was truly one of the best buying experiences I've ever had. I let the dealership know I was hesitant to come back after my previous experience, but felt one person there didn't represent the entire company. I was treated extremely well by the sales consultant, the sales manager and the general manager. They went above and beyond the call of duty to help me with my selection. I truly feel like a member of the Romano family. Romano Cars just made a true believer out of me. I look forward to a long relationship with this dealership as well as all of the Romano dealerships. Thanks goes to Steve, Kevin, the Finance Manger as well as Murad for a truly outstanding experience. We look forward to taking delivery on our new vehicle.

Wasn't allowed to test drive a car

by from Syracuse, NY |

Company car-every 3years, my company upgrades their company cars. This year, they added the Ford Fusion and a VW Passat. The company asked us to evaluate which car we wanted and place the order. Driving through the Fayetteville area, I thought great, I can evaluate both cars at the same time. Well, I was approached by a sales representative, asked to sit down, and discuss my needs. I immediately told him my company would be ordering this unit, my job was to evaluate, make a choice, and recommend a dealership to have the unit shipped to and serviced by. I asked the representative to take a test drive. I was told "we don't do that here". I was very confused and asked him to repeat that. I've never been turned down a test drive. I asked him to ask someone else, he did and came back with "we don't allow that here". I walked out of the dealership confused, because I know this dealership provides loaners when service is being performed, because I am a Mazda customer of theirs. I believe once the representatives commission was in question, he shut right down. So I went to another Ford and VW dealership, got a test drive and placed my order. I have always been treated well by this dealership, wanted the owners to know that while I was there looking for a company car, I was also in the market for a replacement car for my wife. That sales rep really turned me off to that dealership.

Do Not Go Here!

by from cleveland, n.y. |

The pre owned inventory is supposed be certified and undergo some 100 point checklist, they sold my father a used Jetta wagon with 11,000 miles, and in 15000 miles they are gonna charge him over $1000 to fix it calipers and all, and the best part is that all the parts are coming from united auto supply, and they aren't even vw parts. They will sell you a car, but the service after is awful, and they will rip you off in the service dept., trust me!!!

Romano Ford Volkswagen responded to this review

October 10, 2013

Good Afternoon Nicole, thank you for your feedback. We sat down with your father to go over his warranty and come up with a solution addressing his concerns. We discussed that the warranty he had purchased was for 40,000 miles excluding wear and tear items such as brakes, tires, belts, hoses etc. However non-wearable items are covered. Mr. Raithe is now clear about the conditions of the warranty. Customer Service is our top priority and we would never want your Father to walk out of our Dealership feeling unhappy. After our discussion we have decided to offer assistance towards the repair that was not covered under his warranty package as good faith that we value your father's business. I hope we can change your mind about our dealership as we appreciate your business and hope to earn it again for any of your automotive needs in the future. Respectfully, Murad Abdel General Manager

Do not trust this dealership

by from Syracuse,new York |

Do not go to this dealership. They sold me an almost brand new vehicle with a bent rim and wheel damage and would not stand behind it ! After constant back and fourth with the dealership they would covered one tire only to incorrectly balance them! Save yourself the headache and go to another dealership that'l holds the vw name .

Romano Ford Volkswagen responded to this review

July 24, 2013

Good Afternoon Mr. Grillo-Saya, Thank you for your business, customer satisfaction is our highest priority at Romano Volkswagen and we appreciate your feedback. We are a dealership that takes great pride in the vehicles we sell, and will always stand behind each vehicle that leaves our lot 100%. You purchased a pre-owned vehicle off of our showroom floor on February 11th and returned to our dealership 1 week and 500 miles later with a large chunk of rubber missing from the sidewall of your tire and adamantly stated that we sold you a vehicle that was not safe to drive with a damaged tire. Each pre-owned vehicle goes through a thorough inspection it must pass before we place the vehicle in our inventory, as well as this vehicle was displayed in our showroom up until the day you had purchased it. I graciously replaced that tire as goodwill right then. Yesterday July 22nd, after five months and 7000 miles, you came back to the dealership with a bent rim. We took the vehicle and put it on a lift to inspect the vehicle. After further inspection we found that someone tried to balance the rim and had 9 ounces of weights on the rim. At that time we advised you that there would be no way you could drive a vehicle over 40 mph with a bent rim without shaking out of control. We had replaced the tire back in February as good faith, but cannot take ownership of the recent damage done to this vehicle. We would be happy to give you a great price to repair your vehicle and ensure its safety for both you and your family. I hope we can change your mind about our dealership as we appreciate your business and hope to earn it again for any of your automotive needs in the future. Respectfully, Murad Abdel General Manager