Wickstrom Auto Group

600 W. Northwest Highway, Barrington, IL 60010

New 888-828-7939
Used 888-847-1741
Service 877-835-6429

Expect the Best. Experience the Difference.

Good experience

by from Chicago Il |

We were shopping for a new Jeep and made the drive up to Barrington from Chicago. Our salesman, Woody, was very professional. There was no high pressure and he was very helpful. The dealership is large and impressive with a large inventory. We are still trying to decide on a vehicle.

December 17, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to come out to visit our dealership. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to phone Woody. He will be happy to help! -Colin Wickstrom, Dealer Partner

LIfelong customers totally dismissed

by from chicago, IL |

After being long time customers of Wickstrom, I was totally let down when I was trying to trade in a lemon car to purchase another one. The service department was FABULOUS in the multiple trips I made there, I have NO complaints with them at all.... However, the sales management was horrible. I went out shopping, and a new dealership gave me a better deal by THOUSANDS with more options than Wickstrom was offering with NO hassles..... Totally let down by the Wickstrom dealership! Maybe they've gotten too big and forgot how to deal with longtime customers, or maybe they just don't care about solving problems.... I had a few hundred dollar difference with them, and Wickstrom wouldn't budge... I will NEVER buy another car from them, and sadly, probably won't take any of my vehicles there for service just because of the attitude of the dealer. It's a shame this dealer ruined a good thing over a few hundred dollars. It was back and forth haggling for nothing...they sold me the lemon car in the first place, they should have attempted to make it right and blown all other dealers away. Instead, I was offered a better deal by everyone else!

Will NEVER buy from Wickstrom!!!!!

by from Davis, IL |

On Wednesday November 14,2012 I had an appointment to check out and purchase a vehicle from Wickstrom. I had been in contact with the salesperson since Monday researching the vehicle, on Wednesday I contacted the salesperson again to make sure the vehicle was still available to which she also checked with HER manager to make sure. She then instructed me that she would have the car pulled up in front of the JEEP building waiting for when I arrived. I live 100 miles away from this dealership and with construction on I90 this was not just a joyride! I had CASH in hand intending to purchase this vehicle!! Only to be called at 1:46pm literally as I was pulling up to the dealership that "oh sorry that car has been sold"!!!!!! REALLY???? This is how this dealer does business??? The salesperson was told numerous times cash buyer coming 100 miles to purchase a vehicle and they wait till I'm pulling in the parking lot to call me and say whoops it's sold!!!! They wasted my time ,my fuel to get there and any future sales from my family or myself as well as friends!! I have had dealerships I've worked with in the past literally hold the keys till I got there so this wouldn't happen! I have spoke with other salespeople in Wickstroms area that were shocked referring it to "cardinal sin" of sales!! My CASH will go to another dealership NOT Wickstrom! And to top things off they still have the vehicle listed both on their website as well as another website as in their inventory!!!!

AMAZING buying experience at Wickstrom!

by from West Dundee, IL |

I purchased my first car yesterday at the Barrington location. I am extremely pleased with everything from the car, to the dealership facility and especially the employees (Brandon, Joe & Chuck). They really helped make the car buying experience pleasant. I cannot say enough good things about Wickstrom Auto Group!! I went to the dealership after finding the perfect car on their website. When I went to test drive, I was warmly greeted, then shown the car, which was used & in excellent condition. The test drive was fun & I got to know my seller, Brandon (who is awesome by the way). After the test drive, we went back to his desk to discuses numbers. He wasn't pushy in any way, which I appreciated. The car was right for me, except the price wasn't. Both Brandon & Joe helped to get the numbers into my price range. I have had financing & extra packages shoved down my throat at other dealerships *cough* M'Lady Crystal Lake.. so it was refreshing to just talk numbers & not be pressured to buy anything else. I was left at the dealership (checkbook was left at home), so I had to wait an hour in the waiting room area. The entire time, employees came to talk to me, show me around & provided me with a drink. They went the extra mile taking the time to make sure I was comfortable. Also, the waiting area is amazing! There are tons of computers with free internet (also wifi), tv's that monitor the car repair shop, leather seating, plus free Starbucks & soda fountain! Compared to most places, this was top of the line customer service! My overall experience at Wickstrom was excellent! I highly recommend purchasing, or servicing your car at this location. The employees are beyond wonderful and they really made the car buying experience so enjoyable! Thanks guys :)

September 19, 2012

Jessica, thank you for taking the time to write this review and for recommending our dealership. We are committed to making sure you are completely satisfied with your purchase. It is great to know that you found that within our team. Thank you for your business. - Colin Wickstrom, Dealer Partner

shopping for volkswagen

by from schaumburg |

Nice dealership no pressure sales. Came very close to matching another dealers price on same model car.

August 28, 2012

Thank you for your comments and business. We are happy to hear you had a good experience with our dealership. -Colin Wickstrom, Dealer Partner

Unlike other dealers I've visited

by from Las Vegas, NV |

My buying experience from Wickstrom in Barrington was great. I paid the right price on a great car, and the staff there was very nice to us. The dealership is located far away from where I lived at the time, but it was worth the trip. I would return to the dealership specifically to buy from the salesman who helped me. I've kept the Wickstrom license plate frame on my car because I'm happy with them.

June 5, 2012

Thank you for taking to time to share your experience and for driving the distance to come to our dealership. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your new vehicle. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return. -Colin Wickstrom, Dealer Partner

Never ever buy a car again.

by from Barrington |

Bought a new 2011 Dodge and the car was treated liked garbage when it went to service. They always ruined something in the interior and blamed me. trust me go to zeigler in schaumburg with less headaches.

April 5, 2012

I am sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with our service department and dealership. If you would like to contact me to discuss your concerns further, please call me at your convenience. You can reach me directly at (847)812-7016 Colin Wickstrom | Dealer Partner

Great Buying Experience

by from Leaf River, IL |

My normal buying experience from looking for cars online has always been disappointing. You look at the pictures, you think that is the car you want and then you go see it in person and the car is never like what is was in the pictures. My experience with my purchase was the pictures were of the car I was looking for, I made my visit and before asking for the salesman that I made my appointment with, I cruised the parking lot. I drove right buy the car I was interested in because the condition was extremely better than the pictures. I went into the dealership and met up with the salesperson. He went out to bring the car up and wouldn't you know it, It was the car I drove past. The car was immaculate. After a few hours and a free lunch from the dealer I was traveling home in my new used car. I normally regret shopping for cars because it seams like it takes for ever and you always leave feeling upset from the arguments you have. This experience was just the opposite, they treated me like I was part of their family. They have given me a new outlook on buying a car from a dealer. I will definitely by my next used or new car from them. They have earned my loyalty in just one purchase. The only reason I gave them 3 stars on the overall facilities is because they were expanding and the sales area was under construction.

March 31, 2012

Thank you for the kind review. It is great to hear that our dealership has changed your opinion of the purchasing process. Our goal is to make it as pain free as possible. We also appreciate your patients during the construction phase. Please be sure to stop in to see our new showroom once it in completed in Summer 2012!! Colin Wickstrom|General Manager colin@wickmail.com|Cell 847.812.7016 Please be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Outstanding!

by from Chicago, Il |

Went there with my wife on 03/03/12 Brandon was my sales person. I was looking at a 2003 Ford Explorer Brandon & Joe F. offered to have their own porter drive the vehicle to MY mechanic on 03/05/12(which was about 35 miles away), needless to say by 5pm that day I purchased the vehicle. I diffidently would recommend this Dealer. Financing nice low rate.

March 30, 2012

We really want our customers to feel confident when making the decision to purchase a vehicle from us. If that means taking the car over to your mechanic, we are happy to do whatever it takes. Hope you're enjoying your vehicle! Colin Wickstrom | General Manager colin@wickmail.com | Cell 847.812.7016 | Please be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Best dealership ever.

by from Glenview, il |

Its a family owned business, and you can tell. Everyone is very professional and Alan is a great guy. Thanks 70TH Anniversary Jeep Grand Cherokee

March 31, 2012

Thank you for your review!! We want everyone to feel like family when they come to visit us. And I concur, Alan is great! Colin Wickstrom|General Manager colin@wickmail.com|Cell 847.812.7016 Please be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!