Acura of Rochester

201 East Linden Ave, East Rochester, NY 14445

New 866-444-0896
Used 877-278-9013
Service 877-801-0085

Buy it. Love it. Or bring it back.

Amazing Serivce and professionalism

by from Rochester, NY |

The employees at the Acura dealership in Rochester, NY were one of the primary reasons why I chose to purchase my new car there. In both the sales and service department the men and women working in that dealership demonstrated true professionalism. I will strongly recommend others to not only choose Acura but the Garber of Rochester, NY.

Pray you never need body work or paint [FOLLOW UP]

by from Rochester, NY |

I want to follow up regarding the body work / paint issues I had with Garber. Garber did eventually make it right, and the paint looks good. The process, obviously, was was painful, but eventually the situation was resolved satisfactorily. I understand they made some changes in their body shop to improve things. Garber did say they would do their best to make it up to me, and so this week I asked for a discount on an additional accessory and they did.

Pray you never need body work or paint

by from Rochester, NY |

I've had a horrible experience with Garber Acura's service department and body shop. I've had to take my 2013 RDX (purchased in March 2013) back four times (so far) to get a door ding on the fender fixed.The body work quality has been very, very poor. I'm surprised Garber would even try to deliver a car back to a customer with such poor paint work done ... cloudy clear coat finish, blemishes under the clear coat, dust or some type of imperfections in the paint, extra scratches from sanding on adjacent parts of the car like a door and mirror and chrome trim ... the list goes on. I also took delivery of the car with a scratch on the fender. The first attempt at a repair was poorly executed, and looked like someone took sandpaper to the bumper. They ended up replacing the whole bumper with a new one . This was a satisfactory outcome, although I'm a little annoyed that they originally tried to give me back the car in the condition it was. Iv'e tried to be patient, but I'm at my wits end. I've emailed the GM. Hopefully they can make it right. Either way it looks like I'll end up with a new car with a fender that has been sanded and repainted twice (so far), a mirror that needed repainting that wasn't damaged when I dropped the car off, and a door that had to have part of it buffed out and blended. Very frustrating and not what I expect from a luxury car brand dealership.

Used Car buying experience (FOLLOW-UP)

by from Syracuse, NY |

As I cannot edit my original review of my buying experience of the 2008 Lexus ES350, I would like to write another review as Garber has gone out of their way to make it right. As written in my original review I had my car cleaned 3 separate times by my own detailer and then Garber took the car and gave me a loaner while they then attempted to eliminate the odor. While Garber is in no way responsible for the odor problem I had and they did everything in their power to eliminate it, the odor was just too deeply saturated from the previous owner(s) to completely get rid of it. Once it was determined that there was no other recourse, Garber including the Rochester GM (Kevin P), the Acura Manager (Paul E) and Paul my salesman, made me an offer to credit me back the Lexus at Full purchase price and I was able to pick out another car. I could not be happier with the new BMW 328i that I found on their lot. It is very rare these days to find this kind of customer service and personal attention to the issues I had. I honestly feel that no other dealer would have gone the extra mile and treated me with so much respect and concern. They were under no obligation to do the right thing for me and it seemed all they wanted was to make the customer happy. It is this type of service that will insure that I will look at Garber first the next time I'm shopping for a car. THANKS!!!!!

March 1, 2013

Thank you for reposting Dale! We are so glad that you are happy with the end result of the transaction. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Kevin, Paul or Paul if you need anything in the future.

Horrible Experience - Would NEVER buy from them!

by from Rochester, NY |

The atmosphere in this dealership is "stuffy" at best. We were interested in a used Acura, which we found to be significantly overpriced after reviewing other comparable vehicles on cars.com. When we asked what they were willing to sell the vehicle for, we were told there was "wiggle-room" but when it came right down to the negotiating table, we were offered the vehicle at "full price". When we nicely explained that the price was too high, we were yelled at and told that we were "wrong" regarding the listings on Cars.com. I am sure that all dealers post vehicles incorrectly and only Acura of Rochester's listings are accurate as the manager stated .... seriously??? Isn't a "certified" Acura the same anywhere? The manager came out of his office to yell at my husband when we chose not to buy from them. This dealership needs major lessons in customer service and also needs to learn that yelling at potential customers does not "create" a sale. This dealership just lost a sale. We bought a car right down the street instead.

February 8, 2013

I am terribly sorry to hear about your experience here at Acura of Rochester and we would like to sincerely apologize. Your experience is clearly not what we strive for as our manager always looks out for our customer's best interest. Our store is an Acura Precision Team dealer which means that we are in the top 10% of Acura dealers nationwide for customer service in both sales and service. To achieve this honor we are constantly looking to improve ourselves and please our customers. We do not want to leave you with this experience as your memory of our store. Please feel free to call our General Manager, Paul Emerson, as we would like more feedback from you on how to improve our practices and have an opportunity to get back in to your good graces.

Used Car buying experience

by from Syracuse, NY |

I bought a used Lexus from Garber Acura and overall the buying experience was just OK. My biggest complaint has been with the vehicle prep that they did. During the test drive and negotiation I noted a very strong smell that can best be described as complete saturation of Febreze odor neutralizer. I asked them to re-clean the car and elimate the smell before I picked it up. Well even on the day of pickup 5 days later the smell was still there. Apparently their only attempt was to put the car in the service area with the windows open as stated by the salesman. One month later and I can't get rid of this smell. After driving it even my clothes still stink. I am now going to have to pay a professional detailer to clean the entire car inside and out at a cost of $150.00 to get rid of this smell. The dealer claimed it was because the previous owner had a car air freshener in it, but we have since contacted the previous owner and they were vehement they never used air fresheners in the car. So, I have no faith that Garber was honest with me and why did they saturate this car with this overwhelming smell? What were they trying to hide? As I live in Syracuse, it is not very convenient to bring it back to them and tell them to fix it. I understand a dealer does a prep on a used car, but I have never seen one get such an overdone odor bomb.

February 3, 2013

We are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the actions we took to prepare your used Lexus. Paul, your salesperson is working on getting in contact with you to resolve the issue and we are willing to reimburse you for any expenses incurred to get the vehicle up to the standards you expect. Again, we are very sorry for your unsatisfaction and will work with you to make sure that you are completely satisfied!

2010 RDX

by from Avon, ny |

Was looking for an Acura RDX. Found a nice used one, and the salesman Brian was nice enough to let me take it home overnight with zero hassle. Needless to say I fell in love with it, was able to work out a fair deal,and was treated top notch throughout the process. It was a nice experience working with only Brian, instead of having to go through multiple people. Would definitely come back and definitely recommend them.

Excellent Experience - Quick and Painless

by from North Chili, NY |

Found a used Volvo S60 on Cars.com for sale at Garber Acura. Contacted the internet sales person (Brian) and took the car for a test drive on my lunch hour. Negotiated a fair price and put a deposit down - all on my lunch hour. Best car purchasing experience ever! Sales team took care of all concerns I had with the car. Would highly recommend!