Van Bortel Chevrolet

1338 State Highway 31, Macedon, NY 14502

New 888-255-3708
Used 888-670-3988
Service 888-835-2544

There's Nothing We Won't Do For You!

A refreshing experience.

by from Fairport, NY |

My wife and I bought a new Equinox LTZ with lots of techy options. I got a more than fair price on my trade in and a fair price on the new car. I felt from the beginning that the price I was given was fair and the same everyone would get. VanBortel Chevrolet uses a straight forward form to make the deal clear and easy to understand and with no tricks. Tom Price was a pleasure to deal with and did not pressure us at all. It was a refreshing experience. I look forward to buying my next vehicle from Tom.

Van Bortel Chevrolet responded to this review

March 26, 2013

Jim, we are delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your experience with us! We greatly appreciate your business and we hope you enjoy your new Equinox!

Great car buying experience at Van Bortel Chevy

by from Victor, NY |

I had a great car buying experience at Van Bortel Chevrolet! The salesman (Matt) was low pressure and very professional. He was very prompt in answering all of my questions and preparing cars for test drives. The dealership also was accommodating in honoring my request to upgrade a set of tires on the used car I purchased (2012 Dodge Journey). The finance manager (Brian) was also a pleasure to work with as well. I appreciated his fact-based approach to the finance portion of the deal. Van Bortel will be the first (and likely only) dealership that I will be stopping at for my next car purchase.

Van Bortel Chevy

by from Greece, NY |

I purchased a 2014 Chevy Sonic LTZ Turbo and I couldn't be happier! Chuck Ferrace was my salesman and he was wonderful. He answered all of my questions and even when I wasn't sure about something he'd tell me there's no pressure to rush into buying a car. Which was extremely important because I wasn't sure I wanted a new car again because I was in a car accident which totalled my previous car. (A 2013 Chevy Sonic LT) I was impressed with how professional everyone was even though they also make you feel at home. Ruth Perrin was also fantastic, she made sure i got the best possible deal I could get! It's relaxing and reassuring to know that not every dealer is pushy. I would recommend Van Bortel Chevy to everyone I know!!

Excellent experience

by from Palmyra NY |

I had an awesome expeience from the initial contact through the end of the process when i drove away in my new vehicle. It was a definitely evident that these guys work as a team to address my every concern. The salesman, receptionist, manager and finance expert were excellent. They new i needed a vehicle to get to work and offered a loaner if necessary which was above and beyond in my experience. Thanks vanbortel.

Service after the purchase

by from Palmyra |

The service after the purchase has been nothing, but five star. From the very knowledgable Michael at the service desk to Helen at the front desk. Not to mention the whole team,thumbs UP !

What a GREAT Dealership

by from Webster, N.Y. |

I brought in my 2014 Chevy Silverado in for a oil change. While I was there I was informed of a recall that would also be taken care of at that time. The staff in the service dept. were very pleasant to deal with and the service was preformed in the allotted time I was given. I continue tell my friends and family about this dealership and how I've been treated. Keep up the good work.

Great Place All Around

by from Honeoye, NY |

This is my second vehicle purchased from this dealer. Very easy from trade - purchase- to picking up the vehicle. They are very helpful and knowledgeable as well as down to earth and understanding.

great dealer

by from Palmyra ny |

I wanted to buy local to keep the money in the community. The people were great to deal with.

Transmission Replacement

by from Pittsford NY |

Nick was very helpful early on. Set me up with a loaner and told me what the process would be with GM to decide what the plan was - repair or replace transmission. Good explanation of the nature of the change to the key to minimize turning ignition off. Service Manager, Lou I think, took me to talk with the tech at the end of the day about findings and let me retrieve things left in the car that I needed.

Great people to work with, pleasant atmosphere

by from Palmyra, NY |

I found Van Bortel Chevrolet to be a no pressure atmosphere, and salesman were willing to listen to my needs and expectations . We found that customer service to be their priority. We have our other vehicles, including a classic Chevrolet, serviced there. I think that dealerships like Van Bortel , to clearly be an asset to the community and what is good about business in NY.

Heated Seats

by from Rochester NY |

After the gruelling experience of buying a new car, comparing the many different options not to mention the technology that comes equipped in new vehicles, I was extremely disappointed to learn that the only option that I repeatedly insisted upon (heated seats) was NOT on the vehicle. Having taken delivery on my new car in July and not needing heated seats, I neglected to notice that my new vehicle didn't have heated seats. When I questioned the salesmen a month later he assured me that I could have the heated seat option installed...at "their" cost. Really!!!!!! It seems that instead of listening to the customers needs and wants for a vehicle, the salesman delivered a vehicle that unfortunately being October in Rochester has no heated seats.

Van Bortel Chevrolet responded to this review

October 31, 2014

Hello Cold Buns, We truly apologize for the misunderstanding and would be glad to try and work something out for you especially with winter coming! Please contact Ruth Perrin at the dealership 315-986-4401. Thank you.