Van Bortel Subaru

6327 State Route 96, Victor, NY 14564

New 888-442-0691
Used 888-650-8077
Service 877-213-9698

"Where Everyone Pays the Same Low Price."

WOW! what an experience

by from webster, ny |

wow! what a difference from all other car dealerships! first experience i have ever had where the salesman was not oozing slime and trying to be slick. completely no pressure, but extremely high quality.

Van Bortel Subaru responded to this review

May 27, 2014

Bryan, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your purchase experience in November! We appreciate your feedback! Customer Service at Van Bortel Subaru

Another Rochester-area disappointment

by from Rochester, NY |

Walked into Van Bortel Subaru several weeks ago looking to lease a Legacy. I laid out the desired terms, advised them of my (favorable) credit stats and so on, and asked the salesman (Shawn) if we could negotiate a deal. Absolutely, he assured me after discussion of model/trim. I also let him know that I was not in dire straits and had several offers from the competition on similar vehicles at competitive terms. I gave Van Bortel first crack at the deal since I preferred to drive a Subaru and had read good things about the dealership. Again, no problem. Let's make a deal! About a week later I went in for the credit check and the business office meetup. I brought to the table exactly as I had originally advised salesman Shawn... better stats even. Oh, but now the terms have changed from the original offer. Of course they have. Naturally, Shawn and the manager (Peter) were apologetic and assured me that they never meant to mislead, there was confusion on their end, et al. I needn't worry though... I could still drive that terrific car away once I had agreed to the terrible new terms provided by Kevin in the business office! Yeah right. All in all, several hours of family time and a bunch of gas wasted. I can only recommend this dealership if you are not at all concerned with the terms involved with purchasing or leasing your vehicle, or if you simply enjoy being taken advantage of. For a dealership that touts themselves as different from the rest they seem par for the course as far as the Rochester area goes. Looks like some national competition is coming to the area soon which is terrific. I won't ever buy a car in this area again unless it's a firesale... deals abound from motivated sellers in PA or the southeast. Thanks for reading.

Go here...dont waste your time elsewhere.

by from Rochester, NY |

Easiest transaction Ive ever had...Vince was helpful, never pushy and made sure all details were covered.

Great service

by from Vine Valley, NY |

Professional, relaxed approach to buying a vehicle. Fast and friendly

great dealer to bad i did not find them 40 years

by from cleverdale ny |

i live 5 hrs away from this dealer but would drive 15 hrs to buy a car from they . only thing to say is one great dealer over all to deal with . i plan to get all my cars from them from now on . and i have had at least 100 new cars in my life . to bad i did not find this dealer 40 years ago

best shopping experience, ever

by from rochester ny |

This retailer is impressive in their attention to comfort. There is a side entrance leading to an attractive waiting room with an impeccable snack area hosting fresh complimentary coffee of several varieties, flavored creamers, gourmet biscotti, other healthy packaged snacks, and comfortable seating. Near this is a receptionist who politely awaits you to approach her regarding your business. My salesperson Teresa was very sharp, very knowledgeable about the vehicles and options, and not pushy at all. She also didn't just hop in the car beside me while test driving. What a relief. I plan to buy my dream car from Teresa at Van Bortel and highly recommend this facility to any car shopper.

excellent shopping experience

by from Rochester NY |

Nicest auto retailer I have visited. Side entrance leads to a "waiting room" complete with coffee urns holding variously flavored fresh coffees from the nearby gourmet coffee company, flavored creamers, biscotti, granola bars and nuts. No swoopage by eager salesmen. After the initial shock you see the receptionist who politely waits for you to make an inquiry. The center floor holds a couple feature vehicles and the salemen's desks are decentralized on the periphery. My salesperson, Teresa, is very sharp, knowledgeable about the various vehicles and options. She provides the keys and the car and doesn't just hop in the tester beside you. This has an immediately calming effect. I have not yet bought my vehicle as I am in the final selection stage but when I do it will be from Teresa at Van Bortel.

Great used car

by from Victor, NY |

I bought my 2010 Legacy from Jeremy V. and all I can say is that the entire process from start to finish was top notch. The "no pressure" atmosphere was so refreshing and the deal that I got was great. Their pricing was the best and you can tell that they don't cut any corners when it comes to reconditioning the used cars.

Shop Van Bortel FIRST

by from Southern Tier, NY |

I live in the Binghamton area and bought my first 2 subarus from Matthews and helped my nephew buy his there as well. In 2008 when I was looking for a new impreza, Van Bortel gave me a great price on the new car and gave me blue book value on my trade in. Matthews matched the new car price, but tried to undercut the trade in by $1000 as Karl from Van Bortel predicted. That sold me and I bought from Van Bortel. In 2010 when we were looking for a new forester, the same thing happened. Despite the fact I had bought 2 cars previously from Matthews, they tried to over price the car and underprice the trade in to the tune of $1200. Again, I bought from Van Bortel. Call Van Bortel or contact them via email. Ask for Carl Lindemuth .. great salesman .. they don't mess with you, they offer a great price up front.

Caitlins subaru

by from Rochester NY |

Van Bortel is a great dealership and were very straightforward and knowledgeable

Subaru lover

by from Rochester, NY |

I have purchased 5 Subarus from VanBortel, starting in 1993. They have grown a lot since then, but the product remains great, the service respectful, fair, thorough and honest, and the buying experience hassle-free and relaxing. I am heading back soon to buy Subie number six.