Joe Ball GMC

1750 William Flynn Hwy # 8, Glenshaw, PA 15116

New 888-304-5730
Used 888-474-1360
Service 866-207-1433

"Nobody Walks 'Til Joe Ball Talks!"

When Joe Ball talks,it's the truth.

by from Pittsburgh, pa. |

I reviewed the Glenshaw Joe Ball dealership Saturday night and wrote a rather scathing review. Quite impressively, Monday morning i received a phone call from Mr. Ball and much to my amazement before days end i drove away in a vehicle superior to my initial choice and at far better terms than i anticipated. I found Joe to be humble, honest and humorous. These attributes matriculate to his staff and create an ideal environment to purchase a vehicle. A simple misunderstanding on Saturday was immediately corrected by an owner who truly allows no one to walk unless they chose to.

Disappointing Experience

by from Pittsburgh, PA |

I found Joe Ball GMC through cars.com. I was looking for a specific vehicle, and through the website, it identified Joe Ball GMC as having a matching vehicle. I live approximately an hour and thirty minutes from Joe Ball's dealership. Needless to say, it is an investment of time (and expense) to drive 90 minutes one way to look at a car. Also, I thought that the salespeople would take me a bit more seriously if I committed the time and money to drive a far distance to look at the vehicle. I chatted with the salesperson prior to driving to the dealership to inquire about their willingness to negotiate and explained the distance I was driving. I went to the dealership and looked at the used vehicle. It was a used 2014. I was disappointed. While the photos on the website looked great, it failed to show that the passenger side mirror had been damaged and that the damage was masked by a very poor touch up job. The vehicle in question is white and whoever attempted to touch up the damage used a yellowish touch up paint to mask the issue. The damage was, in my opinion, over a significant area (more than one inch long and 1/4 inch wide). There was a quarter inch nick in the clear coat in the center of the hood. The passenger side headrest was broken. It would not stay up when extended upwards. I understand that this was a used vehicle. But, I would have expected the salesperson I chatted with to have identified a few of these things to allow me to drive to the dealership with this knowledge. So, understanding these items can come with a used vehicle, I was still willing to purchase the car. I sat down with a salesperson to discuss a price. The sales person was nice. No issues with friendliness or anything of that nature. The real surprise came with the price. The price was very high. Or, I should say the price offered for my trade in was very low. I had priced a similar vehicle at a competing dealership. The vehicle at the competing dealership had fewer miles (6,000 fewer) and the competing vehicle was in better cosmetic condition. The Joe Ball price was approximately $4,000 higher. The difference - more than $3,000 in a lower trade-in offer. While the sales staff were nice, they did not appear to have any willingness to discuss or negotiate. I explained the competing vehicle deal. I also took pictures of the vehicle blemishes and issues and showed them to the salesperson. I didn't receive any reaction. The salesperson asked if I would purchase the vehicle if they matched the competing price. I said no. Here was my rationale for saying no. First, if they were potentially willing to drop the price by $4,000, what does that say about their initial offer? To me, that is saying they were attempting to take advantage of me. Second, this does not take into account the issues with the vehicle. Rather than get angry or haggle, I simply smiled, said thank you and we parted ways. Again, the sales staff was friendly and courteous. I felt, however, the sales process was less than desired. I would urge caution if you want to price a vehicle at this dealership. Do your homework. Go to car value websites and price the values of the vehicle in which you are interested and your vehicle available for trade in. I did. And it potentially saved me $4,000.

Buying Experience

by from monroeville pa |

The salesman i dealt with made buying a used car fast quick and easy!!

Quick Responce

by from Monaca, Pa |

When I inquired about a certain vehicle they were very quick to respond.

Joe Ball GMC responded to this review