12501 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23602

Used 888-573-0770
Service 888-501-3653

Very Pleasant Experience

by from Smithfield, VA |

The Hall Acura team are very customer oriented and took a lot of time addressing my needs. I was very impressed with their knowledge and ability to help me through the buying/leasing process. My sales rep. Andre` Wallace did an outstanding job of gathering information I had requested over a period of several days and then searching for just the right vehicle that I was interested in. I am very happy with the vehicle that I decided to lease.

August 2, 2012

Hello Rushmere,Hall Acura would like to sincerely thank you for taking your time to give us a complimentary review. We strive to provide excellent service to all of our customers and we love to know when we?ve succeeded. I will be sure to share your feedback with Andre and the team! Thank you again for your review.

Frustratingly Inefficient Repair & Substandard Cus

by from LaPlata, MD |

I believe that a fair and accurate account of the customer service provided by the Hall Acura Newport News (HANN) dealership and service department is the only intent for this review. On April 12, 2014, a very close friend purchased a 2012 Mercedes-Benz S550 from the aforementioned location. In route home, he experienced such a rough ride that he immediately contacted his sales associate once he got home. His associate requested that he take the vehicle to a local Mercedes-Benz dealership for evaluation. After having the car inspected by the Mercedes-Benz of Arlington on the 16th, he was provided a quote for repairs?$1,865 for brakes, rotors, (a bent and needed to be replaced) rim, and four new tires. He was extremely surprised at the level of repairs needed, especially since the car passed Virginia ?inspection? before it was sold to him. On the 17th, he contacted HANN and faxed the quote; they didn?t immediately say that they would fix the problems?they wanted a second opinion and told him that he may have to take the car to another Mercedes-Benz dealership in Annapolis, MD to have it reevaluated. By now it?s the 19th, and a decision to fix or not fix the car still hadn?t been decided by HANN. The decision to have him take it to Annapolis hadn?t been made either. By Monday, April 21, after several days of no communication, he was told that a service technician was up to speed on his case and that an evaluation and decision was forthcoming. However by noon of that same day, being completely frustrated by the inability to make a decision about if?not when? the repairs would be made, he called HANN again and told the sales associate that he would be returning the vehicle. He was told on the 21st that he could not return the car; he would at the least need to give HANN the opportunity to fix the issues. So he left the car there. Between April 21 and Monday, May 12, he has heard once that they needed more time to fix the rim, and then was promised two weeks in a row that the vehicle would be ready by the weekend. Well, it?s Monday, May 12 and he still hasn?t received the car. Over the course of the last four weeks, he?s met resistance: (1) in initially accepting the independently made, overall evaluation and quote from a Mercedes-Benz dealership; (2) to initially completing the individual repairs (no to the rotors, then yes; no to the bent rim; then yes); (3) to replacing the damaged tires; and (4) to deliver a timely, professional estimate on completion and delivery. Because of the amount of time it has taken to estimate and repair the vehicle, he?s lost faith in the success of whatever repairs will be completed; he believes that from his personal experience over the years in being a multiple car owner, the repairs should have taken no more than 3-4 business days. He?s requesting as compensation for the enormous delays and resistance to repair that Hall Automotive Newport News reimburses him for a post-delivery inspection, and if necessary repairs by another independent Mercedes-Benz dealership. This is the only way that he could be fairly assured that the repairs have been completed to standard.

I purchased a car from Hall Acura in 2

by from Newport News, VA. |

I purchased a 2006 Cadillac CTS frrom Hall Acura in 2011. Mr. Mebane made sure I was completely satisfied. He made me feel comfortable in my search for a car. Mr. Mebane helped me find the car that I was looking for and was not just trying to put me in any car. His knowledge of cars was big for me because it helped me find what I was looking for rather quickly then other salesmen in the past. Mr. Mebane was very upfront with me and I highly recommend him to anyone in search of a car. Way to go Mr. Mebane. Thank you for all that you've done.You deserve 5 stars!!

June 17, 2014

Thank you for your heartfelt response Marlon. We appreciate your business and strive to maintain a high standard of customer satisfaction. We are pleased to hear that Mr. Mebane lead you to your new 2006 Cadillac CTS, and we will certainly share your feedback with him. Please do not hesitate to call or pop back in to see us at Hall Acura. Thank you again and have a great day!

Nice Dealer For An Acura Purchase

by from Highland Springs, VA |

Sales manager and Salesman were very pleasant and most helpful in buying our MDX. Gave a fair trade on our older MDX and a good price for the new one. Daryl, our salesman went out of his way to make sure we were fully educated on the opeation and features of the new car. However, these cars are so sofisticated, it will take some time to fully appreciate and understand all the high tech features. Bill Eason, the Sales Manager was very easy to deal with and no high pressure. Overall, I would recommend this dealership highly!

September 19, 2013

Ecj65, Thank you for your review of our dealership. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you! Hall Acura Newport News

Completely Satisfied

by from Newport News, VA |

Mr.Mebane was a very attentive, knowledgeable salesperson. He thoroughly explained the ILX features, let me test drive every color I was interested in even let me do an overnight drive. I was set on the base model because of the price however even after the paperwork was done for the base model I changed my mind again the garnet tech package was calling my name. Mr. Mebane never got upset or showed any signs of you can't do that. He said whatever makes you happy. I purchased the ILX TECH and I am very happy with the vehicle, the price and the customer service I received at HALL ACURA. I will definitely recommend Mr. Mebane and HALL to others.

September 19, 2013

Myra Smith, thank you for your encouraging review of Hall Acura Newport News. We are particularly grateful for any positive feedback, but a response like yours truly motivates the team. Without our customers we would not be in business and for that reason I wanted to personally thank you for sharing your satisfaction. If you would need any assistance towards future purchases and/or services, we would love to help. Thanks so much, Hall Acura Newport News.

Hall Acura DOESNT HONOR agreements

by from Hampton VA |

My husband and I found a car on USAA's car buying service site. We went to Hall Acura in Newport News, VA for a test drive . It went well and the salesman was friendly and polite. After the drive, we returned home for lunch and to get a loan quote from USAA. One of the benefits of buying this car was $100 off for USAA members. That afternoon, we returned to purchase the car. We printed off the page from USAA stating the benefits of buying this car as listed by the DEALER at the dealership. After my husband printed it off, he was informed quite rudely by the "manager'" that the price on the car had been raised. He used the term "updated." The "manager" didn't even get off his rear end to apologize for the inconvenience. Their story was that since the price had gone up they could refused to honor the discount of $100 off. They did not even offer compensation for our troubles. After feeding us a line of bull saying they dont set prices, and that they cannot discount the car at all. Also stating most dealers will NOT honor the USAA discount. We still decided to make the purchase since we had already went through the trouble of the pre-purchase process, such as insurance and loan. Further more we were misinformed of the number of keys for the car after signing the papers. Overall the experience was poor at best. For a dealer that claims to be committed to excellent customer service, they fell far short of acceptable. We will NOT be returning for our next car.

September 19, 2013

Jariel, There is no excuse for your poor experience with us. Please know that your review has been read and addressed with the team. Sincerely, Hall Acura Newport News

Poor Sales and Sales Manager Service

by from Newport News, VA |

I have been due a refund from Hall since May 12, 2013. I was dealing with salesperson Andre. Andre initially told me it would be about 7 days, after 7 days I called Andre several times. He finally returned call stated he will have check tomorrow. He said check was coming from H.O. I waited 3 days, I had to call Andre myself. He would not answer my calls or return them. I then spoke with New Car Sales Manager that stated I should have received refund by that Fri. He apologized and seemed eager to help. I felt that Hall was really trying to make the issue better. He told me he was not the used car manager he would forward info to Nate. He said either way Nate or he will contact me. I waited another 3 business days I received no contac from either. I called and spoke with Nate he said all the same things, he would get refund check cut I will know something in 3 days. I have not received or heard from Nate. I will be seeking a higher authority at Hall. I just do not understand why Hall has chosen to make this a bad experience for me and my family. I have been very patient and surprisingly respectful, based on the circumstances. I would not recommend anyone do business with Hall, I would hope this issue is resolved with out disrupting my life to write how bad of service I received. I really have not been given any reason why this would be happening except for poor service.

June 9, 2013

Good Afternoon, We apologize for the wait on your check. It is actually here and waiting at the sales desk for you to pick up at your earliest convinience. Thanks, Hall Acura Newport News

Excellent service from start to finish.

by from Hampton, VA |

I have bought a total of 6 cars from this dealership over the last 4-5 years . The last 4 vehicles I bought through Devin Sheldon. He is a excellent salesman with integrity and character and will answer any questions you have. I am someone that prefers to buy a car from a different angle. I want the financing to suit me first and then I will test drive the vehicle . I already knew what I could afford and I wanted the extended warranty and gap insurance and once I found a vehicle online in my price range, Devin and Nate Hollis (used car manager) worked all of the numbers out for me while I was at work. Once we had an agreement over the phone on the financing , all I had to do was test drive the vehicle after work. And yes, my husband and I both received an excellent interest rate on both vehicles that we bought, even with some negative equity. I will only buy my vehicles from Hall Acura of Newport News because Nate and Devin work there and give excellent customer service.

July 8, 2013

Roxanne, thank you for your encouraging review of Hall Acura Newport News. We are particularly grateful for any positive feedback, but a response like yours truly motivates the team. Without our customers we would not be in business and for that reason I wanted to personally thank you for sharing your satisfaction. If you would need any assistance towards future purchases and/or services, we would love to help. Thanks so much, Hall Acura Newport News.

Great Customer Service

by from Norfolk VA |

I bought a used 2007 Chevy Silverado from Hall Acura Newport News. The buying experience was pleasant. The employees/salesmen were friendly. The truck itself had a rebuilt engine in it. A pulley sqeaks incessantly. The sales man could not furnish me with a warranty for the engine work. They contacted me later and said it had a 101 day warranty, which had expired as the truck had been sitting there for 4 months. I should have gotten a MILEAGE warranty, as you would expect. That's something I find a bit shady. So far no problems with the truck. I had my own financing package when I arrived. If I hadn't had this, I believe they would have tried to get me to pay a higher rate. As it turns out I got the same rate from them as I had in my pre approved package. I did review the carfax extensively and went over the truck for 30 minutes before the dealership opened. I was prepared. We all know how salesmen operate. I did buy an extended warrenty for my own piece of mind. That's the only extra I paid for. Overall not a bad experience, but I was never 100% comfortable and didn't feel I could trust them 100%. That's just the way I am when I'm around salespeople as I've had bad dealings in the past with other dealerships. If you are going to buy a vehicle, do your homework first, know the retail value, bluebook value, warrenty details, and the carfax, and look over the car well, and READ all the fine print.

July 8, 2013

Hello Daniel, We appreciate you taking the time to review our dealership.

by from VIRGINIA BEACH, VA |

Hall Acura in Newport News was the second Acura dealer that we had visited to look for a used TL on 12/1/2012. We were greeted by Mr. Wallace and was not hasseled or hounded from the time we met. He let us test drive the car and before long we were signing paperwork to buy it. He was very friendly and informative. He answered all questions that we had and made sure he informed us and filled us in on all steps along the way. The only negative I have about the dealership is the cleaning department. Although, I purchased a used car, I feel that steps should have been taken to make sure the car was cleaned and appropriate for a new owner to drive home. Mr. Wallace took no time to step in and address the matter with the cleaning department and manager. If I have any future issues or questions, I will not hestitate to contact Mr. Wallace and feel comfortable knowing that he will help me any way he can. The whole staff at the Newport News location was very friendly and helped my car buying experience move along smoothly and without headeache.

I drove 80 miles to go to Hall Acura.

by from Richmond, VA |

New car buying from Hall Acura was a welcome change from the normal dealership. We knew we might want an Acura SUV after looking at Toyota Highlanders and realizing that after putting the options on we wanted, it cost the same as the MDX which already had all of them in one package. We first looked at our local Acura dealer in Richmond, and were very turned off by the salesperson and the sales manager. Once we were finally able to escape from there, we decided to drive the 80 miles to the next closest dealer in Newport News. When we arrived at Hall, it was like night and day. Andre Wallace was most informative and helpful, and not at at all pushy or "scripted". He spent a great deal of time listening to what we were looking for, and explaining the difference between the RDX and the MDX. He was was very knowledgable and honest about the cars. We easily negotiated a very reasonable price for the car, and after reading some online forums, found it was significantly less than others were paying at different dealerships. They didn't have the color we wanted with the Tech package, but found one at their Va Beach store, and shipped it over in a hour, got it ready, and we drove home in it.