Hall Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM

Used 888-796-9886
Service 877-227-1903

Close this place down.

by from Norfolk VA |

It is hard to imagine how this dealership is still in business. I have been looking for a few weeks for a very hard to find Volvo. Hall Used Cars had one on their website and I stopped by in hopes of test driving it for comparison to another I had driven at a different dealership. First of all, this is the most inhospitable environment imaginable. There is no clear entrance. There is a side door that feels like an employees-only entrance. I opted for the "front" entrance which was completely blocked by a huge pick up truck parked in front of it. I literally had to climb a curb and step into the mulch to just get the to steps. Once there, I noticed how tired and dirty and rather tawdry this location is. It is the complete opposite of welcoming. When I entered it felt like I was in the oldest used car lot office in Virginia; the place was just a mess of old discarded furniture. I stood just inside the door taking all this in for a good five seconds. There were three people within 10 feet of me and not one of them greeted me. I kept waiting for someone to behave in a manner conducive to a professional car buying experience but I was left wanting in that regard. To the right of the front door was a counter with three guys and computers behind it. A man at the far end of this configuration noticed me and with great surprise, asked it he could help me. He did not bother to get up out of this chair. My sense was that these folks are just not used to having potential customers just walk in their door and if they are, they have not been trained in the nuances of customer service. You know, like rising out of your chair, extending a hand, introducing yourself. I stated my purpose: I had seen a car advertised on the internet and was there to test drive it. The man, still sitting in his chair, said it was in back being worked on. He said it hadn't been cleaned yet. He said I could drive it if I wanted but it wasn't ready yet. I said, "I don't understand why you would feature a car on your website that isn't ready to show". He said that some people like to see a car the way it came in, "to see how the previous owner treated it". O.M.G., that has got to be the lamest excuse I've ever heard for being caught unprepared to show a car. This man really needs to find a new level of employment. So, a young man with a drill shows up. He is ordered by the seated man to go get that volvo in back right now and bring it around. The seated man treats the young man with a drill with complete disrespect, as though it's his fault and problem that the car is not available right this moment. Poor kid leaves to go get the car. He's still carrying his drill with an an 8" bit. I turn around, I walk out, I write this review. Hall Management, you really need to close this place down and start over. It's beyond hope.

Not impressed

by from Richmond VA |

I was in contact with this dealership for four days and was planning to visit them on Saturday (2 hours from where I live) to look at a car. They called me several times to confirm our appt. I filled out a finance application and was ready to go. Then late Friday afternoon they called to say that the vehicle had already been sold earlier in the week. I would have been really angry if i had not already found the same car for a better price at a smaller dealership.

Visit to Hall

by from Norfolk, VA |

I had a list of three dealers to visit in order to find a deal on a new vehicle. I planned to start at Hall then proceed to Southern (Military Hwy) and then go to POMOCO. I pulled into the Hall lot and stopped and asked a dealership employee where I could park. He directed me to a far corner of the lot. I then asked him if they dealt with the RAM CV Cargo VAN. He replied that I would have to make an appointment to see the person that handled the cargo van. I left and went to the second dealer on my list and purchased the vehicle that I wanted. I do not plan to waste my time going to Hall for any future purchases. Tom Hawkins

AMAZING SERVICE

by from Portsmouth, VA |

From the moment I arrived, I was treated with a smile and quickly seen by an representative (Olivia Richardson). She was very professional and kind. I was having a after market key fob programmed for my Laredo. My wait was very short and they even performed a complimentary safety check and explained minor issues they may need fixing. I was in and out in under 30 minutes! Being from Portsmouth, Greenbrier Dodge is the closest but after 3 horrible experiences with them for simple oil changes (an hr plus wait with appt) I choose to take the drive to VB which was well worth it. HALL Dodge is my new go to auto shop! I will be sure to utilize them for all my auto needs for both my vehicles as well as recommending them to friends. Thank you!!!!!!!

March 24, 2014

Good afternoon DJ_Dolphin ! Thank you so much for your kind comments. Hall Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM is pleased to hear that your service experience with us was a great one! We welcome you to stay in touch and please feel free to contact us with any further service needs. Thank you again DJ_Dolphin for the highly praised review. http://www.facebook.com/HallChryslerDodgeJeepRamVirginiaBeach

Horrible Service and Very Disrespectful......

by from Virginia Beach, VA |

Belinda Curtis I am very upset regarding my recent visit to the service department. The lady that checked me in was rude and nasty. I argued with her on the phone non-stop before my car was actually seen. I had an appointment for 9:15 am and when I called after 3 pm they still hadn't even looked at my car. The woman continued to tell me they were behind it happens, well then I should of been given a call and told they were that behind. After a huge argument because I need my car she finally said she would get it in asap. They found out my head was bad in a 2012 van. Ridiculous....then it took over a week and a half to get the part. Finally when I get the call from the same female she tells me I need to call and get my rental. Last time I checked that was her job not mine. She continued to tell me I needed to make all the calls to take care of my car. So annoying that I felt like I was blown off constantly. Now that I FINALLY got my car back its driving rough as sin and they gave it back with the GAS LIGHT ON. Are you serious? I have never been so shocked in all of my life. The gentleman who helped carry my stuff out was sweet and helpful. So to say that I'm a little upset regarding this is an understatement. I would never recommend this shop or dealership to anyone I know in the military, or anyone at the shipyard, or civilian we know. I felt like a number at the DMV....on a bad day!!!!

Not Happy

by from virginia beach virginia 23462 |

I accompanied my daughter in her search of her first car. We met with Mr. Moore who expressed his confidence in finding my daughter the car she wanted. Told he that as the largest selling dealership in VA Beach Mr Moore bragged about not only finding the car she wanted even if they had to find if. My daughter is just started out and has low score with her credit. That combined with her limitted resources she what very limited in her options. In having to keep her cost low she identified a manual vs. Automatic ($1,200. Difference in price. After several conversations and attempts to find a vehicle at the price we calculated, not only he failed to find a car, he then tried to charge my daughter an additional $1,600. To bring a car from another dealership. Which according to all the other dealers we spoke to did is not a normal practice. Mr. Moore never delivered on any of his promises and did not have then professional courtesy to respond to my email inquiries.

Customer Service: Parts Department

by from Virginia Beach |

The correct part was ordered and delivered on-time. The parts department clerk (slsm. 18024) was on-task, professional demeanor and most important to me, remembered me and the order. I have always been treated well at this location and look forward to returning...

March 13, 2014

Greetings DEM! Thank you for stopping by Hall Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM. We work extremely hard to ensure a satisfying visit for each and every customer and we take pride in the fact that you've provided us with exceptional positive feedback. Please 'Like' us on Facebook to stay current with our monthly service specials as it would be great to see you again soon. Thank you again for taking the time to review us! http://www.facebook.com/HallChryslerDodgeJeepRamVirginiaBeach

Excellent Service

by from Virginia Beach, Virginia |

I was in need of a vehicle asap, when speaking with Joe one of the finance managers he sent one of his representives to get me. From the time Jake Devine picked me up he was courteous, kind, and very professional. Not once while I was in the dealership did I feel pressured. Jake took very good care of me and I applaud him, I have dealt with other dealerships in the past but nothing compares to the service I got at Hall. Two thumbs up. Way to go Jake I love my Dodge Avenger and the kids approve. Satisfied Customer Gwendolyn Wooten

January 27, 2014

Gwendolyn, thanks so much for your positive feedback! We were very glad to assist you in your purchasing experience. I hope you and your family enjoy your new Dodge Avenger! Moving forward, please do not hesitate to stop by for a visit should you need any maintenance services performed. We would love to see you! Thank you again Gwendolyn and have a great day. http://www.facebook.com/HallChryslerDodgeJeepRamVirginiaBeach

Don't go there!!!

by from Newport News, VA |

Went there to buy a used SUV, after walking around for 30 min alone around the cars near the office, David, the salesman came in and asked if I needed help, I replied "yes", after explaining what I want and my price range, I showed an interest for the Jeep Grand Cherokee laredo 2011 with less than 50k miles on it and a lexus, after he told me the price, he said "Ok then, you have a great day" and went back to the office without offering a test drive or even unlock the car, he didn't have any professional customer service and he didn't even bother trying to sell me a car. I drove away after that with no intent whatsoever of going back to that dealership again.

Hall Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge and Mr. Stackhouse

by from Virginia Beach, VA |

If I make this sound "too good" it will look like I work for Hall Chrysler Dodge Jeep. I don't. I also don't enjoy buying cars. But .... at age 61, of all the car buying experiences I've had ... this one easily tops the list. Fagan Stackhouse has tons of experience in the business. He listens to the questions, shows "genuine" interest, and actually wants to help-you satisfy "your" requirements. Details are not needed to get the flavor of this review. The pricing on the gently used 2013 Durango was win-win for all concerned. There were no surprises. Every detail was thoroughly explained. The experience at Hall (with Fagan) was quality from start to finish.