Phil Smith Acura

940 N Federal Hwy, Pompano Beach, FL 33062

New 866-913-8087
Used 888-440-3526
Service 888-851-3923

Follow-up "After Sales Problem"

by from Hollywood, FL |

This is a follow-up to my earlier review. I finally did get the issue with my bumper resolved. They did take care of painting the bumper, and it now looks like it should. They also explained the discrepancy with the mileage. As far as my review goes, although I am happy that things were resolved, I can not ignore the fact that my car was damaged while it was on their lot and nobody knew it was damaged. Or that several calls of mine were never returned. Since I was here on vacation for a limited amount of time, this ordeal has been extremely stressful and frustrating. Had my vacation here been any shorter, I do not think things would have been resolved before I had to leave. In hindsight I would have been better off having my father-in-law pick up the car, instead of leaving it there. I am just glad that things are finally resolved.

After sales problem

by from Hollywood, FL |

I live in North Carolina but decided to purchase a car down in Florida. MJ was nice to deal with and helped me get the car that I wanted. My father-in-law met with MJ to look at the car and take it for a test drive. The car was a used 2012 Honda Accord, but was in perfect condition. The paperwork was handled through the mail with no real issues. I said I could have my father-in-law pick up the car, but was told I could leave it there until I came down in a few weeks if it was more convenient. So I left it there. A few weeks later I picked up the car and drove it to my father-in-law's house. When I got there I noticed some scratches , cracks and paint issues with the bumper. I called MJ and told him what I saw, but he had no idea how the car got damaged. After reviewing the title paperwork that was sent to me a few weeks earlier I noticed that the mileage didn't sync up. Somehow an extra 430 miles were put on the car since the paperwork was sent to me. Again MJ could not explain how that happened. I was told that they were not responsible for the car after was sold even though it was at their lot. I have been given the option to have the car bumper paint it at a reduced dealer price, but it would still be at my expense. MJ said he could refer me to the sales manager to see if he could do more for me. He said he would have the sales manager call me, but the manager has not called me back. So I tried calling him myself the next day, but when he answered, he said he was with a customer and would call me back in a few minutes, but he never did. I tried calling again and left a message for another manager and have not received any phone call. I would like them to pay to get the bumper repainted,but I understand they are in under no obligation to do so. I would at least like them to return my phone calls and let me know if they are willing to do anything more for me. I would also think that they would be a concerned about what happened to the car. Because based on the information that I have, it appears that the car was driven over 400 miles and damaged after I purchased the car, yet nobody seems to know how that happened. It at least appears to me, that other than MJ, they have no interest in helping me after the sale. Unfortunately, MJ seems to be limited in what he can do. They could surprise me and still do something. If they do I will update my review and let folks know.

The review says it all.....

by from Oakland Park, Fl |

My salesman MJ was amazing.. Best salesman I have dealt with when buying a car. I did not buy the car from Mike Leydon because I called him 3 times and I could barely get the person I bought my RDX on the phone and it was an effort to return my calls. The used car manager,Jeff, is one of the most dishonest men I have ever met in my life. He tried gauge me in terms of price and I was going to walk out of the dealership until my amazing, qualified salesman MJ asked us to stay because Jeff was calling the general manager. It blew my mind that Jeff came back with a purchase price of 1200 dollars less.. I think MJ is a tremendous asset to any Acura dealer.I consider Mike Leydon and Jeff men who are not representative of the product you want to sell.THEY DIMINISH THE Acura name.. We plan on buying another Acura in the next 2 yrs. We will not deal with anyone but MJ.

PAINLESS

by from Boca Raton, FL |

My Range Rover recently died. I have researched a lot of SUV's so I made a list of what I was going to look at and decided to start with the Acura being I have not seen a lot on the road. I guess thats what turned me on the most about the brand, being I had been driving the Range Rover which is also not seen very much. I knew that I wanted a more reliable that would be more practical. So I went into Phil Smith Acura not knowing what the models were or which one would be best for. I was approached by a young man, his name MJ. I was surprised by his approach being he sat me down and went over both the RDX and MDX. He asked me a lot of questions about what I felt I needed. It was refreshing to have someone interested in my wants vs being told what I needed. What was also obvious was his knowledge not just about the Acura brand but pretty much every other brand I was looking at including the RR that I was coming from. He pulled up a MDX AWD TECH which surprised me being I never mentioned that I would want that but he somehow knew. I test drove the car and went back into the dealership. I asked him to give me numbers on both a lease and purchase. He walked away and was gone for about 10min came back and gave it to me. I looked at the numbers said thank you but its my first stop the numbers look good and I really liked the car and departed. He was extremely humble and polite and said call if I have any questions. I was not expecting my needing time to be so easy. I went home crutched the numbers he gave me and immediately returned to the dealership to buy that car. I can't believe I am saying this but my experience was like no other, painless! The salesperson listened to everything and then respected my intelligence by giving me great numbers from the start. GREAT MANAGERS AND GREAT MJ. Thank you Phil Smith.... Will be sending my clients and friends.

Best Sales Person Experience for buying a car ever

by from Fort Lauderdale, FL |

My opinion on car salesman and the sales process has changed for ever as long as MJ from Phil Smith Acura sells me a car. My husband and I figured we would stop in on our way home to take a look being my VW lease would be up in a couple months. Like most post people the idea of pulling up to a dealership and being greeted by a pushy disheveled salesperson would be enough to leave. Instead we pulled up to the dealership got out of the car and proceeded to the stairs and at the top was this extremely polished, happy and polite salesperson MJ. We told him we were just looking and respectfully listened to all our questions and then answered them. We took a test drive which was for the first time in my life actually fun. The next thing I know were driving off in that exact car happy as a teenager getting their first car. MJ did not persuade us into making the purchase he simply listened to my demanding husbands terms and was able to make everything he requested happen. This included getting to the exact down payment and monthly payment we needed while taking back our VW lease early. We did not walk in that evening wanting or expected to leave with a new car especially when it was the first car to look at, but the process was so perfect that I looked at my husband who owns a business said WOW! Did that just happen. My husband is currently driving a Mercedes-Benz CLS, which now he is thinking of giving up for Acura's biggest car. If the other sales people work like ours did then you will not have any regrets. Just a great experience. Thank you Phil Smith Acura for having someone like MJ to make the car buyer experience so pleasant. I absolutely love my new Acura ILX and will recommend anyone looking for a Acura.

Jeff from Coral Springs

by from Coral Springs, FL |

Just a quick Thanks to Carl Lower for the help and also to his professional staff. I never felt pushed and they made my experience great! Thank you, jeff

SERVICE WITH A SMILE

by from LIGHTHOUSE POINT |

I HAVE HAD GREAT SERVICE EVERY TIME IM THERE FOR SERVICE. THEY WASH MY CAR COMPLIMENTARY AND THEY BAKE FRESH COOKIES WHILE IM WAITING. THE AROMA OF CHOCOLATE IN THE AIR IS WONDERFUL. SERVICE WRITERS ALWAYS A PLEASURE.

Great experience!

by from Margate Fl. |

I recently purchased a. 2014 MDX from Jules Goldstein (Internet manager). I must say, his professionalism was 2nd to none. He had my vehicle and paperwork completed by the time I showed up. He had us out of the finance office in less than 1/2 an hour. My deal was negotiated over the internet with no B.S. He was a man of his word which is hard to find in the car business. I have recommended my friends to Jules and they were treated with the same attention and professionalism that I received. I was very surprised that the deal went as smooth as it did. I am planning on purchasing another Acura for my daughter within the next 6 months from Jules. Contact Jules at Phil Smith Acura. You will not have a better experience at any other dealership! Thanks Jules and Manager Carl!

Great Service and Customer Service

by from Miami FL |

Joey D is extremely easy to work with. Would highly recommend.

Best Service Ever!!

by from West Palm Beach, Florida |

Jim Behar personally delivered the MDX to my house and reviewed all features. Even rescued me after a flat tire a week later. Best in class,,,Phil Smith Acura!!!