Al Hendrickson Toyota

New 888-258-1655
Used 888-415-7872
Service 888-329-7065

It's All About You!

An excellent car buying experience!

by from Hollywood,FL |

I was looking at a certified pre-owned Rav4 and my sister happened to call Al Hendrickson Toyota asking about one. The person she spoke with convinced her to look at the 2015 Rav4 stating that the price of the pre-owned was close to the price of a new one. He quoted her a great price over the phone and when we went in there they followed through, giving us the price they had quoted. Overall it was a great experience!

Car buying

by from Coconut creek fl |

I came in looking for a new/used car. But the workers there are rude and so unprofessional. While I was sitting there waiting for me dealer to come back, I over heard two of the Haitian workers working in the use car section talking about a lady who had no credit to buy a car and making funny of it. I feel like that was unprofessional to talk about someone who just came in to buy a car. Treating your customers with respect is important when money is involved. Hell her money could of been their paychecks. They lost my sale and probably the customer they were talking about. I won't be referring anyone to them

car buying

by from ft lauderdale, florida |

most of this was setup over the internet and by phone I had already set the price I wanted to pay and this dealer had the price in advance in writing so I went and checked out all the other dealers and got pressured and did not at all feel any pressure from al hendricksons. Richard who was the guy who set it up worked with the full process and Francisco sanchez he was amazing he made us positively sure we knew everything about the car before we left. it was physical interaction. It was the price I wanted to pay out the door after all my weeks of research.

Great Service

by from "Boca Raton Florida" |

I purchased my car there on Jan 30, 2014. This is my first Toyota. I've had Honda's for the past 20 years. I had a great experience at the Toyota dealership. I've had my car serviced there 2 times. Both times they where extremely professional and courteous. Today I returned because of an issue from my visit from last week. While they felt they weren't responsible the Service Director paid for the repairs and a rental . I would return without any reservations.

Miserable Service

by from Coconut Creek, Florida |

All around miserable service. Given the run-around over and over again. Told to talk speak to 3 different people before I could actually get ahold of anyone to offer to buy the car I was interested in. Told I was going to receive a "morning" phonecall--received an email in the afternoon...meaning there would need to be more back and forth before I could even attempt to buy the car. Such a pain, and all I want to do is give my money to someone and get a car...

Service Department Rip Off

by from Margate, Florida |

I am compelled to write this because of the last service visit I had at my local dealer. I had purchased a 2008 brand new 4 Runner Limited in March of 2008 at Al Hendrickson Toyota located at 5201 West Sample Road, Coconut Creek, Florida 33073. I have had it serviced since new at the same dealership. I would add that I change the oil and filter every 2,500 miles. I have always found them to be professional and honest. Unfortunately I cannot say that any longer. Recently (May 28, 2014) I drove to the dealership to get the 55,000 mile service performed. My mileage was 54,828 miles. Before any work was done I was presented with a written Repair Estimate. In that estimate, the following services were noted as needing to be done: 1. Brake Job-Front (Replace Pads/Resurface Rotors) ? BJF for $199.00. (Don?t know if that includes labor?) I have a receipt that states I had the front brakes done for the first time since I purchased the car on April 25, 2012 at 39,909 miles at that dealership. The cost was $256.98. I am up north at least 2 to 3 months a year and my car sits in Florida with no one using it. Could it be possible that the front brakes need to be replaced on May 28, 2014 with only 14,919 worth of wear? The first set of brake pads lasted 39,909 miles and the second set 14,919. I have never replaced the rear brakes. I am the only driver of the car. 2. Premium ATF SVC (Automatic Transmission Service) for $239.95 (Don?t know if that includes labor?) I have a receipt that states I had the transmission service done on April 3, 2013 at 47,367 miles at that dealership. The cost was $235.95. Could it be possible that transmission needs to be serviced again on May 28, 2014 with 54,828 miles showing? Only 7,461 miles and I need to do another transmission service? 3. Drive Belt for $249.36 (Don?t know if that includes labor?) I have a receipt that states I had the belt changed on April 3, 2013 at 47,367 miles at that dealership. Could it be possible I need a new drive belt on May 28, 2014 with 54,828 miles? Only 7,462 miles and a new drive belt is needed? Needless to say I am quite disillusioned. Did the original service actually take place or was I scammed then? Or did the original service really take place and I?m being scammed now? Perplexing, isn?t it? The service writer also noted Spark Plug Replacement at $313.00 (Don?t know if that includes labor?) In the Scheduled Maintenance Guide for my 2008 4 Runner it states the plugs need to be changed at 90,000 miles or 108 months? Why do I need to change them at 54,828 miles and only 74 months? Should I believe he is telling me the truth? Don?t think so! The service writer also verbally said to me that the timing belt will soon have to be changed along with the water pump and appropriate seals and other parts that go along with that job. Again, in the Scheduled Maintenance Guide for my 2008 4 Runner it states the timing belt should be changed at 90,000 miles or 108 months. Why do I need to change the timing belt at 54,828 and only 74 months? Should I believe he is telling me the truth? Don?t think so! The service writer also noted in the written Repair Estimate that I need Rear Shock Absorbers at $793.00 and Front Struts at $826.52 (Don?t know if that includes labor?) Should I believe he is telling me the truth? Don?t think so. I have been going to the Al Hendrickson Toyota dealership since I retired down here in June of 2004 and had relied on them to service the vehicle properly and fairly. This unfortunate experience has made me think back and ask myself if and when I was cheated when bringing in my car for service in the past?

Not Knowledgeable

by from Coconut Creek, FL |

We contacted the internet department to purchase a car. When we went in to meet the dealer, and had questions about the car, he was unable to answer them. He really didn't know his product. The car we had questioned was the bottom model, but not really knowing the car, we didn't realize that. He was quick to "talk down" that model for a better equipped model, but just couldn't answer any technical questions. When it came time to discuss price, he just kept saying "tell me what you will pay". When I did, he said "no, that's not enough", but never really countered with a price. We left the dealership, and purchased a car at another dealership with excellent customer service.

worse place I've ever been to

by from coconut creek fl |

The day your purchasing a car they kill you with kindness but when you actually read the contact you seen that you've been taken advantage of and the price on the car isn't what your really getting it for when you view the contract. Please read the contract! And they refuse to give you the break down on how the amount differs.

Service oversell

by from boca raton, florida |

I took my 2004 toyota sequoia to them due to check engine light on. My vtrac/trac lights were also on. they wanted $980 to replace two oxygen sensors and another $1100 to replace the ECU to fix the other lights. I took to another service shop in pompano beach and had the oxygen sensors replaced for $350 and all lights are now off. The second service tech told me that due to the oxygen sensors being bad it caused the other lights to come on. Happy with second shop, but really disappointed in Al Hendrickson for trying to charge me $1700 more than needed and not telling truth.

Exceptional Service

by from Deerfield Beach Florida |

They work very hard to make you happy, the car I wanted they did not have at the lot but the next day it was there. They make things easy and hassle free. Thank you very much!!!