Bennett Toyota Scion

Used 888-212-0972
Service 877-468-8038

Horrible Salesmanship

by from Lititz, PA |

I contacted Bennett regarding a used car they had on their lot early last week. I was told it was in the shop for some repairs to the bumper. I followed up with numerous phone calls and email inquiries and was told the vehicle would be available today, Monday. Today when I followed up on the vehicle, after 3 different emails, I was called and told it was sold this weekend. I had made it very clear up front I was extremely interested in this vehicle and could come in whenever, and pay cash, so to have it sold "out from under me" is completely uncalled for. I will never consider them for a future purchase.

Extra Warranty Service Without Due Consideration

by from Nazareth, PA |

After doing quite a bit of research online I found the car I wanted. Bennett was a bit out of the way, but they had what I was looking for. Salesmen probably like types like me because I knew what I wanted and there was virtually no selling involved. It was just a matter of seeing the car to verify it was what it appeared to be online. My wife and I went in and met a salesman who was courteous and helpful. We told him we wanted to make the purchase and he got the paperwork together in a reasonable amount of time. He then introduced us to the ?finance officer? who took us to his office to make the final arrangements. We decided to let Bennett provide the financing as they could offer a better rate than the bank could. The ?finance officer? laid out a printout on his desk to show us three options for additional warranty service and proceeded, at some length, to tell us about possible calamities that can befall an automobile owner and how these products would make our problems go away. By the way, in the high pressure pitch, they like to use feel-good phrases like ?bumper-to-bumper protection? a lot. Interestingly, he never actually mentioned the dollar cost of any of the three tiers of service. The printout showed what the TOTAL monthly payment would be for each plan be (that should have been a red flag). He told us that if were to total the car in an accident, our automobile insurance would not pay what we owed on the car and we would be stuck for the difference without mentioning that our insurance would replace the car with one of equal value. Ordinarily, when you make a decision regarding insurance coverage, you take time to study cost-benefits and compare various companies. Here we were put in the position of wrapping up the deal and having to make a decision based on pressure from someone who has obviously sat through many hours of sales training (they have their stock answers for everything and never take no for an answer). In conclusion, the buying experience was good, but beware of what you will face during the finalization.

Smooth RAV4 Purchase Experience

by from Northern Virginia |

I assisted my daughter in finding/purchasing her first new car, a 2014 AWD RAV4 Limited. Bennett had one equipped with the option package she wanted and the color combo she had been looking for (Shoreline/Latte). They treated her well. Patti Smith was great to work with over the phone, getting all the details worked out before our trip to PA. We agreed upon a price, and gave a deposit. My daughter did the credit ap online the night before. Once we arrived, she completed the transaction with Jeff Roberti and we were out the door in about two hours - no surprises, no drama. It was one of the smoothest, most pleasant new car buying experiences I've ever had.

Thank you to the Internet team for helping me

by from Allentown pa |

Thank you Antonia and mike and willie for helping me with my new car.... I love it and will send you all my family and friends. I appreciate your patience Antonia and for following up with me. I was so undecided until you told me what the pros and cons where on this Camry and my honda that I had. I am sure that the Bennett's know what an asset you are to them and I will be a loyal customer for life. Kudos to you all!

Frustrating Experience

by from Staten Island, NY |

Very frustrating experience with this dealership. Negotiated a fair price on a used car. They advertised the car as having navigation. After speaking with internet manager on phone, she confirms this. This was an important piece of info as the used car in question didn't come with navigation as a factory option so this was a customer add-on worth something that I factored into my negotiations. Go to see the car and you guessed it, no navigation. Ultimately decide to still go through with purchase anyway and simply ask dealership to lower price of car to make up for lack of navigation. Not only do they not lower price, but deny ever telling me that the car had navigation. Sales Manager then has audacity to tell me I shouldn't rely on what I saw on internet advertisement as mistakes are made all the time in the advertisements and then calls in the internet manager who states that she didn't say what I clearly heard, which only enraged me further. Straw that broke camel's back was when I was told I should have looked at all of the photos in advertisement clearer to verify for myself that car had no navigation. Can't make this up. They falsely advertise car, then blame the customer when called out on it. Now as a true testament of where this dealership places its values, let's see how long it takes them to take down the erroneous information from the web advertisement. I for one am not holding my breath. As for my purchase, I will add $5,000 to it and go buy the same car new which is what I should have done to begin with.

Bennett Toyota Scion responded to this review

April 15, 2014

We sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding. The car you were looking at does come with navigation from telematics, a voice guided navigation which is different from in dash navigation. The listing has been updated with your feedback. We pride ourselves on guiding our customers through the purchase process and would never intentionally mislead anyone. It was our understanding that after you came to look at the car and left a deposit that you were satisfied with the vehicle. If there is anything that we can do to help you find exactly what you're looking for please contact me directly. Thank you Antonia Haddock Bennett Toyota Scion 610-437-6711 ext. 5134

Employee Kristen is AMAZiNg

by from Wildwood, NJ |

Last week my office was searching to purchase a new vehicle, which is always a lengthy process. After days and days of test driving different cars from so many different dealerships, we finally decided to take our business to Bennett Auto Group. They have so many different cars and after we settled on the brand and type of car, Kristen made it so easy to purchase the exact vehicle my boss wanted. Since my boyfriend and I are in need to purchase myself a vehicle immediately, we are without any doubt returning to Bennett Auto Group. Case closed. Kristen, you are awesome!

Another Great Experience

by from Allentown, PA |

Nine months ago I purchased a brand new 2012 Camry SE. I could not have been happier with the car buying experience. Today we brought my mother in law over to the dealership to see Kevin and he put her in a pre owned certified Corolla for a more than fair price. Kevin also sold us our Camry nine months ago. He's patient and makes sure all your options are made clear so you make the right decision to fit your needs. He treated my mother in law the same way he would have treated his own mother.....So fast forward to later on that that day, my wife and I returned to purchase our second brand new car in the past year...Kevin sold us a beautiful 2013 Rav 4 XLE. We needed a good price for our '08 minivan on the trade-in. We also needed to be with in a certain number for our monthly payments....Kevin met those numbers to the penny!!...I could not have asked for more. Thank you Bennett Toyota and a special thanks to Kevin for taking care of us.

Poor shopping experience

by from Lehigh Valley, PA |

I test drove a 2011 Camary Hybrid. A couple days later I called and asked if I could go to and from work with the car to help me decide...I work 70 miles away and would need to borrow the car overnight. The Salesman needed to check with a manager, but he called back later and said it could be done. We arranged for me to come in at about 8PM on Monday night, there was some paper work and a deposit needed. No problem. I arrived on time and was kept waiting because another client had arrived late, again no problem. I kept busy looking at the showroom cars and started to feel an afinity toward a teal Prius C - I knew my wife would love the color and I would like the better mileage for my commute. Anyway, once the Saleman and I get together he tells me that we need to sign an agreement-for-sale on the car before my test drive. I indicated I felt it was wrong to not tell me this before hand on the phone. He asked to see if his manager would allow the borrowing without this "sales" agreement. I was left to stew for 7 minutes. I could easily just sign whatever they wanted then say I didn't like the car, but I don't roll that way. I was serious about the car, but wasn't in the mood or position to start negotiating a deal at 8:30PM. The manager shows up and says he wants to make everything alright, great I say lets forget about the sales negotiations. He says he can't do that, so I leave extremely frustrated feeling I wasn't getting decent treatment. I will not buy from this dealer nor look at them again in the future.

Not cooperative!!!

by from Jim Thorpe, Pa. |

I went there as a returning customer and they jerked me around for about an hour. I did my research and knew what was a fair price but they didn't even come close after a few trips to the sales manager. I went to Krause and they did the deal that Bennett wouldn't do in about 15 minutes. Save yourself the time and go elsewhere.

Excellent Service both for the Car and the Custome

by from Allentown, PA |

Was very pleased with my experiences both at purchase and with the service department. The facilities are brand new and you can tell they take pride in it. Dealer representatives are very friendly and transparent during the process and the service representatives are professional and polite. Would highly recommend Bennett Toyota to any friend or family member looking for a new car.

Bennett Toyota Scion responded to this review

May 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit with us. It is great to hear our team was able to show you the outstanding customer service we are known for. Your glowing review lets us know we are achieving our goal of 100% customer satisfaction. Thank you for choosing Bennett Toyota as your preferred dealer. Make sure to visit our Facebook and Twitter pages where we offer special deals to our followers and likers. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is anything else we can assist you with. Regards, Kevin Kelly Internet Director