Devon Hill BMW

(3.0) 2 Reviews

20 E Lancaster Ave, Devon, PA 19333

Very disappointed...

by from Corning, NY |

I am in the market to lease a very specific car (model, options etc) and therefore my "search radius" is quite high. I live about 5 hours from Devon Hill in upstate New York and since they had one in stock, I thought I would give it a shot. I did my homework in looking for reviews on cars.com and elsewhere. Based on the reviews I read, I wanted to work with Steve DiMuzio, and asked for him. I am not a sore customer who didn't get what he wanted and I am going to give an objective review of my experience (which unfortunately is not positive). Steve's approach is very courteous and professional (as others have said), and he doesn't pressure you to make decisions. After providing the terms on the sale, he actually suggested on "sleeping on it" before making a decision, which was actually impressive. He, then, followed up with me the next day, hence the positives that made my "customer service" grade 3 stars. Now, the disappointment... As I live in upstate New York and the dealership is in Pennsylvania, sales tax was going to be a concern. Steve said, they would take care of it, which was nice, and told me a dollar amount that I owe. He said, my trade in does not have a tax credit on a leased vehicle, which I didn't agree based on my prior experience in leasing vehicles. Normally, this wouldn't be a huge deal, as you wouldn't expect a PA dealer to know all the details of NY tax law. So before I "slept on it" I searched the tax code for NY state and voila! they were trying to charge me more than double the amount I owed in sales tax. I sent them the link to the tax code along with my numbers. I didn't hear from Steve, until I called him. His response was, well we can't accept your numbers, that is the tax that you owe (when the NY tax laws tells otherwise). I think there are two explanations, shady business or incompetence, either way, I will go with a remark of caution for those who are thinking about Devon Hill BMW.

Valuing the customer: a welcome change

by from Houston, TX |

Devon Hill and specifically Steve DuMuzio understand the concept of professional customer service. I negotiated the deal remotely and was treated to a salesman who was thorough, delivered on all of his commitments, and seemed to be actually interested in my satisfaction even after he had closed the deal. When I visited the dealership, I found that all of the staff from the finance manager through the sales manager had the same approach. I live 1500 miles away, but they will get first shot at my next purchase.