Camelback VW Subaru Mazda

1499 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85014

New 602-792-3645
Used 866-672-9992
Service 855-512-6122

Experience the Camelback Difference!

Great experience!

by from Eagar, Az |

I had a great salesman and the finance department was amazing. Both departments made sure I was approved for the loan and all terms before I drove 250 miles to the dealership. Big plus in my book. They really worked hard to get me financed and what I wanted for my trade. I would do business with this dealership again.

Great, friendly service. No upset

by from Phoenix, AZ |

I went in with a terrible screeching noise from the front wheel which I thought sounded expensive. Imagine my relief when it was found to be a piece of tarmac stuck between the brake and rotor. Quick fix, no charge. Cant argue with that :)

Do NOT go to Camelback VW

by from Scottsdale, AZ |

Went with a family member to buy a car that he NEEDED that day and it took the entire day to complete the purchase. Renee was HORRID to work with. She knew the budget he had and kept trying to get him to buy something more expensive that would "fit his wants". Told him he could get more expensive car to fit monthly payment if he put more money down (DUH). Even though she had given a WRITTEN price quote the previous day to a relative, denied it was for the car we came in to buy. Continued to try to convince him to spend more than what he continued to tell her he could afford. After finally submitting a credit application to get the car, she indicated THREE different times that it would be just a little bit longer before everything was finalized. When she said that the third time, I started the timer on my phone and it was an HOUR AND 45 MIMUTES before we got to sign papers. We were at the dealership for over FIVE HOURS!!! Should have known when she was late for the appointment to meet her that it would not go well! DO NOT GO HERE!! Try ANY other Volkswagen dealer if you really want the car.

Failed to find Transmission Problem in 2015 Mazda

by from Des Moines, IA |

During a 4000+ mile family trip over Christmas break, our 2015 Mazda 6 developed transmission problems (11,500 miles on the car). Since we were had over 1500 miles left on our trip, we stopped at the dealership to have it looked at. We were told the problem was the aftermarket rims and snow tires installed on the car. They said nothing was wrong with the transmission. All the problems we were experiencing was due to the tires. After nursing our car home, we had to get the car towed to a local Mazda dealership. They stated the transmission was clearly bad and installed a brand new transmission under warranty (13,000 miles on the car). We felt like Camelback Mazda didn't listen to us or want to deal with us or our car. It seems like they just wanted to make up a story and push us out the door. I was just happy that the car didn't leave us stranded on the side of the road.

Excellent service

by from Peoria, AZ |

I found this place awesome with service. Excellent in all aspects. I live far from this shop but I love having my car serviced by them. Great workers too. Professional and pleasant.

Camelback VW Subaru Mazda responded to this review

February 14, 2015

Thank you and we appreciate your business! Anything we can do for you, please let us know! Nick N. III

Awsome experience with George

by from paradise valley, AZ |

Am a disable veteran who is trying to go back in the work forces by upgrading my education. I gave my 2010 toyota hybrid to my mom so that she have a realiable car for her well needed monthly medical treatments. I was looking for a cheap car to take me to and from school. I went to Camelback Volkswagen with loses because i couldn't afford a high payment. Let me just say Service was the fastest, friendlier, amazing experience buying a car. I got exatly what i wanted plus more than i expected. George was great. I highly recommend camelback volkswagen and George. George went out of his way to go above and beyond. Didn't feel any presure and he a good listener for details. I am a proud owner of a Toyota Yaris 2009 and will be able to pay it off within a year.Thank you Camelback Volkswagen i will continue to recomend you and i will also go back when am ready to get into a newer car.

Camelback VW Subaru Mazda responded to this review

February 14, 2015

Jaime, As a fellow veteran, thank you for your service. I am glad that George was able to take care of you as well as he does all of his clients. If there is anything that we can do for you, please let us know! Nick Niglio III

Really friendly, yet utterly useless

by from Phoenix, AZ |

Every experience I've had at this dealer has left me with the impression that everyone who works there is completely incompetent. From the start nothing went smoothly and I sincerely regret getting my car here. When my fiancee and I arrived on a Thursday around 6:30pm the person I'd been in correspondence with all day was no where to be found even though we had planned for 6:30. Alex then steps in and says it's ok, he can help us. Alex had a great personality, I will give him that but as is the theme of this dealership, I was left with the impression he really wasn't all that knowledgeable. It took 4 hours for us to be able to leave, after telling him multiple times that we didn't like the car he showed us (VW Jetta). We come back in the next day and look at a different car (Mazda 3). We like it, we decide to move forward. Alex hand writes our info (names, socials, DOBs, so and so forth). He then has to go type it in. Seems a bit redundant. Another person, then comes over and re-hand writes the info to put my fiancee's name first. It's then retyped and reprinted. Around this time, it's 9:00 pm and we are about ready to pack it in. We get up at 4:15am, so it's more than time to be home. We mentioned this. Didn't matter. We then had to be shuffled into another office to be upsold for another hour and half. We caved. We bought the warranties. It will be easier, we thought. I'll just buzz down to the dealership anytime anything goes wrong. It'll be great. It hasn't been but more on that later. It took 3 attempts to get my car washed when we first acquired it. I'll elaborate. By the time all of the ridiculously redundant paper work was done, it was after hours even though we got there at 6:15pm. The car washers had gone home. I understand that. It was about 10:30 by the time everything was said and done. I was told to bring it back to next day to get it washed. I did just that. Upon arriving that day, (since it was daylight again) I noticed a ton of swirly scratch marks all over my brand new car. I pointed it. They said they'd buff them out. An hour and a half later, my car is pulled up and I immediately noticed that nothing was done about the scratches. I again, point this out. I'm then told that the Saturday staff is "useless" (their words, not mine) and that I'll need to come in again on Monday. It's worth noting, that this dealership is 35 miles from my house (so I had to put 140 extra miles on my brand new car, because the Saturday staff is "useless"). On attempt number 3, they were successful. A month or so passes and my radio stops working. I understand technology has it's glitches. I brought my car in where I was told "You are having foreshadowing of electrical issues". Duh. They keep my car for a day and tell me it just needed an update, everything is fine. OK. I drive my happy little self home and everything is fine. A few months pass and I need an oil change. At this point, I'm told I didn't buy the maintenance plan. Then why did it take and hour and a half for us to sign paperwork? After management involvement, I'm told repeatedly, that I'm wrong. I don't have a maintenance plan. It's worth noting that they did do the oil change and tire rotation anyway. I leave. I pull out my lease paper work and clear as day, it says that I bought the maintenance plan. Apparently, whoever was in charge of registering said maintenance plan, did it incorrectly. So, why, didn't they pull up my lease paperwork while I was there? Why will I need to bring in my lease paper to prove to them that their clerical skills are deficient? In summary, the entire staff is incompetent but they are all very nice. If you want really friendly, yet utterly useless service, please buy/ lease your vehicle here.

Camelback Mazda

by from Scottsdale AZ |

Great Customer Service and always quality work performed!

Why I love Camelback Mazda's servide department

by from Scottsdale, AZ |

I have bought 3 Mazdas from this dealership and I have never been disappointed in the service and treatment I have received. They have always been competitive in pricing and Ian Wooley is the best service advisor I have ever met. My car always runs like new when I leave. I will not go anywhere else for service.

Subaru Service

by from Phoenix AZ |

Honest Subaru Service Department. Superior repair technicians and service advisors....never a problem with repair service since 1992 and now with my third Subaru. A recent major repair service continues the excellence of the Subaru Service department's technicians and advisors. You men are so appreciated.

Worst Customer Service Ever

by from Phoenix, AZ |

Wow...I just had the worst customer service experience I have ever had...EVER. I made an appointment on Friday to have my VW Beetle serviced at Camelback Volkswagen. I arrived at 8:30 a.m. as planned and had the horrible misfortune of having Giuseppe Vaccaro as my Service "Professional". Giuseppe made me wait while he was on a mental break, even though there were no other customers at his desk. While waiting I could not help but hear the Service Manager bragging to a gleeful employee about how he took some other customer to task, telling him "we're (Camelback Volkswagen) not responsible for your car." When Giuseppe finally decided to wait on me he was very rude and even rhetorically asked himself under his breath, "Why am I so rude." If this wasn't enough, (I had schedule a shuttle ride), in comes the shuttle driver loudly yelling "what do I have to drive next?" When one of the Service "Professionals" noted that she has a lady waiting, the shuttle driver corrected him, "Not who, WHAT do I have to drive next." After several hours I called to check on my vehicle to see what time I would be able to pick it up. After some questioning, I was told I wasn't in the computer and that they put my car under the name of the previous owner....mind you I had scheduled the service and provided them with all my information. Giuseppe, my Service "Professional" told me the car would be ready at 3:30 p.m. In an effort to give them more time, I arrived at 3:45 p.m. and was made to wait an additional 20 minutes. I was then told by Giuseppe that part of the wait was so they could wash the car...you guessed it, when I got my car back Camelback Volkswagen never washed the car...It was exactly the way I brought it in. Finally, to add to the craziness, the Service Manager came out to apologize - he was sorry I had overheard him bragging about cheating a customer. Wow....there is nothing Professional about this team. I will never get my car serviced there and of course I will never buy a vehicle from these idiots. Once I got home, I scheduled a service visit at another VW service department to check the work the stooges allegedly did....I want to make sure I have my car checked ASAP so I won't have the "Service" Manager laughing about how he told me "we're not responsible for your car! Do yourself, your car and Camelback Volkswagen a favor....shop someplace else!