Camelback VW Subaru Mazda

1499 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85014

New 602-792-3645
Used 866-672-9992
Service 888-771-8167

Experience the Camelback Difference!

Great experience!

by from Eagar, Az |

I had a great salesman and the finance department was amazing. Both departments made sure I was approved for the loan and all terms before I drove 250 miles to the dealership. Big plus in my book. They really worked hard to get me financed and what I wanted for my trade. I would do business with this dealership again.

Subaru is the best family car on the market

by from Phoenix, AZ |

The Subaru Impreza 4 door 2014 is comfortable, is easy to get the kids in and out. The vehicle is quick when getting onto the expressway. When my parents are in town they can also get in and out with ease. This vehicle is a good choice or a young family, a teenager, the outdoor type or the grandparents. It a cool car for all and this dealership goes way out of their way to please. Ask for Kyle. He knows a great deal about not only Subaru but all cars.

Don't Go there.

by from Peoria, AZ |

They have advertised the cars that they don't have.

May 13, 2014

Dear Real Person, I am sorry that you had a less than stellar experience. Sometimes vehicles that are sold do appear on our website. As the sale is completed, the ad is updated. If there is anything that I can do for you, or find you a different vehicle... Please let me know. Nick Niglio Internet Director 602-265-6600

Buying Process - Run, for Your Life

by from Phoenix, AZ |

I saw there ad, for a 92 used VW Cabrio. When I arrived Amy, or Annie S approached, us an advised it was sold. The next day it was available - then it wasn't again. Her follow up was admirable, but her approach, and demands were over the top. She employs "I expect you here now"! A full week of condescending - borderline stalking, and all about her ensued. She had to clear with the boss every time we left the sales room. She was like gum on your shoe. I'm surprised she didn't chase us into traffic to demand we buy. Maybe, she had a bad week. Run for your life from this dealer's sales tactics, and smothering approach. I purchased my vehicle at Peoria Volkswagen instead. A non commissioned Dealer.

Customer service, Salesman --- Great!!!

by from Arizona |

I would use cars.com always, when looking for a car. They found me the exact car I asked for. It is perfect and there is not a scratch on it. The only problem was where the car was, Camel Back Volkswagen!!! The salesman was a great guy but he was only a pawn for the dealer, the rest of the team ran you through the ringer for 4-1/2 hrs. All your salesman does is get you coffee and tell you stories and jokes. They really don't need him other then to keep you there. All in all, I would never send a friend to Camel Back VW. I see they have many great reviews, but I'm not going to be one of them.

Great people!

by from Phoenix, AZ |

The sales process always takes a lot longer than I would like, took about 3.5 hours. My salesman was great to work with. I HATE this, "let me talk to my manager" bit. Give me the best deal and send me on my way. Also, the finance guy tried to sell me an extended warranty for $2500, when all was said and done I got it at $100 over cost @ $1500. My VW Routan was in great shape, sparkling clean and they made sure to fill my tank before we left. Overall a good experience and a great deal!

Pleased with service

by from Mesa, AZ |

I am still looking for the right vehicle but have been working with Bill for at least a month now. I am very pleased with his customer service and willingness to help me find the right car. Honest and doesn't play games. :) rated as fair as I've not had the full experience yet.

I did my research

by from Phoenix, Az |

I did my research and knew exactly what I wanted so the salesman had an easy sale. I got what I wanted for my trade in and paid a reasonable price for the 3/4 ton used truck I wanted.

Terrible Customer Service Experience & Dishonest

by from Plano, Illinois |

I just can't find the words to say how this is so disappointing and I have never been treated this way by a dealership After trying to buy this vehicle over the last 2 weeks and I was told Bill Gocklin will call back the next day to get the deposit for me to travel from Illinois to Arizona and pick up the car. He ended up selling the vehicle to another customer and left me waiting and would not call back. I tried contacting one of the Supervisors and they would not even call back or apologize for all the time wasted and their inconvenience. The service received was extremely disappointed and upsetting.

Friendly and very knowledgeable staff!

by from Avondale, AZ |

I currently drive a Honda S2000 and went in to get some information on the Subaru STI. I was greeted by Todd who was very friendly and treated me with respect. I have been drifting and modifying my car for years, so I started asking very technical questions about the STI. Instead of guessing or lying to me Todd grabbed a Subaru specialist in the store. Shane knew more about the STI than anyone I have met at the track, or any event for that matter. He wanted to answer my questions and wasn't pressuring me to buy a car or parts. I am very happy with how I was treated, and I know where I am placing my order for the STI I want. Great work guys!!

April 29, 2013

Thanks for the great feedback. Did you get an opportunity to test drive? Please let us know how we can be of further help!

Poor Financing Dept

by from Phoenix, AZ |

I was initially advised I was approved for a VW Jetta, I had my trade-in towed to the dealership since it was not in proper running condition, provided a down payment and completed the sales contract. I then took possession of the vehicle and after a week passed, I was informed that my financing was not approved since I was working a contract assisgnment and to return the vehicle to the dealership. I returned the car and had to pay additional towing charges to have my trade-in returned to my home. A week later I was able to secure permanent employment and contacted the dealership. They then stated I was approved because my employment situation changed and told me to come back to the dealership to pick out a car. Since the original Jetta was not available, they offered me a VW Eos. Again, I incurred expenses to the have my trade in towed back to the dealership, provided them with the downpayment and completed the sales contract, signed power of attorney for my trade-in and added the vehicle to my insurance and left with the VW Eos. After week of possesion of the car, I was called on a Sunday afternoon at 4pm, two hours before the dealership closed, telling me to bring the vehicle back. They were very elusive and rude and I could not make it that day as I was spending time with the family. When I finally brought the VW Eos back to the dealership, the sales manager said he could not approve me for the price of the car and offered another VW Jetta, but only with the stipulation that I increase my down payment to $2000. Because of their poor customer service and not finalizing the deal before I took extended possesion of the vehicle, I opted to take my trade-in back and have my down payment returned. My trade-in was not on the lot at the time and they have to retrieve it from "somewhere" and the finance office was closed so they would not issue a check for my downpayment. Ultimately, I left the dealership with no car or money and had to have a friend pick me up from the lot.

December 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for our dealership. We are very sorry to hear that your visit was less than desirable and deeply apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced. Customer service is very important to Camelback Volkswagen, and we invite you to call our General Manager so he may speak to you in greater detail about what transpired. Please call (602) 200-1200 at your earliest convenience to speak to Mark Exposito.