Bill Estes Chevrolet

4105 West 96th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46268

New 888-604-1279
Used 888-604-7198
Service 888-628-0128

"Bill Estes A Better Way to Drive"

Purchased used minivan

by from kokomo |

Fernando made the process comfortable and he was willing to work with me.

March 14, 2013

Thank you Dan for the feedback. We know you are enjoying your new vehicle and we appreciate your business.

Multi-Point inspection is a joke

by from Carmel, IN |

I came in with a perfectly aligned and balanced car. I had them do an oil change and tire rotation and went home with a car that vibrated like crazy, was pulling to the right, and stirring wheel made a noise due to tires' balance not being in good driving condition. Instead of fixing their mistake, the service agent's response was: "we do not do free tire balance". I was not asking for a free balance/alignment. That's not why I brought the car in. My car was fine in that regard. I find agent's attitude unacceptable, the report unacceptable, and the fact that he let me drive away in horrible driving condition unacceptable. Don't use this dealership for car maintenance.

March 27, 2014

Thank you for reviewing us online. I spoke with the Service Manager and after some investigation he stated the problem is a very bad tire. When we did a tire rotation we moved the bad tire to the front of the vehicle where it became very noticeable upon driving the vehicle. There is no way of knowing this in advance of doing a tire rotation. With all the roads in horrible condition this will continue to be an issue for many people. To eliminate the vibration we moved the bad tire back to the rear of the vehicle, even a balance will not fix it. Our multi-point visual inspection will never detect a vibration. For your safety we highly recommend you replace the tire as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please call Jim Harden our Service Manager.

Appointment? Lol!!!

by from Indianapolis in |

I set an appointment for an oil change at 10am and at 10:15 they took my car and said it would be an hour to an hour and fifteen min. I set up the appointment at 9:30 that morning and told them I would be waiting for my car. The problem is that it takes less then 20 min to change oil and filter. So I scheduled an appointment and was there 5-10 min early to sit and wait an hour before they could actually start changing my oil. If I wanted to sit and wait I wouldn't have made an appointment!!!

October 1, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. I am very sorry your appointment took longer than expected. We have recently change our appointment system and are working out all the bugs.Our goal is to get all our customers taken care of in a timely manner. With our complete oil change we also do a 27 point maintenance inspection and thoroughly look over the vehicle. This usually takes 30-45 minutes. Once more we apologize if this took longer than you expected with your vehicle. What can we do to make this up to you? Thank you, Jim Harden 317-872-3315

HORRIBLE Customer Service

by from Rockville IN |

I am a female who has worked "customer service" jobs my entire life. I have visited many car dealerships before and never been treated the way that I was treated at Bill Estes!! My boyfriend and I went to the dealership due to my interest in one of their used cars. After some back on fourth on numbers, our salesman went from trying to talk to my boyfriend, to trying to talk to me. I'm not a car expert and don't claim to be. I know that my boyfriend knows what he is talking about and trust that he is only trying to get the best deal for me. I had no interest in talking numbers with the salesman. That is my boyfriends department. The salesman started talking over my boyfriend in a rude manner, and talking to me. He was putting me on the spot, and making me feel completely uncomfortable. Once he realized he wasn't getting anywhere, he went to his financial specialist. After they talked for a few minutes, about how ridiculous we were being (we could hear them), they both returned to the desk. The financial guy was even ruder than the salesman. He was talking down to us, insulting us, interrupting us, and being unnecessarily aggressive. Needless to say, by the time we left the dealership I was in tears. I WOULD NOT recommend this dealership to anyone!!! I have never been treated with such disrespect!

March 14, 2013

Thank you for the feedback we appreciate knowing when things are not handled the way we train and expect them to be. Whether female or male we want our customers to feel respected and comfortable. I would like to bring this to the attention of the General Manager but can not do so without some information. Please contact me at judiem@billestes.com and hopefully we can stop anything like this from happening again. If you would at least give me the sales person name, finance managers name and possible date that you came in. Thank you so much, Judie M

Poor Experience Overall

by from Waveland, IN |

Went and looked and test drove a 2010 vehicle with 20,000 miles that we found on cars.com. Liked the vehicle but it had two big scratches down the drivers door and driverside back door that looked to be covered up with touch up paint. Also drivers door and driverside rear door didnt line up to each other. They first offered me $1000 less than fair trade in value for our car. Then was trying to get me to buy the car at full retail if they fixed the car. Sales manager "Joe" was pretty proud of himself. He comes over and says, he would give bottom trade in price, then drop the vehicle price 1000 if they fix the doors. I said not gonna happen. he spouts off "your being too picky." I said I know what that car is worth. He asks where am i getting my information from. I said research online, plus I have a buddy that sells for chevy, and Im not paying that much for that car. I can find them elsewhere cheaper, without covered up scratches and doors not lining up. He pretty much cut me off and said "im not going round and round with you, it a take it or leave it offer." it got left! Overall watch out what your doing. Research your car, look it over good, and watch out paying pretty much retail for them to fix something wrong with the car. One thing that stuck in my head as I left there. "Joe" says that they are aggressive to market price because they stand behind their used vehicles and they are checked over and serviced before they are ready to sell. I guess this one wasent, and they were wanting me to pay for it.

March 14, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. No used car is as good as a new one and to keep the cost down we perform a standard inspection and only repair what is necessary. There are times that used cars need a little cosmetic repair as well. In regards to trade in value, a professional appraisal along with consideration of cost and reconditioning the vehicle is never the same. Whether you compare against any online sources or even another dealership, we all have different cost involved plus the opinion of the appraiser to resale value. Part of every car deal is negotiation. It appears Joe and the salesperson addressed your concerns and offered you more for your trade in plus offered to fix anything on our car as well. We can not as a dealer incur all extra cost. The sales process is a give and take negotiation. Clearly you wanted to buy a perfect used car for less than retail and also have us pay you the exactly what you thought your trade was worth too. I am truly sorry we were unable to work things out in your favor. I do wish you the best in your journey. JudieM

Purchase of 2011 Suburban

by from New Castle, IN |

I had been looking for a good suburban for some time. I had checked our dealers up to 250 miles from my home. After looking over all the criteria and viewing a few vehicles, I chose to purchase from Bill Estes. I was very pleased with the purchase process and with my sales rep, Dustin. He did a fine job for us and my wife and I were very pleased with his service. I would recommend the dealership to anyone seeking a new or good used vehicle.

2011 Malibu 2LT

by from CICERO. IN |

Easy people to work with. Awesome selection and new and used vehicles. Friendly people and nice atmosphere. I love my new car and I appreciate all the help I received.. love me some BILL ESTES CHEVROLET!!

Great purchasing experience!

by from Brownsburg, IN |

Purchased a used Nissan Altima from Jim. Great experience with Jim Barrett and also with Jeff Haase. He got me a 2.9 percent rate and beat my credit union. I highly recommend this dealership. Nice, friendly and honest. I love my new Nissan.

Used Ford Excape

by from indianapolis, in |

Fair experience would recommend to friends and family.

Couldn't fix my car, then it was wrecked.

by from Indianapolis, IN |

Dealership tried (6) seperate times to fix a squeak in my engine compartment of my Corvette. Couldn't fix it. On the last visit, my Corvette was wrecked while on their property by one of their employees. The management was slow/unresponsive to communicate a plan to fix or replace my car until I got upset. They did end up giving me fair private party value for the car. I feel sorry for whomever buys that car thinking it is a prestine Corvette that hasn't ever been wrecked. I feel the management should have become involved after repeated service visits to fix the same problem and a sit down meeting should have occured when my car was wrecked. I was a 20 year customer but no more. Their management and customer service personnel need to be more involved. There are plenty of other dealerships to shop.

November 13, 2011

Here at Bill Estes Chevrolet it is our goal to have all of our customers completely satisfied with us during the repair process. Unfortunately in this case the noise the vehicle was making was extremely intermittent. Sometimes it was several days before we could get the vehicle to make a noise again and then it would last for just a few seconds. When noises or problems with vehicles are intermittent it is extremely hard to properly diagnose the problem. After the final repair attempt we were confident that we had the problem fixed and at no charge to the customer of course. On the final test drive it was raining and unfortunately our technician was involved in an accident. Obviously we were responsible for returning the customers car to him repaired and that is what insurance is for. In the interest of customer satisfaction we agreed to purchase the customers vehicle for several thousand dollars over trade in value. That is what the customer told us he wanted and so in a final attempt at making him happy we agreed. It is unfortunate that we lost a customer in this case. We appreciate all of our customers and work extremely hard to ensure they are completely satisfied with us. I am confident that no other dealership or repair facility would have went to the links that we went through to make a customer happy.