Penske Chevrolet

3210 East 96th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46240

New 888-753-0250
Used 888-750-5843
Service 888-789-8166

There are lots of promises out there, but there's only one Penske Promise...Only at Penske Chevrolet

Overall, A Good Experience

by from Indianapolis |

We got off to a rough start being given one of cheesiest sales representatives I've ever dealt with for the test drive. Being in sales myself, I chalked it up to the rep being new or in the wrong profession. We were pressured for the sale without even acknowledging our request for the repair cost of a seat warmer. We left w/o getting anything accomplished, and we were promised follow up. After a few days with no follow up, I requested a more tenured sales rep, and all was remedied. Bill Quinton was completely transparent and professional. He was prompt in providing us with the cost of the repair. We set up a time for paperwork, and he got us taken care a fast as the process would allow. We will be seeking Bill out in the future, and I have already given his card out to a few colleagues. I would highly recommend Penske Chevy.

Just trying to get my moneys worth.....

by from Indianapolis, IN |

I went to Penske Chevrolet because I saw a car on cars.com that I fell in love with. The salesman I got was VERY friendly and I enjoyed him a lot. But he was the only person in there I enjoyed. After meeting with him and going to another dealership that was offering me 2k more for my trade in, I decided to go back to Penske Chevrolet to see if we could work something out that I found enticing. After 2 hours of discussion and only going in circles we FINALLY came to an agreement. I started signing papers immediately and drove the car I wanted off the lot. When I was signing papers I asked the salesman when my boyfriend could come get my jeep to take off my aftermarket tires and wheels, and put the stock ones back on. He said wednesday or thursday. So I went back to work excited about the new car I just bought. But I realized I never got a paper stating "we owe your wheels and tires ::: you owe us stock" (the aftermarket wheels and tires was a huge thing to me and the sales manager was trying to screw me) Wednesday, I text messaged the salesman about the jeep to see if my boyfriend could come pick it up. He informed me that the sales manager wasn't there that day, and he could not find the jeep on the lot. I knew I only had three days to give the car back and get my jeep back no questions asked kind of deal. Thursday rolled around and my boyfriend showed up at 8:45 and drove around the parking lot looking for the jeep, which was nowhere to be found. Right when they opened the doors my boyfriend asked to have the keys to the jeep to take it back to his work to remove the wheels and tires and place the stocks back on. Well there was some confusion. The sales manager said I agreed to let them have the aftermarkets for $600!!!!! WHY would I do that for a set of wheels and tires that brand new are worth over 4k?!?! Before I signed the papers the sales manager said "you can keep your wheels" according to me AND the salesman that was my aftermarket wheels, the wheels I paid for. Not stock. So my boyfriend called me and told me they weren't letting him take the wheels back. After arguing with the rude, unprofessional sales manager I told him I'd be up there in 5 minutes to give him his car back. I showed up to Penske, and the sales manager Brett argued with me in the main lobby for over 10 minutes. I handed the keys back and told him I wanted my Jeep. After a bunch of arguing in front of people he agreed to my deal. Brett also claimed the Jeep was on the lot the entire time, that it never left the lot. My boyfriend got into the Jeep to take it to his work and he called me promptly telling me that it smelled like someone had been smoking in it and there were more miles than we left it with. Brett blamed the salesman for not looking hard enough for the Jeep, claiming it was on the lot in the back the entire time. Even though my boyfriend had 15 minutes to look for a one of a kind jeep in a parking lot and didn't find it. I got what I wanted, but I would never recommend going to buy a car here. Brett is very unprofessional when it comes to his job, and how he handles business. And he also smells like smoke, so I wonder where my Jeep went to wednesday.

Not impressed...

by from Indianapolis, IN |

Emailed a sales rep and told them I was going to be in. Went there to look at a car and walked around for 10 minutes. Call me old fashioned, but I expect to have sales people approach me, not me go looking for them. There are plenty of other dealerships out there. No one came to talk to me, and their employees even saw me. So I left.

Good new car experience

by from Indianapolis, IN |

I was able to get a fair price on a new 2013 Malibu that I found on cars.com. Overall I was pleased with the results.

AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL!

by from Indianapolis, IN |

It makes no difference if you make an appointment for any type of service at Penske. Even if you have a serious issue. There is no system for traffic to enter the garage properly. One woman came from a different direction and cut the line of 10-12 vehicles. There doesn't seem to be a limit to how many appointment they book at one time either. Once I came at open for an oil change. They open at 7:30 AM. My car wasn't ready until 12:30! For an oil change! On top of that, during the oil change the the working on my car broke something off they had to replace! During an oil change! They send me email all the time about service and trading in my vehicle. They address the emails to some man I don't even know! I replied and told them this. I got a response that it would not happen again, it did the very next day. Do yourself a favor, take your business elsewhere. I highly recommend Firestone off Michigan!

Great salesmen

by from Noblesville, Indiana |

I had a great experience and would not buy from anyone else but jered hart. Great service :)

Very friendly

by from Greenfield |

Buying my car was a very non-stressful task. They had the car I wanted and very friendly staff. Most of the paperwork was completed while I was out to dinner with my son for his Birthday, so when I returned all I had to do was spend 5 minutes signing papers and I was on my way.

This Is Why Car Salesman Have Such A Bad Rap.

by from Indianapolis, IN |

I had gone to Penske Chevrolet because I saw they had a used SUV in their inventory I was interested in. I called the dealership to let them know I was coming in to take in for a test drive and I was told to ask for a certain salesman. I went in the dealership a few hours later and asked for that salesman, only to find he was not there, so they introduced me to someone else. I took the SUV for a test drive, liked it and told the salesman that I would like to take it to my mechanic the next, so that he could check it out. The salesman went to ask his boss and returned to say that would be fine. I told the salesman I would return the next day at 2:00 p.m. The next day at approximately 2:00 p.m. I called the salesman to let him know I was about ten minutes away. Once I arrived I asked for that specific salesman and was told he was not there. In the meantime I was introduced to another salesman. I told the new salesman why I was there and he told me there was a problem. He told me I could not take the SUV for an inspection because there was another customer on there way to look at the vehicle. I then went on to tell him what had transpired the day before with the other salesman and the agreement to take the vehicle for an inspection. He went on to say he was sorry, but I had to wait till the other person came to look at the SUV. I again reiterated the conversation I had the previous day and said that "I am here now" and this other customer was not. He said there was nothing he could do. I went on to explain that I had made this arrangement the previous day and had come from downtown and had to drop my children off early in order to make this appointment. It still didn't matter. He also told me that the person coming to look at the SUV was a "good perspective buyer". Wondering what he meant, I said, I am a "good perspective buyer also". Nothing I went on to talk to a sales manager, who I thought would try to come to some sort of compromise. But instead he repeated what the salesman said but in an unprofessional manner. I did ask why they could not have called me to let me know, the vehicle would not be available at the agreed upon time, or could have told me when I phoned the salesman, I was on my way. He told me that they weren't sure if I was coming in or not and that he didn't know I had called a short time ago. Before I left, the sales manager inferred that it was my fault because he said "you could have purchased the vehicle last night" At that point I left very angry. After thinking about this situation more, I truly believe that they didn't want me to take the SUV to my mechanic, because they were trying to hide, that something was substantially wrong with the vehicle and my mechanic would find it. That is the only explaination I can find, for being treated so disrespectful and unprofesstional.

Very Bad Sales Service

by from Carmel, IN |

Went here to test drive a used car. Made it clear that I am still figuring out what I want to buy. The sales man had to ask me what my credentials were in buying a car. I gave him a few, thinking that would be enough. (I am a couple months shy of 23 years old with a full time job)(Never been asked this anywhere else) Most other dealerships are helpful in assisting the buyer in finding the right car. This place was not. Very bad experience. In the end could not test drive the car.

Nothing but a run around

by from Indianapolis, IN |

Wanted to buy a used vehicle from Penske Chevrolet, but the staff gave us the run around. Wasted our time on 3 different occasions. When discussing the loan, it changed every time. Discussing options as far as add-ons... yeah they changed every time as well. The loan they approved us for was ridiculous, a trip to our local bank turned up an interest rate at half the rate. Could be mistaken but I believe the "Bank of Penske" wanted this small loan to be a big gain.

Penske Chevrolet responded to this review

September 21, 2012

Please accept our apology for the way in which you were treated by our sales and finance department. Under no circumstances should a customer of ours be shown anything but the utmost respect. Thank you for bringing this problem to our attention. We are not taking your dissatisfaction lightly. In fact, your review has been forwarded to several key people in our organization, including our General Manager and Area Vice president . Please be assured that we are taking the corrective measures to prevent such occurrences in the future. I would like to resolve this issue and make things right, if you could please give me a call at 317-814-4453 to discuss. Thank you for your time, Andrea Taylor.