Tom Wood Subaru

Service 877-241-4319

The Car You Want, The Way You Want

Courtesy and Listening

by from Indianapolis, IN |

I was eligible for a discount on a new car at a different dealer but have visited Tom Wood Subaru for my service. I wrote them a sincere thank you note today and was asked if I would mind taking time for this survey. Gladly, I am doing that and it is due to their courtesy and professional manner toward me and my new car. Stoker Walsmith was my service writer and this is another thank you to him.

Too popular for their own good.

by from Carmel, IN |

While the finance department was running numbers on two cars I test drove (an Impreza Hatch and an Outback), I was informed that the Outback was now sold. The Outback was literally cleaned and prepped for me to test drive it. I went to lunch while they (Tom Wood Subaru) were doing this to give them more time. No one at any time (and I interacted with three great salesmen over the course of two days there) told me there was anyone else looking at the car. There was no sense of urgency. There was no warning. Nothing. While I understand this can happen, what made me mad was the ?manager?s? approach to the situation. He said, ?I can see why you would be frustrated. In my 20 years of sales, I?ve seen this happen before.? If you see something happen that's bad for customers, why not fix it? Why with their new gorgeous building, paperless push, and Microsoft Surface Tablets can they not have an inventory system that keeps track of who might have already put down a deposit on a car? I could do this with a white board. The worst part of the entire experience was the ?manager? I spoke with on the phone. Instead of trying to fix the problem (i.e. that they were trying to sell me a car that was already sold), he said it wasn?t a problem. Tom Wood Subaru wasted 4 hours of my time today to sell a car to someone else. I still want a Subaru. But since Tom Wood has a north side monopoly, I now have to start my car search from scratch.

Tom Wood Subaru responded to this review

November 8, 2014

My name is Bart Schlosser, and I'm the General Manager at Tom Wood Subaru. I spoke with jh92672in great detail about his sales experience at our store. As we can understand his frustration, the situation is a tough one. We did not pressure jh92672 to buy, if we would have, we would have come across as a high pressured / old school car dealer. We do not high pressure our clients, and we never will. No pressure situations though, on a highly demanded vehicle can come back and create a negative situation, which happened in this situation. It was our understanding that jh92672 was still "thinking" about his purchase when he left our facility. Many times, clients go through the exact same scenario as described by jh92672, and we never see or hear from them again, because they quickly find another vehicle that they purchase, which happens, and is understood. If we put a hold on a car while someone this thinking about the purchase, we are going upset the customer who is physically in our store and wants buy that same vehicle on hold, and wants to buy it now. Someone is going to be frustrated either way. Currently on Outback models, 80% of the models arriving at the dealership are pre-sold, having been ordered by a client. The 20% that do arrive unsold usually last less than 48 hours on ground at the dealership before they are sold. As a dealership, we even purchased an Outback for demonstration purposes only, because we can go days without an Outback model available on ground for sale. Even with the Outback model we use for demonstration only, we get customers frustrated that we will not sell that vehicle. Currently, the process we strongly suggest to customers is to pre-order an Outback model. It supports our low pressure business model, and clients get custom ordering on the exact Outback model they want. Wait times on ordering is between four and eight weeks. jh92672 stated he did not have the options available to him to wait, he had to buy very soon. We told him we understood.

Customer

by from Decatur, In |

Went to see an Audi whish was told was there but when we arrived the car was gone. Purchased an Audi else where.

AMAZING TEAM!

by from Brooklyn |

The guys at Tom Wood Subaru are GREAT! I was searching cars.com for a used Mitsubishi Montero and came across one at this dealership. These guys were so nice, I actually flew out from NY to make the purchase and drove it home. This was back in September of 2013. The truck has been great and they were too in making my purchase a pleasurable experience. All around good guys. They picked me up at the airport and talked me through the whole process and answered every question I had. My sales person was Josh and financial person was Kevin. Thanks so much! They also told me how their offices were in the process of switching to be totally GREEN just like the US Subaru plant! Awesome! Keep up the good work!

Great Experience

by from Bloomfield, IN |

We had contacted the dealership about our interest in a specific used car. When we arrived, the salesman was waiting for us right out front with our chosen car ready to go for a test drive. The whole buying process was quick and easy, the sales staff was friendly, and we found the car we wanted 2K cheaper than anywhere else we had looked. Very happy!

Excellent service after purchase

by from Indianapolis, IN |

I went for my first service at this dealer for my 2006 Subaru Baja. The service department provided me with a brand new Subaru as a "loaner" while my car was in for service - which is an extraordinary service given that I purchased the car used. When there was some confusion with my scheduled service time they let me keep the "loaner" an extra day to preform my routine service. My car was returned to me clean and ready to go - the dealer made every effort to accommodate me and make me comfortable. I purchased this car used from this dealer and initially was disappointed that I paid too much for the vehicle given it's age and condition, but I feel I am getting excellent support and service and I am no longer discontented by paying a premium for the car.

New Customer

by from Zionsville, IN |

This is the first time I've had my Subaru Outback serviced here, but it will not be the last. Not only did they work me into their schedule to get my vehicle serviced as a walk-in customer, they had it done in less time than they estimated. I had been in previously for a couple of minor issues, which the service staff checked out, gave me some advice and sent me on my way... without charging me any kind of fee. Everyone there was friendly, helpful and courteous. NOT your typical dealership service center! I've never felt comfortable getting a car serviced at a dealership, but that is certainly not the case here. I know where I will go first when I'm ready to buy my next Subaru.

New Car Purchase

by from Indianapolis, IN |

I just bought a new car from Tom Wood Subaru. It was a great experience, our salesperson, Keith was excellent! The only reason I didn't rate the "buying process" excellent was the hour or so wait to meet with the sales manager to sign all of the paperwork (however it was the end of the month, which is probably their busiest time). All in all it was a great experience and would purchase from Tom Wood Subaru again.

Delivered on Promise!

by from Indianapolis, IN |

I recently took my Subaru Forester to Tom Wood Subaru for service. I called for an appt. and spoke with Brandon. I explained to him that I had a very small window of time in my schedule to get the repair done and needed another vehicle to drive during the time they had my car. When I dropped off my car, a loaner was ready for me and the repair took exactly the time Brandon promised it would take and for the price I was quoted. It was definately a NO hassle experience thanks to Brandon and Josh in the Svc Dept. I will definately use them again and would recommend them to anyone!!!

Great Service

by from Indianapolis, IN |

We took our Subaru for it's 30,000 mile check and were offered a loaner, which is so rare and so nice. The service performed came below estimate and the job was done on time and well. Normally, I do not like to take my cars to the dealership after I've had them for a while, but I have never hesitated bringing my Subaru to Tom Wood for repair. I like the people, the atmosphere, the service and I love my Subaru so nothing but the best for it is what I get there.

"No-pressure" sales experience

by from Indianapolis, IN |

My husband and I just bought a 2014 Forester Saturday after doing plenty of research about makes and models online. We love the car and were treated very well by our salesman, David Kordes. He was absolutely professional and did not try to put any pressure on us even when we told him we wanted to compare the test-drive to a Honda CRV down the street before making up our minds. He let the brand speak for itself and gave us the respect to make our own decision. He also gave us a tour of the entire facility and the plans for their upcoming new "green" building and that was nice because we intend to use them for all service on the Forester.