Matt Slap Subaru

Service 866-556-9807

"We Go The Extra Mile"

I love my new Forester!

by from Elkton Md |

My wife and I are not easy to please. For the past 4 months now we have been shopping around different makes and models to make sure we got exactly what we wanted, at the right price. We stopped into Matt Slapp a few times during our search to test drive a few select models. Finally after shopping honda, kia, hyundai etc etc we both came to the agreement that a Forester would be best suited for us. Our salesman was a pleasure to work with. We got a quote online through their online department, and it was hard to compete with the price presented. So now we are happily driving around in our new car. They made the process *once we finally made a decision* quick and easy. I would most definatly recommend any friend or family to stop in. Great work by all involved.

June 16, 2014

Thank you so much for such a positive review, and Congratulations on your new Forester! Our sales team always aims to "Go The Extra Mile" and I'm glad that you got to experience this during your visit. We aim to turn every person that visits us into a repeat customer. Please continue to visit us whenever you have questions, and we'll continue to provide great service! Also, be sure to check out our Facebook and Twitter!

Seriously?

by from Oxford, PA |

I saw a used late model Outback for sale on the Internet at Matt Slap with less than 25K miles and at a low price. Went down to drive it last weekend. The car was loaded with scratches, the exterior was dusty and dirty, and the interior wasn't even clean. I commented to the salesman that I was surprised by the condition of the car vs what was shown on the listing and the response was simply "what do you expect in a used car?" I drove the car anyway, and the salesperson insisted on riding along. I'm not sure why he wanted to be there since he just sat in the back quitely with basically nothing to offer except the location of a local restaurant when I attempted to break the awkward silence. After the drive, I asked about other available Outbacks that were nicer. He had only one to show me. That one didn't seem to have as many scratches, but the exterior was also very dusty so it was hard to tell. I ended up going to another dealer, driving a couple of other used cars that were shiny and clean, and buying one of those. You guys really need to step up your game -- if you don't want to sell used cars, then don't.

August 5, 2014

At Matt Slap Subaru we always strive for total customer satisfaction and are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your recent experience. Our goal is to provide our customers with used cars that are clean and in quality condition, and apologize that the car you looked at was not up to quality standards. We recognize the importance of this matter and will be using your comments to improve our Sales Department to ensure this does not happen in the future. I'm sorry that we could not fulfill your automotive needs at this time, but hope that you will consider us in the future.

Avery happy with buying experience.

by from Elkton, MD |

After looking at many cars online, my husband and I visited Matt Slapp Subaru to test drive the Outback. Our salesperson Harry was extremely helpful and patient as we looked at different cars. He was a no pressure salesman and was able to answer all of our questions. We wanted to compare the Outback with the ride of a Jeep so we left there and went down the street to a jeep dealership, and came back and purchased the Outback. I was very pleasantly surprised with the no pressure sales and the friendliness of the sales team. Great job! This is our first Subaru and so far we are very happy. Karen

August 5, 2014

Karen, thank you so much for your review, and congratulations on your new Outback! Our sales team always aims to "Go The Extra Mile" and we are glad that you got to experience this during your visit. We look forward to seeing you soon, and please reach out to us with any questions about your vehicle or anything else you may need. Also, be sure to check visit us on Facebook for upcoming specials and event information!

Thank you Matt Slap and Han!

by from Newark, DE |

I had a very positive experience buying my car at Matt Slap Subaru because of my salesperson, Han Dervish. He was very helpful, curteous, and accommodating.

June 11, 2014

Ms Arleen, Thank you for not only taking the time to speak with me in person about what a great experience you had, but for also taking the time to put these kind words up for others to see. It is always so pleasing to hear when customers such as yourself have such a positive experience. I am happy to hear that Han was so great to work with. I will be sure to share your kind words with our team here at Matt Slap Subaru. We look forward to fulfilling all of your automotive needs moving forward. Be sure to "like" us on Facebook and "follow" us on twitter for new and exclusive savings happening every month. Best, Anthony Bingham - Marketing Administrator- Matt Slap Subaru - 302-453-9900

Nothing special here

by from Bear DE |

Just your typical car dealership poised like a vulture, ready to rip you off on your trade in. They know when they have something you want and will take full advantage of it. After making a deal on a Forester and while waiting to take delivery I expressed to my salesperson that I didnt feel as if I received a fair amount for my trade in. Leaving me to carry over $1300. I was informed that the only thing they could do for me was to cancel the deal. But I didn't want to cancel, I liked the vehicle very much. They didnt even offer a set of all weather floor mats after I expressed interest in them! I went through with the deal, picked up the car 6 days later driving off the lot with bad feelings.. Afterwards I was contacted by marketing and asked to write a review. I responded and told them of my feelings about my deal and told them I really didn't want to write a bad review. They responded quickly and asked me if there was anything they could do. I responded again and have yet to hear back anything. Its been over a week. So I guess they don't care about making me happy since the deal is done.

June 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit an online review. Any and all feedback is always appreciated. I do recall our email conversations back and forth, and I apologize for the miscommunication between you and I... but from your last email, I took it that we were okay. Your first email to me did express that you were not happy with the amount given on the trade. You stated that was your only complaint. I had replied and asked if there was anything that I could do for you, and was sure to provide you with my contact information. While I apologize that I am unable to change the price they gave you on your trade, I did reach out and ask what I could do. Nowhere in your email reply did you express interest in the all-weather floor mats...at least not to me. So again, I am extremely sorry for the miscommunication between you and I. Please feel free to give your salesman or myself a call and lets see what can be done for you. Hoping that we can get this issue cleared up for you in a timely manner. Warm Regards, Anthony Bingham Marketing Administrator Matt Slap Subaru 302-453-9900 anthonyb@mattslap.com

Thank you Dorian. :-)

by from Wilmington, DE |

Dorian made my car buying experience a truly amazing one. I told him what I wanted and he exceeded expectations. No games, no back and forth haggling. Completely drama free, stress free, easy, and pleasant. This is the very first time I was EVER able to describe any of my car buying experiences like . Matt Slap Subaru is truly blessed to have Dorian on their team, and I am grateful for the opportunity do business with such a pleasant and informative person. With a staff like this, accompanied with great deals I'll DEFINITELY be back and will DEFINITELY spread the word! :-) thanks again Dorian.

April 29, 2014

Tashell and Lyric, we are truly dedicated to providing quality customer service in all areas of our dealership. Thank you for taking the time to notice those efforts and for leaving such awesome review! I will be sure to share your story with Dorian and our entire sales team. Until we have the pleasure of working with you again please be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. All the Best!

Great Buying Experience Thanks Chris Montelongo!

by from Bear, Delaware |

I was shopping around for a new vehicle and narrowed it down to either a Honda CRV, or a Subaru Outback. Since I don't like the back windows on the new Hondas, I was gonna keep that visit second. I called Matt Slap Subaru and initially talked to one salesman who would take me on a test drive to help my decision. When I arrived, I saw that the salesman I talked to over the phone was busy with helping out financing other people and their vehicles, so I was initially turned off by the unavailability, but that was quickly rectified by talking with their salesman Chris Montelongo. He was just what I liked in this situation- No high pressure shenanegans. He was very well informed about the vehicle I wanted to check out(the Outback). I went for the test drive and my decision was already made. They had the vehicle and the specs I wanted, with the 6 cylinder engine which was available close by. They didn't have the first choice colors I wanted, but they had the third choice. The sale went very smoothly, and I bought the car with extra stuff I would have liked, but didn't deem necessary. In other words, We settled on a price, and the extra stuff wasn't added on or charged. I am very happy with my purchase, and would recommend both Chris and the dealership hands down.

April 11, 2014

Geoffrey! Thank you for your feedback. Reviews like this are always appreciated! So, thank you for stopping by and taking the time to write this positive review! Our team strives to always "Go The Extra Mile", and it's always rewarding to hear when we have succeeded at this. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again! Also, be sure to "like" us on Facebook, and follow us on twitter for exclusive savings and specials!!

Great Buying Experience

by from Newark De |

When my wifes van was hit while sitting in a parking lot, we figured rather than waste time and money on repairs, that we would put that money towards a newer, more reliable vehicle. After doing a little research and taking into consideration all of the snowy icy weather we have been getting, my wife and I decided to give Subaru a try. This is our first Subaru and I can safely say, that I do not think it will be our last. Matt Slap Subaru is just around the block from us, and it was such a great experience from the start. The first day we visited the dealership we were there just too look. We were not hassled, nor pressured into doing anything. They were quick to answer any and all questions and sent us home with e a few print outs of car fax reports. A week or so later, we stopped in again and that day, walked out with a newer car! We settled on a 06 model as we didn't need anything too fancy. Our salesman, Bryan was great. He helped us quickly, and knew his Subaru product. He made car buying easy, which can be rare nowadays. Sean, the finance manager was superb as well. He made sure we had everything that we needed, and knew exactly what to expect. I would recommend Matt Slap Subaru to all of my friends and family for a great car buying experience.

April 11, 2014

Elva, we are so glad that we could help you and your wife out. We will be sure to share your kind words with our sales team and recognize Bryan on a job well done! We hope that you will allow Matt Slap Subaru to continue on in the future will fulfilling all of your automotive needs! Be sure to "like" us on Facebook and follow us on twitter for exciting updates!

Great place to buy " the car of the year"

by from Newark,De |

My husband and I used Consumer Reports to research cars. We owned a Toyota FJ and a Toyota Prius V and were happy with both. Safety is important to us and after this terrible winter weather we also wanted cars that were great in the snow. If you go there use HARRY--- he has a great personality and sense of humor. We are now the proud owners of one Forester and one Outback!

March 17, 2014

Gail, Thank you for your kind words and the awesome 5-star endorsement from you recent visit! It's always great to hear back from a happy customer as we like to know when our hard work and effort are noticed by guests. I will pass along this review to the entire team as this will bring a smile to all of their faces. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and remember to find us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest specials and exclusive prizes!

Do Not But From These People

by from New York, NY |

I am soaked. Completely drenched. Would you like to know why? Because I bought a fully loaded 2014 Forester XT from Matt Slap and I just had to walk home in the pouring rain. I've had all the supposed "troubled" cars my entire life, Pontiac Firebird, Ford Mustang...yes, they were terrible in the snow/rain but they never left me hanging. We'd slide home, or take it slow, but we'd get there. I went to my car this evening and she wouldn't start because the battery was dead. It is a 2014, I bought this car because I wanted to get a car I could rely on in snow, and she's great - but how does the battery die in less than six months? What is happening here? What type of garbage is this dealership selling? The car came fully equipped with three substantial scratches, but I didn't want to make a big deal of it because I thought I was being particular, plus their answer was "it must have happened after it left the dealership". Right, I have a '97 Mustang with no scratches, but somehow I scratched this one up in a few days. Do not waste your time with place. I did my homework for nine months before I purchased, but I messed up. I messed up big. If you're on the fence, please just cross this place off your list, it'll be the best decision you ever make. If this e-mail leaves you with questions, please get in touch with me.

March 17, 2014

Dear Matt Slap Subaru Customer: I am very sorry to hear about the experience that you encountered at our dealership recently and the trouble that you had tonight. Your comments and satisfaction are important to us. Please give us a call so that we can get this worked out for you. We always aim to "Go The Extra Mile" here at Matt Slap and will do all that we can to make this right. Looking forward to speaking soon. 302-453-9900

Great Dealership!!

by from Near DE |

Bought a car from Harry at Matt Slap last weekend - couldn't have asked for a better experience. We walked in to someone opening the door to the building an introducing himself professionally. No pressure sales, no tricks, very enjoyable. Harry knew we were short on time and he was courteous to that without making us feel rushed. In and out within a reasonable amount of time, offered food and drink, patient with our questions. Great deal on a great car! Already had family from out of state coming to work with Harry for their purchase as well!

March 6, 2014

Matt, your positive feedback is sincerely appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others! We're happy to hear that our sales team was able to help in such a timely manner and that you enjoyed your time spent with us. Please keep Matt Slap Subaru in mind the next time an auto need arises as we are always here to help. Also, thank you for your referral! If you haven't already, visit us on Facebook and Twitter for access to exclusive content!