Newark Toyota World

400 Ogletown Rd, Newark, DE 19711

New 866-286-2808
Used 888-621-9964
Service 877-326-9159

Setting a New Standard 7 days a week!

Great service except for a few guys.

by from Newark |

All was GOOD for Toyota parts except for a few who don't want help customers and spend their time on the phone. I was kept there for an hour because one of the guy didn't want to work instead he kept on chatting, calling and browsing his phone. The guy who was on the second desk on date 6/2/14, that evening was the most useless and also the lady behind her. They should stop being on their phone and help customers. I give credit to all the others who work. They have a good public relation.

Truly Exceptional Experience

by from Newark, De |

Sales associate Chris was great and exceptional service keeps me coming back. Keep up the great work!!

Fantastic buying experience

by from Newark, DE |

I have purchased two vehicles from Newark Toyota World and had a great experience each time. I worked specifically with Edwin and the buying process was quick and smooth. I also really appreciated that the managers were involved and willing to do their best to make my deal worth it. The dealership really want above and beyond to make it a positive experience and that's exactly what it was. I have recommended Newark Toyota World to many of my friends and I know several of them have purchased cars from there and have the same type of review as mine. Keep up the great work!

They just did not do the work they charged me for!

by from Newark, DE |

Newark Toyota World charged me to flush the transmission in my Lexus ES. Three months later I find out that the fluid in the transmission was filthy dirty, no way could it only be 3 months old (I've only driven the car about 1000 miles in 3 months). The mechanic who did the work no longer works there. It is obvious he simply did not do the work. The manager could care less. I was told the car needed an entirely new transmission.... but it turns out, it only needed a new transmission filter. If the flush had been completed, like I paid $192 dollars for, the filter would not have even been clogged. We've been going to Newark Toyota World for years. In the past year, their level of service has plummeted. Their integrity is gone. Buyer beware!!

Terrible repair service

by from Wilmington, DE |

I have lots to tell but to sum it up I'm sick of this place too. Always much more than you take it in for. 40,000 miles ago they "say" they replaced a steering rack that was leaking......after being suspicious of different things going on we found a very honest local mechanic and he actually showed us it was leaking and needed to be replaced. Obviously we were charged $1,100 for a repair that didn't happen 40,000 miles ago. They didn't even want to hear it. has a one year warranty I think they said....well...we barely drive it to get any wear out of it. years surpassed the mileage of the repair. Our other truck needed a AC system. They wanted to charge $1,300.00 but the mechanic offered to do it on side for $300.00. What's that tell you?. Just not trustworthy for repair service at all.

A five hundred dollar oil change

by from Wilmington, de |

Every time I bring my car in for an oil change it ends up costing me five hundred to a thousand dollars. I refuse to pay this, I come in every three thousand miles and it just gets old. They always "find something wrong" with a belt that costs 140 bucks, and my brakes need replaced, when I just had them replaced within two years. The technician said he couldn't find where they replaced the brakes, conveniently IMHO. The filters are always dirty and for two hundred bucks they'll replace them. I am so sick of them, I think I will take my car to jiffy lube. They also make you make an appointment and I'm still sitting here an hour later. Who knows what they are doing.

Horrible

by from Newark, DE |

We bought our Lexus ES 330 at Newark Toyota World and I work on all my other cars but wanted to be good to it by having routine authorized service performed there. I've had some recent concerns, like during the last service they said the power steering was leaking and it needed a new rack....$970....also an "upper radiator hose"...$84. The hose turned out to be a $2 overflow hose from the overflow tank, and I topped the fluid and can't see any steering leak. The deal breaker happened this week when the alternator went bad during my wife's commute. The car had to be towed to the dealership, where again, I went for the sales pitch for the new alternator....$524 ($374 + $150 labor). After I picked it up I realized that they installed a re manufactured Denso unit that Advanced sells for under $200. I'm done with all of Newark Toyota World.

profit over customer service

by from Newark,DE |

It's a shame that a $500 profit is worth more than retention of a customer. We have an 02 Toyota Rav 4 which is known to have problems with the ECU unit. Toyota settled a class action suite regarding these models. We developed problems with shifting of the vehicle and immediately contacted and then took it to Newark Toyota for service before the check engine light even signaled a problem. We have had all major service repairs performed there. Our vehicle was past the extended warranty for this claim but only had 74,000 miles on it. We approached the asst service manager-Fred about giving some consideration in light of the fact that it is a known manufacturer defect but were refused. Wouldn't it be worth giving it to the customer at cost or a reduced fee to retain them for future business? I guess not. So Toyota will not be on our list when it comes time to re-purchase.

Arrogant sales manager, James King

by from Wilmington, DE |

Was met by a sales professional, worked out a fair deal on a vehicle but I was not buying that day and informed him that by the end of the week I would be making this purchase, Sales Manager James King then stepped in and said he would nor honor this deal if it was not purchased today, long story short, The following day I purchased from another dealer, Mr King needs to realize that I as a customer can and did go elswhere.

Strongly Dislike !!

by from Elkton,Maryland |

At first it was nice but once our new 2011 car was bought, everything went down hill. The employees here are rude. It seems as if they don't have time for questions or comments. It seems to me and my husband like they don't care! The service is also the same, the girls at the cashier look mad all the time. The only nice person was the young lady at the rental desk. It get pretty annoying with you have to take your car back 3 times for the same repair. Toyota world need to hire people that know what there are doing.