Bob Smith Toyota

3333 Foothill Blvd, La Crescenta, CA 91214

Great service

by from La Canada |

Staff and management friendly. Service great and efficient.

Dealership labor charges?all dealers?are too high.

by from Sunland, CA |

Why did the labor charge (for a job that took approximately two hours from the time I was informed that the tech had received the parts from the parts supplier, until I was called and informed that the job was done) cost $460.00? The parts (aftermarket A/C condenser coil, plus assorted fittings and O-rings, plus a FACTORY dryer) cost $288.15. The LABOR cost more than the PARTS! Combined, the cost for the A/C repair, using some aftermarket parts, cost $748.15 (plus tax). The original quote (with all FACTORY parts) would have cost around TWICE that (which I had refused for that very reason). For one thing, all the parts that would have been put into the repair would have actually BEEN aftermarket parts; I seriously doubt that Toyota has NEW A/C parts for a 1997 Tacoma just lying around somewhere. The only difference is, that the aftermarket parts with the Toyota Seal of Approval (and guarantee) are charged at a higher price. However, to my point: the amount charged for labor on ANY CAR REPAIR (at least at all dealers I've ever encountered) is based on an industry manual that specifies how long it SHOULD take for the slowest mechanic to do a repair job acceptably. And, no matter how short a time it ACTUALLY takes to do the job, the amount stated in the manual is the amount that's charged. In principle, it sounds like a good idea; in practice, it can, and sometimes does, amount to price-gouging. In this case, had I opted for the FACTORY (labeled and approved) replacement parts I would have gotten basically the same thing as the unbranded aftermarket parts, but at twice the price. My '97 Tacoma's fair market value is probably less than the cost would have been for the all-factory-approved-parts repair. At this kind of pricing, the labor charge is right up there with the hourly rate for attorneys or physicians. The people who BUILD the cars don't make this much per hour! If the assembly labor was figured in at the same hourly rate as the repair labor, no one could ever afford to buy a new car in the first place. I suppose that part of the hourly charge pays the mechanic's salary, and part of it goes to the Dealership itself to cover tools, supplies and work uniforms. This is not meant as an indictment of Bob Smith Toyota; I have always been treated well there, and the repairs I've had done there have been well done. I just don't like paying as much for car repair as for minor surgery, but then again, maybe that's what it IS in one way. My old '97, however, is not THAT complicated.

Great customer service

by from Palmdale |

The best dealer and the best customer service. First time that I have a good experience buying a car, the sales person was great and very helpful "Marcos Sarrael" explained all the options and gave me good advises, I bough hybrid plug in Prius and I am very happy with it. This is a five star dealer I'll give a 10 to this dealer. I recommend this dealer.

Bob Smith Works With Your Credit

by from Los Angeles, CA |

Bob Smith Toyota worked with my credit score which is under 700 due to a loan. They were cordial and appreciated my business. Thank you so much.

Great place for any car experience!

by from Sim valley, ca |

This is the 4th car I have bought there and everyone from Jesse my salesperson, to everyone I had the pleasure of dealing with was fantastic . Would definitely refer my friends and family.

Prius A/C repair

by from Sunland, Ca |

The car was repaired on time and slightly UNDER estimate. While the bumper was off they replaced the headlights as they are expensive to replace by themselves. All in all a happy experience.

great service

by from Montrose, CA |

I began with a great sales rep - SAKO - who was easy and fun to work with, and seemed to "get" what I was looking for. I'm very happy with my (slightly used) car, and have been very happy with the onlgoing bob smith Toyota service.

great experience buying used car

by from glendale,ca |

thanks to SAKO my sales agent. he helps me a lot to get my used car even I have my 10 months old baby with me. he's a nice person and caring he knows how to handle business even if you have baby with you. thank a lot SAKO take good care always ... mike

Great experience.

by from La Canada, CA |

Just bought a 2012 Sienna lease back from Bob Smith Toyota. The car is immaculate, just what we were looking for. The deal was right and the salesman, Ron Smith, our usual go-to guy, was his usual best. This is the 4th or 5th car we've bought from them over the years and they've rarely let us down.

great buying experience

by from burbank, ca |

Bought a used 2012 Toyota Yaris here last August. Salesperson Jesse Barraza was the best. Honest, courteous, up front, no pressure. Car was clean and well-presented. The whole process took about an hour and a half. Very pleased with the car so far and the service. I highly recommend this dealership.