Checkered Flag Volkswagen Hyundai

(2.7) 3 Reviews

3025 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452

Poor Customer Service

by from Virginia Beach |

. I have been a customer of Checkered Flag for the past 24 years and have bought my last 5 cars from your dealership. I have also brought my cars to be maintained and worked on by your facility and consider myself to be a loyal customer. However, I have to admit, I think I will be taking my business elsewhere due to poor customer service and lack of professionalism by your employees at Checkered Flag Hyundai, Virginia Beach. It all started when I tried to make an appointment online and the website was not working correctly. Some of the windows that opened did not have a scroll bar to view the whole page and I didn?t know if I had filled out the appointment form correctly. When using another device the same thing happened so I deducted it was on your end and not the computer. I finally just sent an email expressing my concern and someone called me back to confirm a time for my appointment. (First problem, technical issue on website, and the gentleman who called me back mentioned it wasn?t the first time he heard that. OK, then what are you doing to fix it?) My appointment was on September 13, 2013, 3 p.m. for an oil change. It was a wait appointment, not a drop off. I arrived at 2:50, and was waiting for about 10 minutes before being helped by Michael Williams, the Asst. Service Manager. My usual advisor is Amanda Hayslett, who is absolutely fabulous. Mr. Williams gave my keys to another gentleman to do a pre-inspection of my vehicle while the paperwork was being printed. I reviewed the paperwork and noticed the license plate was wrong, it was a plate we had 5 years ago. After all the times we have brought the vehicle in, and I have paperwork from your dealership with the correct plate, why the difference? Another technical glitch? Really? Then I looked at the walk-around done while checking in and the guy wrote down the wrong date. Instead of 9-13-13?he wrote 9-14-14. Really? Are you that off with your dates? This seems like simple mistakes but they add up to incompetence. Let me continue. The service was performed and it was time to check out. Mr. Williams showed me the Multi-Point Inspection Report and also had another paper with test results from my battery indicating data about my battery that I should be concerned with. Without getting into detail or explaining what it meant, he simply suggested I should further look into the battery at a later date. Later in the evening I went through the paper work looking for the battery test results. I wanted to go online and learn or read about what my problem was or what the results were indicating. I could not find the paperwork with my receipts. The next morning on September 14, I call Hyundai service about my battery results hoping to get information over the phone. The lady who answered just does scheduling but offered to transfer me to my tech named Sean. I told her Sean was not my tech, Amanda is, but a guy named Williams helped me. She insisted that?s what her screen says and continued to transfer me anyway. No one answered, I left a message with my name and number but no return call. So I decide to drive down the 20 minutes it takes to get there. I walk in and lo and behold, Mr. Williams is there. (This could have been avoided if the receptionist believed what I told her and tried to get me in touch with Mr. Williams like I had asked) I re-introduced myself to Mr. Williams. I explained how I was looking for the battery results to do my own research but didn?t find my copy and wished for another. Mr. Williams responded that I don?t get copy, that they keep a copy with my paperwork after they show me the results. I disagreed and found a blank report sheet and showed him right on the sheet where it is plainly printed right under the ?Battery Performance? it says, ?Attach Battery Test Results?. Mr. Williams responded with an ?Oh, well you will have to come back on Monday.

Checkered Flag Volkswagen Hyundai responded to this review

September 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. At Checkered Flag, we hold our employees to high standards to provide the best customer service possible, and it is unfortunate that your experience did not live up to our expectations. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so I can try and mend your relationship with our dealership. Your feedback will help us grow our business in the right direction. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Gena Goodnough - Hyundai VW Service Manager - 757-490-1111

Awesome Experience

by from Kitty Hawk, NC |

After researching on-line we decided to purchase a Hyundai Elantra. Made an appointment, met the salesman and within the hour we had test driven the car and started the paperwork. A really painless and pleasent experience. Something I was really not looking forward too turned out to be something quick and easy.

Know your lot...It's your job.

by from Virginia Beach, VA |

I came in to test drive (and possible buy) a '10 or '11 Genesis Coupe. I had a few requirements that I had in mind and after going to find a representative to help me, I told him these. I was looking for a manual transmission R-spec 3.8L with navigation. He told me that it wouldn't be a problem. He took me around the lot of about 50 Hyundai's, and whenever we got to a Genesis Coupe, he looked inside as though he had no idea what was in his lot only to be disappointed that it was had an automatic transmission. After 3 times of this, he excused himself to go inside to look on the computer system to see if there were any on the lot. He found one that was a manual 3.8L but not an R-spec. I settled to test drive this one. I loved the way it drove but could not help wondering how the R-spec would have driven. They told me that they would look and call when they found what I was looking for. I haven't gotten an e-mail or a phone call from the dealership. Moral of the story, your job is to know everything about all the cars on your lot and where your cars are located. It may have been a bad salesperson, but I've never seen a dealership that knew so little about what was on their lot.