Hartford Toyota Superstore

Service 888-611-2795

We've Got the Power!

Terrible customer service

by from South Windsor ct |

My overall buying process was terrible if you see Luis the saleman just run the other way. When I picked up my car it was dirty hardly washed and although I hadn't purchased it I was pressured to complete sale even when I had concerns. Very pushy and very sketchy staff. No one returns phone calls from this dealership you are bounced around the voicemail system. I had an issue with my radio several days after I purchased the car, Carl in service said he would order me a radio and fix the issue promptly but that was back in April it's now august and I still haven't received a call back and continue to leave voicemails with no response. When I contacted my salesperson Luis I have the same problem. One major selling point was because I was local and had small children they would come pick up my car for service but now that I ask for this to be done it's become a problem and I need a coupon. Overall I went to Hartford Toyota because my sister bought her truck there. I could never recommend this dealership to anyone because they lure you with promises but never deliver. Just common courtesy and customer service are lacking. I actually hate that I have to deal with them at all. Completely dissatisfied and disappointed.

Bait and switch?.

by from Hartford, ct |

Run from this place. Made a deal with the owners son after shopping around. Told other dealers I had bought the car. A week or so later the owners son told me "jimmy" the gm thought I was getting too good of a deal. Imagine that. Then "jimmy" became rude, belligerent and threatening. The owners son? No where to be found. Went to another dealer. Much happier. Just a terrible experience. Toyota is a great product. These people just don't represent it we'll, in my opinion.

Best Toyota dealer ibn state

by from West Hartford, CT |

Was never a Toyota owner. Two years ago went in on a lark to look at a Prius. Met Rich the owners son. What a great guy. Took the time to educate me, no hard sell or pushy tactics. Really enthusiastic and knowledgeable. After haggling for my best deal, went to Hoffman, Stephens and Basile- They all laughed at me and claimed I was lying on the deal i got. Went back and bought it at Hartford Toyota and have had no trouble since, Rich spent over an hour going over the features in the car and set up the Entune and bluetooth. Went back last year for a second Prius for my son- same great service and deal. They know me when I call and always are friendly and helpful. Provide me with loaner during service as well. Now in the market for another Toyota and I know where I will be heading. Went from an Audi/BMW owner to now 3 Toyotas in 3 years.Talk about building loyalty- Hartford Toyota has done it.

Pushy Salesman

by from Hartford, CT |

Used dealer on-line quote request. Within the system it specifically asked how you wanted to be contacted. I stated via E-mail and within a few minutes I instead recieved a phone call pushing very hard for me to visit the dealer. Saleswoman would not give quote like the online system offered. Withing a couple of hours the saleswoman called me 4 times pushing for the face to face visit. The result is I went to another local Toyota dealer to purchase the car that did what they promised and did not play pushy salesman.

March 23, 2014

Thank you for reviewing us on line and making us aware of your unpleasant experience. We do take your comments very seriously and I would like to look into this further. Since your review is kept confidential I would need a bit of information from you to look up the inquiry. Please contact me directly at 860-278-5411 ext. 105 or at jbruno@hartfordtoyota.com. Best Regards, Jill Bruno- Business Development Manager, Hartford Toyota

Not a Big Fan

by from Hartford, CT |

I took my car for it's 15K mile check during my lunch break and it took well over two hours. I asked for a quote on my passenger side mirror-- was quoted $100 but then was informed the quote didn't include the back section of the mirror missing. I put this in the survey and someone from customer service kept calling me to 'rectify' the situation and really she just called to argue with me (which I find incredibly hilarious and ironic--why call at all!???) The Customer Service Rep that called was defending why I had to wait for my service check and defending the employee that mis-quoted me-- I don't need a phone call to hear your excuses, how about if you don't have a suggestion to help how I feel about your business don't contact me at all!

March 5, 2014

Dear Amanda, My name is Chip Benyi, Service manager at Hartford Toyota. The experience during your visit to our service department does concern me. I am not familiar with the situation and if you do not mind, I would like to discuss it with you further. We do follow up after each visit and I would like to make sure these calls are productive rather than repetitious. Please email at cbenyi@hartfordtoyota.com or contact me directly at 860-278-5411 Best Regards, Chip Benyi- Service Manager- Hartford Toyota

Aggressive, high pressure and unprofessional

by from Connecticut |

I requested a quote online and was contacted by Online Sales Manager Michael. If I had known I'd be bombarded with persistent, aggressive and unprofessional emails and voicemails, I would have never asked for the quote! Although I must say, it was quite humorous to receive an email from him with the subject line "Emailing to much?" (nice typo, right?) To say the least, this guy needs a lesson on customer service. He's not going to find himself making too many sales with his high-pressure sales tactics and script emails.

i was never even contacted

by from newington, ct |

put in a request for more information through cars.com and was never even contacted by this seller. at all. its been weeks. found a car elsewhere.

August 29, 2013

Dear Erin, I apologize you were not contacted by our staff. We do pride ourselves in responding within one hour of an online request however looking up my records, I do not see an inquiry from the first name Erin in my system through Cars.Com. I would like to rectify the situation to confirm if this was an error on our part or if we did not receive the request to begin with. With Best Regards, Jill Bruno Business Development Manager, Hartford Toyota.

13 tundra

by from Cheshire ct |

I have been looking for a new tundra for months now and when I found one here it was the best price in the state. I have had fantastic service from everyone at this dealership. I got what I asked for on my trade and paid what I wanted for the truck. Rich the sales manager was very helpful. He gave me personal car to drive while my truck was being detailed and did whatever I asked for. I will be buying all my cars from him from now on.

Still looking for a car

by from Plainville, CT |

Found a great Prius online and went test drive it. We already own a Prius but they gave us the entire sales presentation anyway. We tried to work through the financing and was told that they would give us a call by noon the next day to work out the final deal (it was getting close to my 1yo bed time so we had to leave without finishing). That was four days ago. Still have not heard back from them.

The worst

by from Hartford CT |

Tried to buy from them. They could not get the car I wanted, but repeatedly told me it was coming in in a few days. Weeks would go by. The next time it would be issues with paper work at the other dealer from whom they were getting it. After a few months I asked for my deposit back and had to fight for weeks to get it. I will never step in there again.