Hendrick Acura Overland Park

Used 888-835-1270
Service 888-896-2034

Outstanding Customer Service

by from Overland Park, KS |

My wife and I just completed our second new car purchase from Hendrick Acura within the last two years. This was our third new car purchase from the Hendrick (formerly Superior) Acura and we have found their dealing to be fair and their attention to the details associated with a trade-in/new car purchase to be outstanding. They truly care about their customers being satisfied and go out of their way to make certain that happens.

Consistently outstanding customer experience

by from Shawnee, KS |

I keep getting extraordinary service from Hendrick Acura! Today I brought my TL in for an oil change. They took care of that, and Service Consultant Tom Seeling even found that my battery wasn't to their standards, so he had it replaced free under the warranty. Great quality guy in every way. I have never been so pleased with an auto experience in all my 40+ years of driving. I felt Michael Libby worked hard to get me an excellent deal, and the whole service experience has been exemplary. Most of all, I LOVE this car!!!!

Great Experience

by from Wichita, KS |

We live in Wichita, KS and purchased a 2005 Acura TL in November of 2012. It was one of the best use car buying experiences we've had. It was an internet sale and the internet sales rep (sorry don't remember her name) did a great job of describing everything about the car. When we got there, it was exactly as described. We were then handed off to the Flip one of the sales reps who was very professional. The internet sales price was very fair and transparent with links to other use car pricing guides. The price was so fair there was no haggling needed. We still talk to your friends about our experience at Hendrick Acura in Overland Park, and our next Acura purchase will start there

January 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. I (Jenny the Internet Sales Manager) really enjoyed working with you. We hope you are still enjoying your TL, and that you will contact us if you ever have any questions or concerns about your vehicle. Flip is definitely an asset to our store. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will come say "hi" if you are in the area!

Always left happy

by from Kansas City |

I cannot believe the poor ratings I am seeing/reading on here. I have bought not one but two pre-owned Acuras from the then Superior Acura. I cannot speak of the New Car department but the Used department is willing to work with you. If I am in the market of purchasing an Acura, I see a guy named Chip. I do kind of have a problem with the last time I was in the New Car lobby, seemed like I knew the cars more than one of the salesmen. To his credit he did admit he came over from another Hendrick dealership and just started working with Acura, but still do your homework. Overall though, I am in the market of buying a new car soon and the same three usual suspects (Lexus, Acura, Infiniti) are being mulled over. If I choose an Acura, I can't imagine why it wouldn't come from Hendrick.

December 10, 2013

Christian, Thank you for your feedback! It's possible you are thinking of Flip, in our pre-owned department. He's been here quite a while and has a very loyal following for his professionalism. Hendrick Acura Overland Park is pleased to have him on our team, and you as a customer. Thanks Again! Hendrick Acura OP

Shamelessly sleazy

by from Kansas City, MO |

I bought a used Acura RSX S-Type from them back in 2008. They did all the standard sleazy sales pressuring stuff. Told me someone else was going to buy the car any minute, blah blah blah. I walked out every time they did it. Then they would have to call me back and lower the price again. When we finally got passed those games they tried to get me to let them finance it. I told them I was already approved at four different banks and only had 30 min. They said they were sure they could beat anything else being offered. 45 min later they then took me into the dealership managers office and closed the door to do the high pressure thing. Telling me no one would ever fiance me but they had manged to pull a miracle and get me approved for a mere 15%. And continued pressuring me about how no one would give me a loan. My credit was more than strong enough for me to get a home loan with no problems during the sub-prime melt down with no issues, and four banks had already approved me for the loan. He would not let up. So I walked out again. They ended up calling back again and dropping the price some more. I brought a check in from my bank with the loan note showing %6 rate (great rate at that time) and we closed the sale. Then AFTER the sale was closed they brought out a hand written disclosure document demanding that I falsely sign it. I could not believe how shameless they were about it. Eight months later the engine died. All their service deportment would say was that the oil had all mysteriously disappeared from the engine, and that it had not burned out or leaked out. So I can only conclude they did not check or change the oil before selling it as part of their "Acura Certified" program. Run, don't walk away.

September 27, 2013

Brian, thank you for your feedback. Although none of the managers from 2008 are still with us, we wish to address your concerns directly. We invite and encourage you to contact our General Manager directly. Please call us at 913-648-5888 at your earliest opportunity.

Company unwilling to work with me

by from Kansas City, Kansas |

In my haste purchased a car that was too large to fit in my garage dealer was unwilling to work with me or financial instruction in trading for a different car. Found out afterwards 2 co-workers had bad experiences also

April 18, 2013

We understand that purchasing an automobile is a big decision, one that must not be entered into in haste. We make every effort to discover our customers' needs in our sales process because we want them to have the right car for their needs and desires. Many times our customers will be concerned about how well the car will fit in their garage, and we are more than happy to either take the car to them or let the customer take it to their garage to be certain. We are sorry that concern was not made known to us at the time. We try to work with our customers in every way possible. we are sorry you've been disappointed.

Great Experience Overall

by from Eudora, KS |

We found a car online, scheduled a test drive, and worked out a deal. Our Sales Consultant (M. Libby) was very easy to work with and respectful of our time and budget. There was great communication from the Internet Sales Manager (J. Scullin) and there was no hassle. And once we were ready to close the deal, the Assistant Sales Manager (L. Williams) had all the information and documents ready ahead of time so it took less than an hour. The car is in incredible condition and all the maintenance promised was done and ready for pick-up. The overall experience was great and we would recommend this dealership.

August 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words, KUGarcia! Hendrick Acura Overland Park is fortunate to have representatives like Mike Libby, Jenny Scullin, and Lynwood Williams working for us. We always want to give the best service possible, and it's nice to hear that we got it right.

We will not buy a car from Hendrick Acura again.

by from Cape Girardeau, MO |

My first interaction was with the Internet sales division - I knew what I wanted so we settled on a price. So far so good. I applied for credit online - approval was quick and easy. I sent in my insurance cards and provided my $500 deposit by phone. No problems - we're feeling good! We even arranged for a friend to fly us into the Johnson County Airport and the dealership agreed to pick us up. Again, a gold star until then... We arrived at the dealership and test drove the car. It was clean and we liked it except that it pulled to the right just a bit and our salesperson said he would have the wheels aligned while we were filling out paperwork. Well...apparently none of the information that I provided for the purchase online made it to the salesman. Additionally, the credit application I completed and received approval for online didn't follow us. Getting the deposit refunded on our credit card was an act of Congress and the financing office took FOREVER to type up documents that we were assured would be ready when we arrived. 3 hours later...we're ready to get back to the airport to now fly back in the dark. We go to get in the new car and...there's hardly any gas in the tank and the wheels had still not been aligned. In three hours. Seriously? So, the salesman did the right thing: he took us to a gas station, filled up the tank and agreed to write a check for an alignment at home if we send him the bill. I hope he makes good on that promise. Bottom line: LOVE the car, but we're glad we don't have to work with the dealership again. It was NOT the quick, easy process we were promised...quite the opposite. Do yourself a favor and avoid Hendrick Acura in Overland Park, Kansas.

August 5, 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We try to make every deal as easy as possible for the customer, and when we fail, we want to know. Would you contact us to let us know how things have gone since your purchase?

Finally Fixed!

by from Lenexa, Kansas |

We purchased our MDX from the other Acura Dealer here in Kansas City, but when we went in for service it was like we were in a different country? Our problem didn't seem like a big one but I guess it was to these guys. Anyway we got tired of waiting for the other dealer to call us to see how they wanted to proceed with our in warranty repair on a car with 6,400 miles on it. I called Adam at Hendrick Acura and he told me to bring it in that same day. I was in a loaner and our repair was made and updates to transmission were made. Picked up our car the next day. It was even washed. I guess the other guy's were too busy? Thanks again Adam for the great service!!!

August 5, 2013

Thanks for the great comments, mwkjr! Adam is a big asset to Hendrick Acura Overland Park, and we are so happy that we could be of service to you. We hope to be your "go-to" dealership for sales and service in the future!

NEVER Buy a Car here!!!

by from Overland Park, KS |

This dealership is what gives car dealerships a bad name! The sales manager lied to us about terms on our vehicle. It was a horrible experience and I felt scummy after being there. NEVER go here!!

August 5, 2013

Disappointed, We take all reviews seriously, positive or negative. Could you share with us exactly what happened and what the circumstances were? You say you purchase from us, we'd love the chance to improve our relationship with you.