Hendrick Acura Overland Park

Service 866-906-0941

Largest indoor pre-owned showroom in Kansas City

Great Experience

by from Kansas City Kansas |

I purchased a certified pre owned Acura TL about a month ago and was not only pleased with the vehicle I was equally pleased with the salesman, finance manager, the credit manager etc. I went to the auto dealer prepared to be haggling and stressed out however it was far from unpleasant. Kudos to this organization, i will definitely be a return customer and highly recommend you guys.

December 17, 2014

On behalf of our General Manager, Sam Sammur, and our entire team, we'd like to thank you for taking the time to send your feedback and to share your experience. We truly value your business and are looking forward to working with you in the future. Congratulations on your new vehicle!

First Time Acura Buyer

by from Overland Park, KS |

The dealership did a great job of not being too 'pushy', which I value greatly. Ed Plisner, salesman, listened to what we wanted in a car (we weren't 100% certain yet) and took the time to take us out in a brand new TLX. It was great as he didn't waste too much time talking about the car - he let the drive speak for itself, while pointing out the options and aspects of the car one may overlook without a 'trained eye'. Eventhough the dealership was closing when we returned, he was willing to allow us a test drive of a preowned TL, after hours! That was great service as we have two small kids at home and time without the children to run errands such as this is hard to come by. We weren't ready to buy at that time and Ed followed up over the next week or so enough to show he wanted our business, but not too much to be annoying. He also followed up with information related to 2014 TLs that were coming on the sales floor as that is what we decided we wanted. Ultimately, we did buy a nearly new 2014 TL, which was coming out of their loaner program. Ed was pretty straight forward on the negotiations as was the manager that day. They offered above what I was expecting for my tradein and didn't inspect it with a microscope like some other dealers. Closing day was pretty efficient (again, helpful with having the two young kids). They had the car detailed and waiting in the showroom to look over. The paperwork took a little time, but not much. Their financing department was able to get better rates than USAA and other financing sources I checked (my credit is very strong, so their ability to source better rates was impressive). Ed threw in the all weather mats, which I believe is a 'standard' for preowned cars there. The closing process was relatively smooth and low pressure, for the most part. The sales pitch for the additional 'warranties' was a little off putting, but that is where dealerships make a lot of money, so I understand. Ultimatey, when I said I wasn't interested, the sales pitch was backed off. In all, I didnt feel pressured, which is refreshing in a car dealership. Ed spent the time going over the features of the car again before I left. He offered and did set up my phone blutooth and other items. He also gave me a few courtesy follow up calls to make sure everything was satisfactory. All in all, had a very pleasant experience. Felt the team treated me with respect and was fairly transparent and friendly throughout the process. Again, didn't feel pressured like I did at other dealerships. I get the feeling that Hendrick truly values their clients and is willing to go the extra mile to make them happy.

Patient, attentive, respectful, and not too pushy.

by from Wichita,Ks |

Ed Plisner made the buying process simple. His easy going personality allowed me to make the discussion I thought was right. I love my new car and I will be a return customer.

Great customer service

by from Kansas City, KS |

My work experience taught me to give great customer service but it also made me have expectations as to the type of service I wanted to receive. Hendricks Acura has continued to meet and exceed my expectations of good customer service. Their employees are friendly and knowledgeable about the vehicles they sell and service.

Bad CD Player Replaced on 2007 Acura MDX

by from Olathe, Kansas |

Made an appointment to replace a CD Player that was jammed. Took about 1.5 hours which was better than expected. Car was washed and the only problem was the high cost of the repair, $847.

Outstanding Customer Service

by from Overland Park, KS |

My wife and I just completed our second new car purchase from Hendrick Acura within the last two years. This was our third new car purchase from the Hendrick (formerly Superior) Acura and we have found their dealing to be fair and their attention to the details associated with a trade-in/new car purchase to be outstanding. They truly care about their customers being satisfied and go out of their way to make certain that happens.

March 17, 2015

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We pride ourselves in outstanding customer service. Thank you for your business!

Consistently outstanding customer experience

by from Shawnee, KS |

I keep getting extraordinary service from Hendrick Acura! Today I brought my TL in for an oil change. They took care of that, and Service Consultant Tom Seeling even found that my battery wasn't to their standards, so he had it replaced free under the warranty. Great quality guy in every way. I have never been so pleased with an auto experience in all my 40+ years of driving. I felt Michael Libby worked hard to get me an excellent deal, and the whole service experience has been exemplary. Most of all, I LOVE this car!!!!

March 17, 2015

We are so glad you had a positive experience in our service department! We are also so glad you love your TL!! We look forward to seeing you in the future! Thank you for your business!

Great Experience

by from Wichita, KS |

We live in Wichita, KS and purchased a 2005 Acura TL in November of 2012. It was one of the best use car buying experiences we've had. It was an internet sale and the internet sales rep (sorry don't remember her name) did a great job of describing everything about the car. When we got there, it was exactly as described. We were then handed off to the Flip one of the sales reps who was very professional. The internet sales price was very fair and transparent with links to other use car pricing guides. The price was so fair there was no haggling needed. We still talk to your friends about our experience at Hendrick Acura in Overland Park, and our next Acura purchase will start there

January 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. I (Jenny the Internet Sales Manager) really enjoyed working with you. We hope you are still enjoying your TL, and that you will contact us if you ever have any questions or concerns about your vehicle. Flip is definitely an asset to our store. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will come say "hi" if you are in the area!

Always left happy

by from Kansas City |

I cannot believe the poor ratings I am seeing/reading on here. I have bought not one but two pre-owned Acuras from the then Superior Acura. I cannot speak of the New Car department but the Used department is willing to work with you. If I am in the market of purchasing an Acura, I see a guy named Chip. I do kind of have a problem with the last time I was in the New Car lobby, seemed like I knew the cars more than one of the salesmen. To his credit he did admit he came over from another Hendrick dealership and just started working with Acura, but still do your homework. Overall though, I am in the market of buying a new car soon and the same three usual suspects (Lexus, Acura, Infiniti) are being mulled over. If I choose an Acura, I can't imagine why it wouldn't come from Hendrick.

December 10, 2013

Christian, Thank you for your feedback! It's possible you are thinking of Flip, in our pre-owned department. He's been here quite a while and has a very loyal following for his professionalism. Hendrick Acura Overland Park is pleased to have him on our team, and you as a customer. Thanks Again! Hendrick Acura OP

Shamelessly sleazy

by from Kansas City, MO |

I bought a used Acura RSX S-Type from them back in 2008. They did all the standard sleazy sales pressuring stuff. Told me someone else was going to buy the car any minute, blah blah blah. I walked out every time they did it. Then they would have to call me back and lower the price again. When we finally got passed those games they tried to get me to let them finance it. I told them I was already approved at four different banks and only had 30 min. They said they were sure they could beat anything else being offered. 45 min later they then took me into the dealership managers office and closed the door to do the high pressure thing. Telling me no one would ever fiance me but they had manged to pull a miracle and get me approved for a mere 15%. And continued pressuring me about how no one would give me a loan. My credit was more than strong enough for me to get a home loan with no problems during the sub-prime melt down with no issues, and four banks had already approved me for the loan. He would not let up. So I walked out again. They ended up calling back again and dropping the price some more. I brought a check in from my bank with the loan note showing %6 rate (great rate at that time) and we closed the sale. Then AFTER the sale was closed they brought out a hand written disclosure document demanding that I falsely sign it. I could not believe how shameless they were about it. Eight months later the engine died. All their service deportment would say was that the oil had all mysteriously disappeared from the engine, and that it had not burned out or leaked out. So I can only conclude they did not check or change the oil before selling it as part of their "Acura Certified" program. Run, don't walk away.

September 27, 2013

Brian, thank you for your feedback. Although none of the managers from 2008 are still with us, we wish to address your concerns directly. We invite and encourage you to contact our General Manager directly. Please call us at 913-648-5888 at your earliest opportunity.

Company unwilling to work with me

by from Kansas City, Kansas |

In my haste purchased a car that was too large to fit in my garage dealer was unwilling to work with me or financial instruction in trading for a different car. Found out afterwards 2 co-workers had bad experiences also

April 18, 2013

We understand that purchasing an automobile is a big decision, one that must not be entered into in haste. We make every effort to discover our customers' needs in our sales process because we want them to have the right car for their needs and desires. Many times our customers will be concerned about how well the car will fit in their garage, and we are more than happy to either take the car to them or let the customer take it to their garage to be certain. We are sorry that concern was not made known to us at the time. We try to work with our customers in every way possible. we are sorry you've been disappointed.