Mercedes-Benz of Kansas City / smart center Kansas City

(4.3) 6 Reviews

13851 Madison Avenue, Kansas City, MO 64145

Used 888-440-0242
Service 888-212-0901

Worst car purchase experience ever!

by from Kansas City, MO |

I purchased a used car from this dealership. When removing the prior dealer's emblem, they scratched the paint on the rear bumper. I insisted they repaint it. When doing so, they damaged the car emblem. It took them a week to get a replacement and when they were putting it on, they damaged the paint AGAIN! I bought the car over a month ago, and they still don't have the paint fixed and the emblems on. The body shop caused all the damage and is apparently too inept to fix it. To add insult to injury, I went to the DMV to pay my sales tax and transfer my plates, and the dealership hadn't given me all the paperwork I needed. I waited in line for an hour for nothing and had to go back a second time. I just wish I had my old car back at this point. I highly recommend buying elsewhere.

Mercedes-Benz of Kansas City / smart center Kansas City responded to this review

September 20, 2013

Nancy - We are sorry that you felt this way initially, but are glad that we could assist you in your issues and that your car has been repaired to your satisfaction!

Great buying experience

by from Shawnee, KS |

I purchased an immaculate used Audi from Bob who made the buying process as easy as possible. Low pressure but interested in making sure that the vehicle was right. Finance manager was very accommodating and had all my paper work ready in advance so that I spend only 30 minutes with him before completing the sale. Bob even delivered the vehicle to me as I could not go to pick it up. All around great buying experience as it should be.

Very Helpful

by from Raymore, MO |

Having originally spotted my future purchase on cars.com, I did go over and test drive the vehicle merely as a next step in my purchase process to see if I would even like the vehicle or fit. Well, needless to say, that was all she wrote. Julie, the sales rep, was extremely pleasant to work with and was very accommodating in her pursuit of the sale. Very low pressure yet encouraging. Even the Finance Manager, in completion of the paperwork was low pressure on service contracts and so-forth, but was also very informative and accommodating. Purchased a pre-pay service contract and intend to consider these folks first for any future purchases. Thanks MBZ of KC!

great team work

by from Milford, KS |

I found the car I was looking for with a search on cars.com. I contacted the sales person, he was very helpful and recommended getting a pre-approval to save time on our visit to the dealership, which was 2 1/2 hours away. On the day we went to pick up the car he was not there (Christmas weekend), but were greeted by his co-worker who was expecting us and new us by name. The whole process was painless and getting the pre-approval saved us probably an hour wait at the dealership. Overall a great experience.

Love my car

by from Coffeyville KS |

They made buying a used car exciting. Julie is wonderful and I would recommend anyone looking for a great experience to go and look around this dealership. You will not be disappointed.

As it should be...

by from Olathe, KS |

They made the car buying experience easy. They were straight forward and transparent. It's good to know that all car dealerships haven't lowered themselves to smoke and mirrors. When the time comes for my next auto purchase I will be looking here first!