Hendrick Lexus Kansas City

6935 W Frontage Rd, Merriam, KS 66203

New 888-318-7286 New 888-318-7286
Used 855-743-6318 Used 855-743-6318
Service 866-258-1314 Service 866-258-1314

A Friendly Affordable Place To Do Business!

Best customer experience & best car purchase EVER!

by from Olathe, KS |

I've purchased numerous new and used cars for myself, family, and friends from different parts of the country in the past. My recent purchase from this dealership totally changed the way I view car dealerships and salespeople. Before, I, like many other people, think that car salesman are one of the most dishonest people in the market. This was not that case. This was my first time buying a luxury vehicle from a dealer that sells luxury cars because it was for the wife as I would never drive anything but a stick shift sports car. Before visiting this dealership, we were already eyeing a brand new Acura TLX from Hendrick Acura, and a Lexus would have been our second option. As soon as we entered the dealership, we were first greeted by the receptionist, and as soon as we said we were looking around for a car, Alexai Dowell who was already on point next to the receptionist desk (as opposed to standing outside watching like a hawk) stepped forward and greeted us. They say whether the customer likes the salesman (and ultimately buys a car from him/her) is determined within the first 30 seconds. This is very true. Alexai was very presentable, professional, and knowledgeable. He took time to describe the features of each car and its bells and whistles without sounding too "salesy". I did not feel like I was pressured pick out a car on the spot, and he encouraged us to go home and browse their inventory online if we did not immediately find a vehicle we absolutely loved on the lot. He even offered an initial test drive 30 minutes before the dealership would be closed knowing fully well that we weren't going to be buying a car that day. Before we left, he took my information down in his up log along with our tastes and preferences while assuring us that he will only contact us about the cars in which we were interested. When he found a car (2013 ES 350 certified pre-owned) according to our specs, he called us in, and we test drove it and bought it on the same day. Although our decision was based primarily the qualify, look, and feel of the car, part of it also had to do with Alexai's skill as a professional salesman. He was always very courteous, professional, and attentive. And he never cut corners, pressured us into anything, or tried to oversell the product. And anytime I felt like I was done being all business-like, he was always ready to exchange a few jokes, but never in bad taste. The entire negotiation process took only about 10 to 15 minutes, unlike some dealerships that make you wait hours until you break and give in. Even though I do feel that I was being a bit too reasonable (or generous) in my bid during the first pencil, I did not feel the need to make low ball offers to get the sales manager to come out to talk to me because I did not already feel like I was being scammed from start to finish unlike my previous experiences at other places. I did not have to budge much from my initial offer because I made it pretty clear that I was making a reasonable and respectable offer upfront. Therefore, it was quickly accepted. At other places, the sales manager probably would have seen that as a sign of poor negotiation skills and tried to squeeze even more money out of me. But at Hendrick Lexus, they treat respect with even greater respect. I believe both Alexai and his sales manager recognized this. The service department was also exceptional. When I returned the next day to have them patch up some chips on the windshield and paint, they did it without question or need of an appointment even though it wasn't technically covered. And when I went to purchase a bottle of touch-up paint, Alexai happened to walk by and offered to buy it for me (put it under his account), which I politely declined but thanked him for his thoughtfulness. Based on my experience at this dealership, I have gained a fair amount of faith in the retail car sales industry.

March 17, 2015

Thank you so much for your positive review! We appreciate your feedback. We strive to exceed our customer's expectations. We look forward to seeing you in our service department.

Brandon Blais

by from Gladstone, MO. 64118 |

On October 26, 2015 I took my 'classic' pick up into Hendrick Lexus / Merriam, KS. to have pin stripping added. Brandon Blais was the artist. He explained exactly what he would be applying and consulted with me regarding every detail. He completed the work in a very professional manner and the results were even more outstanding than I had anticipated. Brandon displayed excellent communication skills, as well as, being an outstanding representative for the Dealership. Thank's to Brandon, my truck looks "AWESOME'. Chris Breuer introduced me to Brandon and arranged the appointment. He and his staff are to be 'highly commended'. Thank you for your attention to every detail. This procedure was performed to my complete satisfaction. Regards to all, Jim Lyberger

Great sales experience!

by from Nevada, Mo |

We recently purchased a car from this dealership, and can't say enough about our salesman Alexai Dowell and the delivery specialist, Judy Joy. Alexai supported our wants throughout the buying process, exhibited courtesy and professionalism, and both took a great deal of time explaining options and features. 10 STARS TO BOTH of these employees! Thanks so much!

Service

by from Leawood Kansas 66209 |

Dear Sir I owned 2 lexus cars one I bought in 2004 LS 430 and other 450h in2011 your quality of service is not as good Recently on Feb 14 I gave my car LS 430 for service I had beside service two other issues about my door locks on passenger not working properly this issue I had before on my visit 2 months ago I was given a price to fix was $ 350 this visit I was told $ 875 dollars just in two months it went up by $ 500 dollars I donot thing the inflation is that high when I complained the agent try to find fault on previous agent not sure who is right but certainly this gap of $ 500 is too much some body is fleecing your loyal customer when I asked to speak to service manager I was told He/she not here it was noon time on feb14 I was told the person will call you on my cell phone Sunday 15 February today is 16 February I havenot heard from this person yet.This agent also told I have to fix few other things in the car how can I trust this man . I do plan to send this to your company as well .I was planning to trade in and buy new LS460L certainly I will have to go somewhere else if you have such service department who donot care or respect service but maximize income on false pretence. Sincerely Dr Iftekhar Ahmed Director Comprehensive Stroke programme Research Medical Center KCMO

March 17, 2015

We appreciate your feedback and apologize that your experience did not feel positive. Please contact me directly at 816-591-0788, so we can discuss this issue.

Be Careful

by from Kansas City, MO |

Be careful because the info they post out to places such as cars.com is not always factual. For example, they are currently posting to cars.com a Lexus which was sold over 2 weeks ago. Also, we recently contacted them on a Kia Cadenza they had posted on cars.com and the posting indicated one of the car's features was a moonroof. After calling and having them confirm again that the car did have a moonroof, we drove 45 min's from our house to the dealership, only to find out the car did not have a moonroof. We were told that "humans work at their dealership and sometimes make mistakes but they would be sure to remove this feature." They indicated it would be removed from their homepage the next day. It took a week before they updated their website to remove moonroof from the ad. Seems like they really don't care much about customer service, they just want to get you to their lot and hope you will ignore the fact that they don't always post proper details on their autos.

March 17, 2015

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for your experience. You can contact me directly at 816-591-0788 to discuss.

Pam S. at Hendrick Lexus, KC-Review

by from Leawood, KS |

I just bought a new car from Pam S., our fifth, and can't emphasize enough the courtesy and professionalism we experienced at this dealership from Pam and the delivery specialist, Susan R. I would rather spend an hour in the dentist chair than go to a car dealership. But these people answered all my questions, suggested alternatives and helped me with the decision process, without pressure. If Santa needs a new car he goes to Hendrick Lexus in KC. They are just nice people who know what they are doing and how to treat people so they keep coming back.

March 17, 2015

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your positive experience at our Dealership. We pride ourselves in exceeding our customer's expectations!

Hendrick Lexus Kansas City

by from Merriam, KS |

Our new car buying experience was excellent in every way. April Biehl was extremely helpful and courteous. Chris Nottage, our sales consultant was well informed, helpful, and courteous. Overall, we were extremely pleased to purchase our new vehicle from Hendrick Lexus of Kansas City.

March 17, 2015

We are so glad you had such a great experience with April and our dealership. We always try to exceed our customer's expectations.

WOW!! That about says it all

by from Liberty,MO |

Once again WOW!! Just purchased the new RC-F and everyone from JC, Mike, my salesman Bob Anderson, to the delivery was exceptional. Never been to a dealership, and have been to a few, that is a as professional and accommodating as Lexus KC. They are not pushy and let you spend as much time as you need to be completely satisfied with your buying decision. It did not take me long to decide on the RC-F. What an awesome car. Driving it home was a thrill, as being the ONLY one of 2200 being sold in the US. Lexus KC thank you, again for a great buying experience.

March 17, 2015

Thanks so much! We appreciate your feedback and are so glad you had such a great experience with our team! We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Buying A Certified Used Car Was Easy

by from Kansas City, MO |

I started using Hendrick-Merriam because I was not satisfied with the service I received at my former dealer. The last time I took my car in for service, I started looking at an ES Hybrid and picked up a brochure. I checked out their website and found the car I was looking for ... it was a certified used car. Never having purchased a used car, I made an appointment and met John Thomas. We went for a test drive and John explained the Hendrick certified used car program. I purchased the car ... John made it easy ... I am a real fan of Hendrick-Merriam and the certified used car program!

November 7, 2014

We are thrilled to hear that John was so knowledgable about our Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle program! We hope you enjoy your Lexus ES Hybrid and we look forward to seeing you again soon! -Hendrick Lexus Kansas City

Great car buying experience

by from Shawnee |

Loved working with Roger! He was patient as I tried to find the perfect car and went out of his way to make sure I had the best options. I really enjoyed the reception staff, who were super friendly. They also have a wonderful hospitality area that I enjoyed. It will be a great place to wait for future oil changes or service. Al in all it was an enjoyable experience and I love my new car! I highly recommend Roger if you want to work with someone who will treat you with kindness and work hard to get you exactly what you are looking for.

August 23, 2014

Dawn, we are thrilled you had the opportunity to work with Roger at our dealership! We thank you for recommending Roger and we can't wait to have you back in the store! Sincerely, Hendrick Lexus Kansas City