Van Subaru

(2.3) 8 Reviews

100 NW Vivion Rd, KCMO, MO 64118

Outstanding Dealership and Wonderful Experience!

by from Kansas City |

My husband and I just got a new Subaru Forester at Van Subaru. It was a great experience! Our salesman, John, and the General Manager, Joe Antal, were both an absolute pleasure to work with! They went above and beyond to meet our price range with the car we wanted. Mark, in the finance department, was nice, smiley and made everything so easy for us. John spent a lot of time with us, showing us our car and all of its options. They didn't have the color we wanted in stock but got it there in less than 24 hours! Joe Antal personally came to us and introduced himself and talked to us about our wants and needs in a new Subaru. They are all Subaru enthusiasts! Van Subaru really is a family and we are delighted to be a part of it!! I highly recommend Van Subaru for your Subaru needs. We will be with them for many years to come! Absolutely wonderful buying experience!!

Ethical Misconduct

by from Olate, Kansas |

Had agreed upon a price for a Impreza with the sales rep and sales manager. I was almost forty miles away and journeyed there on the next day with check on hand and with my trade in with me. The general manager rescinded the orally agreed upon price and when I refused to renegotiate the deal he literally threw my keys to my car at me. I have never been treated in such a manner and have filed a complaint with the national office of Subura of America. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT DOING BIUINESS WITH THIS COMPANY...ESPECIALLY WITH THE GENERAL MANAGER MR. JOE ANTAL!!!!!!.

The worst dealer in the U S

by from Terry MS |

I was trying to buy a 2014 Subaru Outback that this dealership was selling on their website. I was dealing with Guy Merola. He got a purchase price from his manager and presented it to me. I agreed on his price on the Outback. Since I was an out of state buyer, I gave the dealership a $500.00 credit card deposit. I scheduled time off work, made travel and financial arrangements and prepared to come get my car. When I called Mr Merola with my travel plans he told me his General Manager Joe Antal has voided the deal and decided he needed an extra $3000.00 for the Outback since it was a hot car. Mr Merola requested that I look at their website and confirm the $3000.00 price increase. I refused to pay their upcharge and requested our previously agreed upon price be honored. General Manager Joe Antal refused to honor it and stated he could back out since he did not sign the purchase contract. I requested my $500.00 deposit be refunded. Mr Antal refused, so I called Subaru of America and requested their assistance. Thanks to their assistance I did get my deposit back approximately one week later. I have never been treated so poorly and lied to by a dealership as this one. I have family who live nearby and I have informed them to avoid this dealership. Hopefully other prospective buyers will read my sales experience and avoid them as well.

Biggest racket in town.

by from Kansas City, MO |

So the turbo on my car quit, and it was covered under warranty. The head of service said that he would take off the turbo to see if it was working. If it wasn't, he would take off the oil pan to see if my engine was blown. He said I was good, I had a warranty. He said he would cal by the end of business. That didn't happen. The next day, I find out that they found something broken that was NOT covered, and hadn't even bothered to see whether or not I had bigger problems JUST LIKE THEY SAID THEY WOULD. They didnt bother to see if something covered had failed and blown up the oil line. They wanted 1200 for a new turbo. I can get one off the Shelf from IHI for 400. they said 1750 for the up pipe and oil lines. 200.00 in parts. Now I have no idea whats wrong with my car because they did not deliver on what they said they would do. Over-Promise, Deliver Nothing. that's their mantra.

Supurb purchasing experience

by from Overland Park Kansas |

Very friendly and helpful staff they have the best inventory in Kansas City on new Subaru and they treated customers with very professional and courteous. My salesman, John and his manager Joe Burberry easy to deal with that made the pricing simple buying process was very stress free. over in the finance department Adam was very good and explained everything in great detail so that I could understand it everyone knows no pressure situation. I would highly recommend anybody to go to the dealership they make it very easy to buy a car very comfortable. I've visited all three dealerships in Kansas City and this is the best as far as I'm concerned

Worst customer service experience

by from Kansas City, MO |

I should have known this would be an awful experience when I purchased our 2011 Outback at the old North Kansas City location and the salesperson repeatedly screwed up the invoicing over the course of a month. I nearly returned the car because the temp tags had nearly expired and I still had no title information or a proper invoice. The service experience has been absolutely wretched even in the new location. Even a simple oil change results in an attempted up-sell for this filter and that filter we never experienced at other dealers with our two previous Subarus. Scheduling is fairly convenient and you do get text message reminders, but it always takes longer than indicated. Most recently, Subaru corporate agreed to cover a part for free that was out of warrantee because it is a common problem (steering wheel radio controls fail). Three separate calls to the service department over the course of a month, and they never call back. The service reps are pleasant and "talk the talk," but dealing with this trainwreck of a dealership will waste your valuable time and you get the feeling of being blown off. I will never buy another car here and the dealer experience caused us to by our first non-Subaru in a long time.

They advertise cars they don't have to sell

by from Lawrence, Ks |

Don't believe this dealer's online listings, or receptionists. They put cars they don't have up online, and then have their receptionists lie to you to get you out to the dealer. I drove over an hour to come see a car, and then when I got there the car I called about didn't exist. Then the salesman pulled a "well, so what else can we do for you to get you into a different car today?" This is with no similarly priced cars with similar miles. Avoid this dealership and give your money to a more honest business.

Purcahsed a 2006 Subaru Legacy

by from Kansas City MO |

I recently purchased a Subaru Legacy, 2006. I will start with the good things. The salesman was low key and professional and they did stand by their warranty. OK, now the "not so good". Had to take the car back three times to get the cruise control fixed. The last time I picked up the car, the car was FILTHY, whoever drove the car used up 3/4 of a tank of gas and did not replace it. The tech changed all the radio stations on the FM dial, and when they replaced the Missouri State Inspections sticker, they put it on crooked and did not clean the old "gunk" off of the windshield. In addition, this car was supposed to be "certified". Maybe Subaru has a different definition for this word. The wiper blades were completely worn out, and the door for the gas was stuck shut and I nearly got stranded. Don't they check these things? There seems to be NO ATTENTION TO DETAIL at this dealership. Yes, these are all small things, but several small things add up. Would I purchase another vehicle at this dealership? Probably not.