Landmark Chrysler Jeep

Used 877-816-8812
Service 888-238-9398

Draconian sales process

by from Lees Summit, MO |

I didn't buy a car. The salesman was great but they still operate under the dark ages sales process. They do the back and forth, high pressure, sign here, even wanted earnest money as a show of commitment. Definitely high pressure. There is no way I will buy a car from that company.

THIS PLACE IS A JOKE

by from KC MO |

THIS PLACE IS A JOKE. THE USED CAR DEPARTMENT IS A WASTE OF TIME I WENT OUT TO TRY AND BUY A NEW CAR AND THE SALES MANAGER WOULD NOT WORK A DEAL WITHOUT ME GIVING A $20 DEPOSIT. I TOLD HIM I'M HERE TO BUY A CAR NOT PLAY GAMES. I ENDED UP WALKING OUT AND BUYING A CAR IN CASH LATER THAT DAY. READ THE REVIEWS STAY AWAY.

Landmark will leave you EMPTY

by from Independence, MO |

1. If you are not willing to walk away from the sale, they'll eat you alive. If you have a realistic price, and you stick to it, you are GOLDEN. 2. They will ask you to fill out paperwork or provide a down payment before the salesman even presents your offer (counter) to the sales manager. Flat out refuse - be willing to walk out. They are drawing you into the sales process. Tell them you don't have time to play stupid games. 3. Do not give them ernest $. They will say "We need to know you are serious." Tell them, "If I was not serious, would I be sitting here?" During one of my test drives, my salesman told me that the competition is so fierce on Noland Road that Landmark's main tactic is to get ernest $. Because once they have your $, you won't leave until you get it back. They use this tactic to keep you in the dealer to listen to their offers. Handing $ over to them puts them in control of the process. You are the buyer and should ALWAYS control the process. 4. When you an offer, give them your best offer and tell them you will not pay a penny more. Tell them if they can't meet your offer, they are wasting yours, and their time That effectively puts a stake in the ground for you and lets the dealer know your boundary. They will likely come back with several offers and complain that they are forced to keep making better offers. You can tell them that had they listened to you and not wasted everybody's time, they would have met your offer or let you walk right up front. Tell them their complaining is their own fault. If they want to sell a car, they need to get to your offer. If they can't, you need to walk. 5. When you make your offer, demand a full tank of gas (in your offer). Apparently, this dealer is notorious for giving you a car on "E" at delivery. That makes a buyer feel really good... 6. Don't be intimidated by the sales manager. He tried railroading me about how I was way off on my offer and how no dealer would give me what I wanted. I politely said, "I don't appreciate you speaking to me in this tone or in such a condescending way. I will just leave if you can't meet my offer." In fact, I even got up and started walking out when he said, "let me make a few calls to get a better idea on your trade." he then delayed further by saying he had to talk to the owner to see how much margin was built into the purchase price. Delays. During each delay, my original offer remained the same. 7. Don't get confused with all the numbers. They will put math equations all over their offer sheet to make it look like they are working hard. And they will write all over the offer sheet with huge black and red markers as if the bigger marker means they are doing a better job of cutting the price. Get real Landmark. Your use of these markers makes you look like my kindergartener. 8. If you have stuck to your price, and it's reasonable, they will eventually meet it - it may take a few hours. 9. Only agree to paperwork after an accepted offer. I followed all of these steps except #5 - I ran out of gas two blocks from the dealership. I coasted into a parking lot and walked a block to buy gas. I was furious at the dealer, but I have nobody to blame but myself. My salesman was Tom - only pushy up until I made it quite clear to him that I would walk if he was just going to push his sales tactics on me. The used car sales manager really tried acting like the big boss in between bites of his Arby's sandwich. Kind of hard to take a guy seriously when he has Arby's sauce dripping off his chin. Jody, the finance guy was condescending about how much I needed the warranty. He had a list of 100+ options for me to choose from and I kept politely saying no - which really frustrated him because he makes commission on the overpriced warranties. An extended warranty is not a bad thing. I bought the exact same extended warranty Jody was offering for half the price the following weekend.

False Advertizing - No honor

by from Blue Springs, mo |

Obtained an internet quote and OTD price from a dealership outside the area. Presented to this dealership based on their clear advertizement stating "We Guarentee we will beat any internet price by $500 Period". What a crock! Their OTD price was only a $31 better deal. Gave me an excuse of we're saving you a plane ticket, gasoline, miles on your vehicle. What does that have to do with the price of the vehicle???? I Attempted a couple times to negotiate. They wouldn't budge. Went to another dealership in the area and made a deal for $307 less than Landmarks offer. Went to a better dealership, got a better price. Personally, will never attempt to do business with this dealership again. I guess their current rating speaks for itself.

Not impressed.

by from Wichita, KS |

I sent a message first to the dealer using cars.com and did not receive a reply back. I then called the dealer. I live 3 hours away and already had financing. I wanted to get everything setup before I visited the dealer since I live so far away. The first salesman I talked to advised me they do not negotiate over the phone and that it was against Missouri state law to do so (which I thought was a little odd). I talked to a second salesman who eventually presented my offer to the manager. They countered and I drove to the dealer to see the vehicle. The vehicle was not what I wanted, so I did not buy it. The night before I drove down I wanted to make sure everything was good for my visit. I talked to someone name Jody in finance who was not very cooperative. He pretty much told me I did not know what I was talking about when it came to my credit union. This guy was a jerk and finally the manager called me back and we worked all the particulars out. Some of the people are great to work with but the dealership is broken into a few different stores so their is confusion all around if you dont get to the right building.

Hoodwinked by Landmark

by from Holden Missouri |

i bought a 2010 Jeep Wrangler here in March and when I asked for 800 more for my trade in the sales man said he would try. I then said how about that 800 in cash so I have a little extra for the taxes . He comes back and says they will do it. I did not realize till I got home that night that they put the $800 in with the financing. The next day I asked the sales man and he said he did not know they did that. The finance man said "you got a good deal anyway". I say if you can't deal with integrity then don't sell cars. Funny reading these reviews and the responses by Land mark management. They say they have many happy customers. I say where? They have 80% bad reviews and everyone I have ever talked to since my deal said they wouldn't buy a car there even if it was cheaper . Everyone I have talked to says they are crooks. We were new to the area and I let them hoodwink me. Since that Jeep ,I have bought 4 vehicles 1 of them a new car and 2 late model used cars and 1 older pickup. They did not nor will they ever get my business again , and they also have another unhappy customer out there along with all the others to spread the word about them. I read in several of there reviews that the owner has actually chased people out stating that he does not need them because he sells 400 cars a month. I say more power to you Landmark , your going to need it sooner or later.

Excellent buyer experience

by from Wichita KS |

We drove a 2012 Jeep Liberty home and our total experience, from first contact long distance via phone----from Wichita KS area----to the actual sale, was first-rate attention by all: a friendly, knowledgeable sales representative, a helpful rep explaining additional options offered, and the pleasant, congenial finance officer that assisted us getting into the vehicle we wanted. The fact that there were lots and lots of papers to sign was not their fault-----they have many regulations to follow! We NEVER felt any pressure to make a choice other than what we wanted to do. I would highly recommend this dealership and their wide selection of vehicles; just know, though, we took the best one on the lot!!!!

April 4, 2013

We truly appreciate this outstanding review. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We love to hear from our customers and we are delighted to know you enjoyed your visit with us. We are honored to have you as a customer and we look forward to helping you again in the future. Thanks, Management Staff Landmark Chrysler Jeep

Want to waste 3 hours

by from Lees summit |

Complete waste of our time. There used car manager ( ? ) thinks the customer base are uninformed idiots and will be glad to treat you in that manner. After 3 hours the salesman and manager could not agree on the price they quoted.

Poor Experience

by from Leee's Summit |

Called first and scheduled appointment. The price on the internet had been marked down a couple times but the salesman gave me a price a couple thousand higher. I tried to leave several times and they refused to lower the price but offered me more for my trade. In the end it fell a part. A real stressful experience. It is now re-listed like a new listed vehicle on another sight with a price taag 3 thousand less! I don't get it.

December 1, 2012

We apologize for your unpleasant shopping experience here at our facility. I'm not sure exactly what happened in your particular circumstance, but we strive everyday to give our customers the most pleasant buying experience possible! Thanks Management Staff Landmark Chrysler Jeep

Stay Away

by from Independence, Mo |

Do NOT buy from this dealership!! The salesman don't care about you and you families needs...they have a great selection, but don't let that fool you. Stay away!

December 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our facility. I am terribly sorry you feel that way about our sales staff and really wish you gave more detail into what happened regarding your experience with us. Our customers wants and need are our #1 priority and we do our best to cater to each and everyone of them, but unfortunately we do not have the ability to please everyone as goes for any retail establishment. We have many very happy customers that do all there business with us because we do put the customer first. I am very sorry you had a bad experience. Management Staff