Landmark Chrysler Jeep

Used 877-816-8812 Used 877-816-8812
Service 888-238-9398 Service 888-238-9398

Great car-buying experience!

by from Kansas City, MO |

My husband and I came here to buy a 2015 Jeep GC we saw online. We had done all of our research and showed up to buy with a trade-in. I never look forward to buying a new car and only do so every 10 years, so I was dreading coming in. But we ended up working with Bob Lackland and he was an AMAZING Salesman to work with! I even hate to use the word "Salesman" because that can sometimes come with a negative connotation. He was very honest and up front with us. He could easily read our queues and understood what we were in the market for so he did not push us in any direction we weren't headed towards. He made the experience very comfortable and we felt like we got an extremely fair deal for both the new Jeep and our trade-in! He also educated us on some of the details of their cars so that was helpful. Bob even went so far as to explain to us how to get better mileage out of our car on our own when we leave the lot! As with all car-buying experiences, you should do your research so when you come into any dealership you know what rates you should qualify for, what the price range is for your trade-in. If you do that and you're paired up with a great Salesman to work with, like Bob, then the experience is easy-peasy! I would definitely come back here again and work with him, and I would feel very comfortable referring him to others! Thank you, Bob and the rest of the team at Landmark for our awesome new SUV!

great experience

by from independence mo |

The people were great. Not only was our salesman Cliff fantastic but the owner Doug Fletcher and sales manager Chadd Vickers talked to us and they were very nice and helpful. The people at landmark jeep will work hard to get you into something that's a great deal and will work for your family.

great people great deals

by from independence mo |

We went a couple of places to check out cars and I didn't have a good experience at any of them until I came to Landmark. Cliff was extremely helpful as well as everyone we came in contact with there. They had great prices and will really work with you to find a good fit.

out dated

by from kc mo |

Bought used truck drove it home and found several things wrong, had to argue with salesperson took it back for "warranty" work pretty much said nothing was truck will barely stay on the road cause of steering problem. I will never buy from them again such a horrible experience would not suggest anyone buy from there and 3 week s later still have not seen title!

Time warp back to Slick Willies!

by from kc northland,mo |

I bought the truck only because it was what I wanted,at the price I wanted. That's where it begins and ends with this dealership. Customer service well that is pretty much non existant! The process was very long and painful and pretty much everything that myself and every potential customer despises,yet I read all these other reviews and they are virtually the same as mine and Landmark only defends the process because that is the way they have done buisness for a very long time,IT SHOWS! No reply to Cars.com request,forced to fill out credit app. even though had my own finacing in place,the list goes on and on and on! If you can't stand slick willies and go in with your knowledge sharpened,stay away.

Draconian sales process

by from Lees Summit, MO |

I didn't buy a car. The salesman was great but they still operate under the dark ages sales process. They do the back and forth, high pressure, sign here, even wanted earnest money as a show of commitment. Definitely high pressure. There is no way I will buy a car from that company.

THIS PLACE IS A JOKE

by from KC MO |

THIS PLACE IS A JOKE. THE USED CAR DEPARTMENT IS A WASTE OF TIME I WENT OUT TO TRY AND BUY A NEW CAR AND THE SALES MANAGER WOULD NOT WORK A DEAL WITHOUT ME GIVING A $20 DEPOSIT. I TOLD HIM I'M HERE TO BUY A CAR NOT PLAY GAMES. I ENDED UP WALKING OUT AND BUYING A CAR IN CASH LATER THAT DAY. READ THE REVIEWS STAY AWAY.

Landmark will leave you EMPTY

by from Independence, MO |

1. If you are not willing to walk away from the sale, they'll eat you alive. If you have a realistic price, and you stick to it, you are GOLDEN. 2. They will ask you to fill out paperwork or provide a down payment before the salesman even presents your offer (counter) to the sales manager. Flat out refuse - be willing to walk out. They are drawing you into the sales process. Tell them you don't have time to play stupid games. 3. Do not give them ernest $. They will say "We need to know you are serious." Tell them, "If I was not serious, would I be sitting here?" During one of my test drives, my salesman told me that the competition is so fierce on Noland Road that Landmark's main tactic is to get ernest $. Because once they have your $, you won't leave until you get it back. They use this tactic to keep you in the dealer to listen to their offers. Handing $ over to them puts them in control of the process. You are the buyer and should ALWAYS control the process. 4. When you an offer, give them your best offer and tell them you will not pay a penny more. Tell them if they can't meet your offer, they are wasting yours, and their time That effectively puts a stake in the ground for you and lets the dealer know your boundary. They will likely come back with several offers and complain that they are forced to keep making better offers. You can tell them that had they listened to you and not wasted everybody's time, they would have met your offer or let you walk right up front. Tell them their complaining is their own fault. If they want to sell a car, they need to get to your offer. If they can't, you need to walk. 5. When you make your offer, demand a full tank of gas (in your offer). Apparently, this dealer is notorious for giving you a car on "E" at delivery. That makes a buyer feel really good... 6. Don't be intimidated by the sales manager. He tried railroading me about how I was way off on my offer and how no dealer would give me what I wanted. I politely said, "I don't appreciate you speaking to me in this tone or in such a condescending way. I will just leave if you can't meet my offer." In fact, I even got up and started walking out when he said, "let me make a few calls to get a better idea on your trade." he then delayed further by saying he had to talk to the owner to see how much margin was built into the purchase price. Delays. During each delay, my original offer remained the same. 7. Don't get confused with all the numbers. They will put math equations all over their offer sheet to make it look like they are working hard. And they will write all over the offer sheet with huge black and red markers as if the bigger marker means they are doing a better job of cutting the price. Get real Landmark. Your use of these markers makes you look like my kindergartener. 8. If you have stuck to your price, and it's reasonable, they will eventually meet it - it may take a few hours. 9. Only agree to paperwork after an accepted offer. I followed all of these steps except #5 - I ran out of gas two blocks from the dealership. I coasted into a parking lot and walked a block to buy gas. I was furious at the dealer, but I have nobody to blame but myself. My salesman was Tom - only pushy up until I made it quite clear to him that I would walk if he was just going to push his sales tactics on me. The used car sales manager really tried acting like the big boss in between bites of his Arby's sandwich. Kind of hard to take a guy seriously when he has Arby's sauce dripping off his chin. Jody, the finance guy was condescending about how much I needed the warranty. He had a list of 100+ options for me to choose from and I kept politely saying no - which really frustrated him because he makes commission on the overpriced warranties. An extended warranty is not a bad thing. I bought the exact same extended warranty Jody was offering for half the price the following weekend.

False Advertizing - No honor

by from Blue Springs, mo |

Obtained an internet quote and OTD price from a dealership outside the area. Presented to this dealership based on their clear advertizement stating "We Guarentee we will beat any internet price by $500 Period". What a crock! Their OTD price was only a $31 better deal. Gave me an excuse of we're saving you a plane ticket, gasoline, miles on your vehicle. What does that have to do with the price of the vehicle???? I Attempted a couple times to negotiate. They wouldn't budge. Went to another dealership in the area and made a deal for $307 less than Landmarks offer. Went to a better dealership, got a better price. Personally, will never attempt to do business with this dealership again. I guess their current rating speaks for itself.

Not impressed.

by from Wichita, KS |

I sent a message first to the dealer using cars.com and did not receive a reply back. I then called the dealer. I live 3 hours away and already had financing. I wanted to get everything setup before I visited the dealer since I live so far away. The first salesman I talked to advised me they do not negotiate over the phone and that it was against Missouri state law to do so (which I thought was a little odd). I talked to a second salesman who eventually presented my offer to the manager. They countered and I drove to the dealer to see the vehicle. The vehicle was not what I wanted, so I did not buy it. The night before I drove down I wanted to make sure everything was good for my visit. I talked to someone name Jody in finance who was not very cooperative. He pretty much told me I did not know what I was talking about when it came to my credit union. This guy was a jerk and finally the manager called me back and we worked all the particulars out. Some of the people are great to work with but the dealership is broken into a few different stores so their is confusion all around if you dont get to the right building.